[EN] Patch Notes - 2020-10-05 - W10 Freeze Test #2/Bug Fixes!

• patch_notes.png

Hey everyone,

I'm back with a status update! The newest w10 freeze test is here, I'll add a guide below. I've also moved the mail server, which has solved our outlook and hotmail delivery problem. You still might see mail going to the spam folder, that's to be expected with a new mail server. Unless something else has gone wrong, that problem should resolve itself.

Updates.png

The newer w10 freeze test is here! We're sacrificing a bit of visual quality in the font for performance, but so far the testers have reported 60-90% improvement in w10 freezes. Please follow this guide!

Take this font and put it in 3 places:

1. http://www.mediafire.com/file/…3i2y3sjn/unifont.ttf/file
    • C:\windows\fonts
    • dbog\fonts
    • dbog\localize\taiwan\fonts

Then, take these 2 files, and put them in 2 places:

1. http://www.mediafire.com/file/196l6dgu3ggpxts/gui.pak/file
    2. http://www.mediafire.com/file/u1dqc9m8x0f3e4r/gui0.pak/file
    • dbog\pack
    • dbog\localize\taiwan\pack

Also, take this file, and unpack it in the dbog folder, and overwrite the old DBOG.exe and DBOGLauncher.exe.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/…all_Online_Global.7z/file

bug_fixes.png

• Fixed a bug where htb skills could be used by the wrong class
    • Fixed a bug where htb skills could be used with the wrong subweapon
    • Fixed a bug where gender changes could sometimes crash the client

Hopefully these w10 tests will do as well for you as they have with the other testers so far! If all goes well, we can vote to see if you're all satisfied with the freeze changes. Thank you for all your support and donations, and for helping each other out so much in game! We'll have new announcements for Halloween, the founder's packs, the wipe, and other new changes coming soon!

• Trying the proposed solution, game will not launch now, it stays on a white screen and I have to end it with task manager. Will try reinstalling and re-trying the steps and report back

Okay. Sounds like you have an older download of the game. Come to the dbog discord and poke a team member if you can't get in. You can also send us a ticket.

• Okay. Sounds like you have an older download of the game. Come to the dbog discord and poke a team member if you can't get in. You can also send us a ticket.

Sorry I already posted again in general discussion, I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post. I'll certainly hop on the discord, thank you

• For me the changes were noticable instantly. I get way less freezes and even the freeze itself take less time. Thank you for this solution, hope you guys can solve this problem perfectly in the future. :thumbup:

• For me the changes were noticable instantly. I get way less freezes and even the freeze itself take less time. Thank you for this solution, hope you guys can solve this problem perfectly in the future. :thumbup:

Awesome. We should have test #3 next week, which has a mildly better looking font, and seems to perform a little better. Downside is you have to install a language pack from microsoft. I know it'll be gone once we go to 2.0, but I'm just trying to get the freezes to decently acceptable levels before then. On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being no change, and 10 being perfect, what level of change are you seeing here?

• Awesome. We should have test #3 next week, which has a mildly better looking font, and seems to perform a little better. Downside is you have to install a language pack from microsoft. I know it'll be gone once we go to 2.0, but I'm just trying to get the freezes to decently acceptable levels before then. On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being no change, and 10 being perfect, what level of change are you seeing here?

I'd say 6. The problem is still there, but I can finally enjoy the game and the freeze is not that frustrating compared to what is was.

• Thank you all the time for your contribution.

It differs from the previous version, so I ask a question.

1. After the update, the font is too large and displays "...".

2. Launcher does not automatically close after running the game.

Have a nice day~

• Hey tjkim,

The font is actually what's removing a lot of the w10 freezes! We're testing another one on Monday that's eliminated most of the freezes for players. They're not the greatest looking fonts, but we're going to have to choose performance over aesthetics for now. As for point 2, that was by design. I can bring back the auto close if you guys want.

• Hey tjkim,

I did clean out the old links, but I can send you the files! PM me at Verdant#4492 on discord and I'll get you what you need if you want to go back to #2. When I finish the new patcher, there will likely be a checkbox for if you want to try #2 or #3.

• Newly created posts will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!