legal questins

• alright... you officially scared me now senpai ›.‹
    isnt the scenario more like: someone finds a briefcase packet with money, with that money he makes a fun park and opens it for everyone who is interested to have fun there, the ones playing in the park dont have a clue about how and with whoms money the park was made.
    even tho i think the lockpick analogy its way cooler , the briefcase one may be more precise for our situation.

• alright... you officially scared me now senpai ›.‹
    isnt the scenario more like: someone finds a briefcase packet with money, with that money he makes a fun park and opens it for everyone who is interested to have fun there, the ones playing in the park dont have a clue about how and with whoms money the park was made.
    even tho i think the lockpick analogy its way cooler , the briefcase one may be more precise for our situation.

No.

• Using DBO Client is illegal.

Even only one sentence of the code is.

Everything has a copyright, aand has been developped by someone. If you're at school, on an art project and draw something like a bird, taking your picture is stealing if you don't allow it. Take only the wings is still stealing, because YOU did it, and no one asked you if they can use it or not.

There is your answer

• so they take the 1 sentence from the code.. they re-write it and isnt illegal?...

So everyone who played DBO did it illegal because its illegal to use the client.

Game publisher published the client for legal use. None use it for
    anything illegal. Private servers are legal as I already said.

I mean using the client to make your own server, not to play the game.

Everything "open source" is legal

As i know, DBO is not open source and client is not officially released to public from the game company itself.

But who gives a damn, we all want to play it and support it :D

• what ? so does blizzard released world of warcraft files to public ? does blade&soul released files to public from the game company ?
    No , so its the same for DBO , you have nothing to worry about guys

• what ? so does blizzard released world of warcraft files to public ? does blade&soul released files to public from the game company ?
    No , so its the same for DBO , you have nothing to worry about guys

Yeah, anyway, there are a lot of private servers of any online game and make a server with no code its not illegal (Daneos its not stealing any code) and finally, the client its public...

• I don't think anything as to worry about something.

They won't do anything about that. As i said, legal or not, we all want to play DBO Global and IF game developpers or publishers want to do something about it, no players will be involved and daneos will just be told to stop it.

He might received false emails about that though

• Hello guys!

Were legalities are not my field of expertise but Ive been in the private server scene for almost a decade (9yrs now probably).
    And not even a single fúck was given even a publisher or the developer sends to me a DMCA.

So, if you're worried about legalities, this place is not for you. I suggest that you go back to retail servers. (Yes I just said that).
    Let us handle all the crap what they'll send to us.
    All you need to do is play. And thats all.

Now since both sides (Our staff) & the players opinion has been heard.
    I think this is the right time to close the topic.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!