About the new budokai schedule

• I make the comparison table with some different major global time zones.

For most players, 20:00~24:00 is the best game time. So I specially mark this time slot in each time zone.

(note: a full budokai including registration takes about 2.5 hours.)

There are some problems in the current schedule. Some types of budokai are missing certain time slot.

Compare the 20~24 o'clock of each time zone:

There is no kid solo budokai in the Far East and America west coast.(UTC+8, UTC-8)

There is no kid party budokai in central Europe.(UTC+1)

There is no adult party budokai in America east coast and Australia.(UTC-5,UTC+10)

The only good is that every time zones all have at least one adult solo budokai.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I rearranged a new schedule. I put each type of budokai at 02am, 06am, 10am, 02pm, 06pm, 10pm, and the order is staggered and not repeated. Every kind of same budokai has enough interval time.

In the new schedule, all players in any time zones around the world will have the opportunity to participate in each kind of budokai between 20:00~24:00.

This will be better than the current schedule and more convenient for global players.

• The old DBOG DB Hunt schedule is actually perfect. All players can choose according to their time zone.

We don't need so many scramble so I just put 3 in the table. (You can put 6 if you like, but 10 is too much.) Maintain a fixed interval for each scramble to match different time zones.

I think voting sometimes does not lead to the best decision.

People always choose what is good for them. They don't care about the game future. The previous DBOG wipe voting is a practical example.

Some important decisions must be made by yourself. You judge what is good for the game.

• I'll look at tweaking it again, but it's not going to be seamless to find something that works for everyone. In the future I'm looking at potentially going to region based servers that will help some of these problems, but that's a ways off, and only if we get big enough.

• No problem! I really like the idea of going region based. It's more work up front, and more work to patch, and costs more, but it's a better experience for you guys. That said, right now I can't justify splitting up the playerbase though. Later when we have a few thousand users on at a time, it'll be a bit different.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!