Retexture Mod

• Hi,

currently I am working on a retexture.

900 textures haven been adjusted, mostly plants, floors, rocks, some builidings and some objects. 3200 Objects are still jet to be touched (so far I don't plan to adjust npcs/dogis, just the world itself).

I will update from time to time, but I wanted to share the progress, to see if there even is an interest in it.

The textures are the originall ones from dbo, in almost all cases I just doubled the resolution and decreasing the pixelate effect by making it smoother. For example (left original, right mine):

b94002f56abfab05799cdf2f72e3bd51.png

Here is a quick preview of the unfinished mod:

https://youtu.be/9THaYAi6xhM

How to install:

From what I see the names for tw and korean client are the same, just one has about 3 textures more.

You need this tool with it's .dll:

for korean client

for tw client

The new textures can be downloaded here:

Retexture_900done

Don't forget to back-up

You can either copy the unpacker tool and the .dll into your main game folder, or create a seperate folder somewhere else (I would recommend, I atleast allways need to give additional permission to overwrite, so the tool doesn't work on my original game path).

If you create a seperate folder somewhere else, copy all tex.pak, tex01.pak...files into a pack folder (you can do all pak files but it takes longer and isn't needed), like this:

3ae891a0cebb6fa1eff4c0c6cbbda50a.png

Run the PackEditor.exe as administrator.

Click on unpack:

f624944845c4ff2b01a4cc605e6c01f2.png

Then just check texture and uncheck everything else (if you are in the original game path, or copied all .pak files you can do the others too, but it will take some time)

5a862d1bea16580854cc89b16f26eb72.png

After it is finished you have a new "texture" folder with all the current texture files in your used folder.

Now copy my new textures and overwrite them in the created texture folder.

When it is finished click in the Pack Editor on "Export Texture"

78569efdf1b34e139fc72552857fcab1.png

After it is done the files in your pack folder have been updated with the new textures.

Now you just need to copy them and overwrite them in your original dbo path (or do nothing if you didn't create a seperate folder somewhere)

Then start the game

Have fun!

• What a nice job you've done here. By the way, if i play DBOG 1.0, which one should i download? "for korean client" or "for taiwan client"?

Go ahead and call it a sin, i don't mind being a sinner... It's not about Gods or mortals. You're the incarnation of the ultimate injustice, I'll eliminate you to build a new world, i'll be a sinner so that the universe can finally be covered with innocents.

b275c7996bcf68a1cc2f0170a27da0b27cd438b9_hq.gif

• I downloaded both tools. But in both cases, when i run the Pack editor, there are four error messages poping up, saying:

"The code execution could not continue,

mfc100u.dll

MSVCR100.dll

MSVCP100.dll

VCOMP100.DLL

are missing, this problem could be solved by reinstalling the program."

Any idea to help my situation?

Perhaphs could you attach your own tex.pak to just replace mine with it? That would be greatly apreciated, and you would be a hero...

Go ahead and call it a sin, i don't mind being a sinner... It's not about Gods or mortals. You're the incarnation of the ultimate injustice, I'll eliminate you to build a new world, i'll be a sinner so that the universe can finally be covered with innocents.

Edited once, last by Kingalfa ().

• What a nice job you've done here. By the way, if i play DBOG 1.0, which one should i download? "for korean client" or "for taiwan client"?

Hi,

sorry i was pretty occupied with work.

1.0 is taiwan client.

From the look of the error it looks like you need to install microsoft visual c++

Idk it worked for me from the beginning, I think I had it installed tho.

Please try it and tell me if it works.

If not I can try to upload my tex.paks this weekend.

I'd prefere not to, the problem with that way is that:

- I need to look if i have one version without the mods I am using installed

- You have to redo it if at one time daneos adds a new texture for a new model

- you need all tex.paks so thats 1-2 GB (I use workupload since you don't have to register and they don't delete, but ppl say it is slow to download^^)

• Hi,

sorry i was pretty occupied with work.

From the look of the error it looks like you need to install microsoft visual c++

Idk it worked for me from the beginning, I think I had it installed tho.

No problem man, by the way, any site or link you would recommend me to download MC C++?

• Man your link of pack editor its just perfect, because the unpacker is VERY broken, it corrupted a lot of textures, and this one did not did that and its better in everything

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!