Nothing being done to balance DW's out

• Hello your favourite DW here, been playing on this server since the beginning, started out as playing this class since the old game back in the day, as bad as the class performed in some field's at least in pvp, you could see some of it's strenghts in pve shine through, fast fourward to DBOG where alot of calculating was done to please alot of playerbase.

Nothing what so ever has been done to try and buff DW's to excel in any field of the game at all, hell i cant even find a single party in this game that will pick a DW over a SK for a tank much less PVP, so the question remains... why have this class in the game at all?

-I addressed how piss poor the calculations for some of DW's skills are that dont even calculated sub weapons damage into it's skills like for example "Dragon Strike" which in theory should deal tones of damage but instead deals 1/3 of what it's supposed to show.

-CC's unexistent and easy to counter.

- Gave an update on demon wave saying it's supposed to "buff" the skill made it more useless in pvp and pve scenario's dealing physical damage now and bleed over time instead of burn which is easy to counter, and deal's piss poor damage.

- 16 focus passive to the class is practicly useless now that they nerfed success rate on warrior tree skill's.

Do i have to go on? How long does it have to take before we get these things sorted out, at least bring back the old demon wave skill, and dont bother changing anything at all, if you dont want to hear our feedback.

• Greetings community of DBOG,

Probably you don't know who I am. I've been playing this game for a week, but I perceived quite a lot about the mechanics of the game and the current meta-game. Yesterday, Coldhell was helping me in the game (ty Cold) and explaining me how to build a DW (My class. Unexpected, I know it)

Thanks to that I've been able to improve my gaming experience, but I feel that the class is behind the others (At least in early game, for now I am only level 42 and I want to see how it works in PvP and PvE in level 60-70)

The damage of the skills is quite low compared to others I've seen in PvP and PvE (races that can make full clear in a mobs spot before they reach level 30). I don't know what "balance" makers are based on to balance things in the game, but I think it should be checked.

I can't contribute more but as I said, I've been playing for a short time and I'm giving my point of view. As soon as I have spent more time in the game and see changes or I can compare the class well with others, I will respond again.

Thank you for reading and sorry if my english sucks :D

• Nah brother your english is alright, thanks for giving your own feedback.

If you want PVP in this game dont go any further leveling the class as a new player, just try out Crane, Shadow Knight, fighter or any other class for that matter.

• The original DBO was already poorly balanced put that together with the fact the developer had never played retail and you get this situation.

Most of the people with knowledge on how classes worked in retail have quit and/or got banned on this server for obvious reasons, and most of those that are still around won’t even bother trying talking to a brick wall anymore, they rather reroll the overpowered classes.

I wouldn’t expect any balance updates until 2.0 is ready.. if ever..

• that again... they wont make new changes all classes have ther own damage you cant balance for example dw and sk to the same scale then one of the classes is usless

and if you read the patch notes back from 2018 you will find dw balance changes .

• that again... they wont make new changes all classes have ther own damage you cant balance for example dw and sk to the same scale then one of the classes is usless

and if you read the patch notes back from 2018 you will find dw balance changes .

I read the "balance" changes, the thing is nothing in the stated "balance" changes did anything to do what was intended for the class, and actually making it worse in long run. Im not sure why you brought it up as if i didnt know what these changes were, which i clearly stated in this thread at the beginning, you did read that did you?

Anyways, it doesn't matter, honestly i talked on this subject before with a friend of mine who actually won solo budo on korean version of the game as a DW.
    We talked about calculation being off on sub weapon skill's for the class.

• I read the "balance" changes, the thing is nothing in the stated "balance" changes did anything to do what was intended for the class, and actually making it worse in long run. Im not sure why you brought it up as if i didnt know what these changes were, which i clearly stated in this thread at the beginning, you did read that did you?

Anyways, it doesn't matter, honestly i talked on this subject before with a friend of mine who actually won solo budo on korean version of the game as a DW.
    We talked about calculation being off on sub weapon skill's for the class.

i read that part wher you say focus change is useless and

they changed a skill as well i think demon wave

they changed weapons calculation damage from main and sub weapons a few times, so yes ther is something off i agree with that but it is a problem for all classes not for dw only

• It's not only the DW. Plasma majins are very outdated. Some of their skills do less than the karma even though they are the same. Their mastery and some other passive buffs are pretty much terrible. If daneos tried a little harder to release a balance patch for dbog 1 to keep the game going and then work on the new server it would be best.

• We all know Daneos isn't going to do more to 1.0 client. He's too focused on 2.0 client. Believe me when I say I want him to buff Plasmas because it's a secondary class I want to be good, but it ain't going to happen for a while.

That's alright, reason i made this thread is to raise the awarness of these issues so that once he deals with 2.0 being ready to go, he can start putting in prespective some big issues with classes.

I really hope 2.0 is going to get the official launch soon, im really sick and tired of all the testing i've done since pre alpha.

• Dark Warrior has been buffed quite heavily in DBOG and they hit a solid balance thanks to level 70 cap.

Perhaps you should try to play around Demon Wave for PvP (as opponents will need to wear immunity to confusion at all times, making them easier to kill).

As for PvE, they are uncontestable.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!