[EN] Patch Notes - 2020-09-28 - Even More W10 Freeze Updates/New Token System/New DB Hunt!

• patch_notes.png

Hey everyone! I'm back with a quick update on where we are with the w10 freezes, and a few changes/bug fixes! The updated launcher is working well enough for us to test the w10 freeze changes. The testers are reporting 60-80% performance increases, but I still have more work to do before I'm ready to release it to you! I will update you again soon.

Updates.png

- The token system no longer generates passive tokens every 15 minutes! Instead, you will gain 1 token per monster kill, if the monster is within 5 levels of you.

• This is the start of many changes we'll be making, in preparation for the wipe. Soon the rewards in the token shop will begin to change, and we'll be rotating them monthly, or more often.

- Dragon Ball Hunt is now active 24/7!

• Well, it's active for 23 hours and 50 minutes a day. In the old system, monsters (within 5 levels of you, on the overworld) had a 20% chance to respawn with a Dragon Ball icon, and then a 4-16% chance to drop a Dragon Ball. I won't post all the math, but this came out to around a 2% drop rate for Dragon Balls.
    • In the new system, monsters have a 1% chance to get the Dragon Ball icon. Once monsters get the icon, they will always drop a Dragon Ball. This will result in about the same amount of Dragon Balls dropping overall, but the Dragon Balls will be peppered throughout the overworld as players farm and quest normally. It also feels better for the player, and makes more sense, because now when you see the Dragon Ball icon, you know you'll get a Dragon Ball drop.

- GM buff duration increased to 20 minutes!

• I've increased the duration of the buffs we can put on you to 20 minutes, to allow more time to farm/complete dungeons.

- Some RNG removed from adding attributes to chest/gloves!

• If you sacrifice an item to add props to your chest/gloves, you're now guaranteed to get the attribute you picked. If you don't sacrifice an item, you get a random attribute. This will cut down on the amount of items you need to sacrifice to get the attribute you want. It's not a huge change overall to how attributes work, but I was working in some nearby code, and I hate RNG, so I changed it.

bug_fixes.png

-Fixed a bug where some dogis could be boxed

As always, thanks for playing and supporting us everyone! Hopefully these changes will help keep the game fresh as we continue to work on the w10 freezes and other projects/content that we'll be revealing soon. Have fun and continue to enjoy DBOG!

• Both, sort of. The idea was for mobs with dragon balls to seemingly appear from time to time, via being killed by players as they move through the world questing/farming normally. Currently the mob has to be killed by a player within 5 levels of it to respawn with a ball, but I'm tinkering with that.

• Yes! So under the old system, it worked like this:

• 4 hour hunt
    • 20% chance to get dragon ball icon
    • 4-16% chance to get dragon ball (after icon is already on mob)

That comes out to a less than 2% chance to get a dragon ball, on average. Here's how the new system works:

• 24 hour hunt
    • 1% chance to get dragon ball icon
    • 100% chance to get dragon ball (after icon is already on mob)

The numbers of dragon balls dropped are very similar, but now it's available 24/7, and when you get the icon, you always get a dragon ball. Does that make sense?

• 4 hour hunt

That comes out to a less than 2% chance to get a dragon ball, on average. Here's how the new system works:

• 24 hour hunt

The numbers of dragon balls dropped are very similar, but now it's available 24/7, and when you get the icon, you always get a dragon ball. Does that make sense?

Yes, it makes sense. This system is definitely going to be better since no matter your time zone or your playing schedule, you'll be able to collect the dragonballs. Thank you so much for the changes.

• 4 hour hunt

• 24 hour hunt

This is much better than the old system.

Thanks Verdant

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!