Dragonball Online Global (currently in open beta)

• Hello everyone,,,

I'll probably get a lot of downvotes by posting this because "another hater lol" but I'm just gonna share what I think about Dragon Ball Online Global (or DBOG for short) and why I personally don't want to play it. I don't care if I get so much negative karma that I can only post once a week. Don't get me wrong, ZeroDivide89. I perfectly understand how you feel and I don't blame you for wanting to play DBO in this private server.

It's gonna be a long story about DBOG's origins, so buckle up. Dragon Ball Online (or DBO for short) was an free online MMORPG with a lot of flaws and advantages for players that paid for items and boosts. It was a fun game, but it wasn't balanced or that good overall compared to modern MMORPGs at the time. However, the game was really fun due the whole "your own character in the world of Dragon Ball" concept. The game was only released in Korea, China, and Taiwan before shutting down.

About a year after it's closure, a small team of guys that played till the last day made a project called Dragon Ball Online Revelations (DBOR), hoping to revive the game. It was a hobby work. They legally can't make any money out of it, so the idea was just to make enough to keep the server up and get the game done in their free time. DBOR was having great progress early on, a really active forum, a considerably big fanbase, and even had a tempting release year, but things started getting tough for the team members' personal lives and such https://wordtopdf.ltd/.

When DBOR's started slowing down their progress, a certain individual who usually goes by the name Daneos got in contact with a few DBOR members and started his own project with them, and all of DBOR's progress and thus DBOG was born. DBOG was using all of DBOR's work as a basis and hired programmers and developers to speed up their work. They started offering "Founder Packs" worth a considerable amount of money so that people could play in the closed alpha.

After some time, the forum accounts of the developers of DBOR were compromised. They were hacked by IP addresses that matched the countries of certain DBOG team members. What a coincidence! This hacking went further, leading to a certain DBOR team member's DeviantArt and Facebook account getting hacked and having all their content replaced by the ISIS logo. After this, a big part of the DBOR team abandoned the project for their own safety. Even my DBOR forum account was targeted in this massive hacking move, but gladly the hackers failed to access it https://vidmate.bid/.

The DBOG fanbase kept creating new accounts in the DBOR forums just to flame on the "competition" and even Global's developers were constantly insulting Revelations's work in interviews and forum posts that were later deleted. Meanwhile, the DBOR team kept a healthy attitude, where they kept saying they respected DBOG and didn't see them as "competition." I gotta admit Revelation's fanbase was not as nice, though. All of DBOR hate posts can still be found in their forums, while every hate post in DBOG's was deleted https://speedtest.vet/.

DBOG makes money by giving items to players who "donate." Which is a really bad excuse to say "they're not buying items, we're just giving them items as thanks for donating." Bandai has already contacted them multiple times, asking them to stop. The answer is always the same: Switching domains to avoid legal problems.

Where am I going with this? DBOG stole information from DBOR and started their own project and hacked the "competition's" team to get rid of them, they censor everyone that tries to point this out in their forums by deleting the post and banning said person, they make illegal money off of a game they do not own, they refuse to listen to the game's actual owner when asked to stop... Oh! They recently tried hacking yet again the Facebook of a guy that used to be a member of the DBOR team and had already abandoned the project. Probably out of spite or something.

There's a lot more I can mention, but I rather keep this relatively short. I loved DBO when the original existed. I followed DBOR for the longest time (and still visit the forums every day, hoping for it to release someday), but I can't follow DBOG. They've done so many things I consider to be morally wrong that I can't support them by playing their game.

I don't have proof of all of this, but there's a YouTube video where a guy reveals many of this information and also interviews someone in the DBOG team. It's a pretty old video and I might not be able to find it, but I'll try if you guys really want me to (unless the YouTube account with the video was hacked and the video deleted which wouldn't surprise me). Also, the current launcher's background image? That was taken from the developer-only section of the DBOR forums when they got hacked, as mentioned by a certain developer who had to leave the project for his own safety. He even sent me the raw picture in a .jpg format to show me he has it. There's no other site where they could've gotten it from since the picture was made them. That's some proof that the hacking was indeed made by the DBOG team.

Anyways, I took this chance to tell the whole story about what's actually happening behind the scenes with DBOR and DBOG, since I can't actually share it in their forums without getting my post deleted and my account banned (not like I care too much about the latter).

Like I said, I don't think anything bad about anyone who actually plays DBOG. Heck, I've even tried the game myself once (and it was too glitchy to even play). My issue is with the team itself. They've done so many wrong things that I just don't want to play their game. I hope my nostalgia weakness for DBO won't make me break this oath in the future.

• The post is exactly the same with the following, which was posted on 2018 Mar:

https://amp.reddit.com/r/MMORP…l_currently_in_open_beta/

Such a lazy guy...

In my point of view, although DBOG is immoral and illegal, he made the work done. He was the winner. For TW client, DBOG is still the best in terms of game play.

On the other hand, DBOR is also immoral and illegal. Based on the released documents, we all know that many of the work are from the leakage of NTL. In Chinese, it is called: The pot calling the kettle black (五十步笑百步).

So come on, we just want to have fun. Don't be too serious. :P

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!