Best Overall Guide For New And Old Players: How To Get Started In PvP With No Experience!

• today i'm making a complete Dark Warrior guide, which will explain you everything you need to know about them, the counters, the utilities, the pros and cons, different spell builds, gears and such.

1 - Pros and Cons.

Pros.

- Can't die if well geared.

- Best tank in the game^

- Can beat few classes only with reflect.

- 2nd Best farmer in the game. (Yes, you won't need to sit to regain LP, + have Biggest AoE spell in the game with good damages)

- Can duo some hard dungeons / Tmq with a Dende Priest.

- Great in everything, PvP PvE Dojo Scramble & Budokai.

- They look cooler than Shadow Knights cause no axe.

- They lay eggs !!

Cons.

- The most unbalanced class of the game. (nerfed patch after patch)

- A bit low damage output

- People will laugh at you

- The 2 hellzone grenade spells animations make them a 3seconds cast time spell.

- They lay eggs.

2 - Defensive.

Dark Warrior is the tankiest class in the game, their base LP is the highest, and their multiple buffs ( specially Dragon's Protection 1788 both E and P DEF if maxed), will make you become Indestructible in PvE, and even in teamfights if you have a good Dende Priest in your team.

Also, their Passive spells will give you permanent tankiness, even more than the Shadow Knights !

Dragon's Champion - (Grants 2922 Life Points, and 989 Physical Defense) This one is the opposite of Shadow Knight's master class passive, while them gives Energy Defense + EP, this one will give you Physical Defense, and LP.

Rising Spirit - Maxed will give 24Constitution, = 2400LP for Dark Warriors.

EP Boost - really ? well, it's a little useful because you're the hungriest EP character, but the auto potions and potions/senzus, plus foods and even team help make this passive useless.

Great Defense - this one is pretty tricky, if aiming for a PvE build, or full offensive build, you will probably have spare points so max it to get a bonus ~ 48 e atk, which on a 400% spell, is a nice addition to final dmgs.

Ok so now, you're probably thinking " is that guy the DW just have 1000lp more than SK" well you're right, but it's only about their passives, now let's see their first buff.

Talon Defense - this one, will give you 685 Physical and Energy Defense.

(A pretty much + and -) Dragon's Protection - At lvl 3 it'll cost you 4000LP, but will give to you and all characters around a bonus of 1788 Physical and Energy Defense.

So yeah, pretty interesting if you know some huge nuke is coming.

Now let's say you're lvl max, with all def buffs & passives, it'll grant you a total of 2759 Energy Defense and 3908 Physical Defense, with no gears on.

3 - Offensive.

So as i said before, a Dark Warrior will mostly have his tanky spells increased, but you will be able to have a reasonable amount of offensive spells aswell.

Here are the most important offensive Dark Warrior spells.

(Notice that i won't talk about Whirlwind, Cyclone, Sharp Slice and Dragon's Pledge because they must Not be increased).

Dragon Strike - This is the best single target damaging spell, its base damage are very high and the RP power up makes it a huge threat, the only problem is that it is a physical attack, which means that you will have to find mixed 1220speed gloves, and will not be able to make a proper crit build that will enhance this spell, as your main source of damages are energy based, thus having to build energy crit, but you still can go ahead and build physical crit dmg just to have some fun with this spell, i know i'm gonna do it :D.

Demon Wave - This one is just a 4fun spell, but no real dmgs output, leave it lvl 1. <- this was from old DBO, after testing here, well... i kinda discovered that the RP damage bonus actually increases the burn damages, making it a - 795 burn spell, which is actually kind of OP, but it requires a RP ball in order to be effective.

Hellzone Grenade - This is for some people the strongest DW spell, but it's not, although the base damages are pretty good and since it's based on success rate since it is a debuff, it will be really useful against classes like fighters & swordman, and hell we know that it's gonna be needed, anyway, i would recommend leaving it lvl 1 because the dmg increase it only about 10% per lvls, which is not worth it IMO, so don't max it.

Now everyone bow down, and hail the almighty, BEST Dark Warrior's spell :

Energy Siege - This one is the strongest spell for a Dark Warrior, so you will obviously have to max it, it's 25x25 AoE makes it attack every single person in korin's plat, or let's say in 5vs5 tournament/rank battle and become even more deadly if you are E crit based and land a successful critical hit.

So, max stats = 605 e atk, 276% e atk, sadly, unlike it's alternative it is NOT based on success rate, so make sure you have a good amount of hit rate while facing people that might be able to dodge it.

Confusion - Max it, it is your only way to beat SKs and Turtle hermits/Karma Majins while in tournament, now let me explain why; first of all, you all already know that when you're getting hit, you charge some RP, well the RP + duration on this spell will make it last IIRC 5seconds, even if your opponent has immunity to Confusion, and now maybe some of you don't know about it but, if you are confused you CAN'T use any sort of potions, so you will + - lose the draw in a tournament if you get confused right at the end, but then it will most likely never happen against a turtle hermit, considering it's Divine, he'll never miss the last second sleep/KD, but against hard counters like Karma Majins, you can just HTB them like 10second before the end, and spam Confusion + RP so it'll cast as soon as they get up, and boom round won.

Dragon's Punishment - Max it.

This is what makes you the best tank in the game, this is what makes you invincible, this is what makes RAINNING SWAG OVER YOU.

One trick with this spell, get 18-19 cd earrings x2 and use RP-cooldown, you'll then be able to abuse it, then if you're rich you can get x2 25-26 cd earrings, which will make it even more spammable, but be careful, it's EP cost is INSANELY high.

Dragon's LAW!!! - Classic thing right here, this is a HTB2, and these are known to have the ability to just 100-0 people, i never tried this one but i wouldn't underestimate it if i was you.

Now that we're finished with DW spells, you may have noticed that we didn't used that much SP right? well we're getting here.

The main point about DWs being so strong in teamfight is first of all the possibility to give a 1788 AoE buff to your team, aswell as huge AoE dmgs like Energy Siege & Dragon's Punishement, but it is also because of Namek Warrior spells.

Charged Masenko - Maxed, it becomes a huge threat, despite having a 2 second cast time(which is anyway still faster than Energy Siege and Hellzone Grenade) it can Knock Down and it's dmgs are pretty good, 410 e atk & 290% e atk, increased by 50% from behind, =/= 615 e atk & 435% e atk; so from MY own vue of a DW, if you want damages, you will have to max this one, aswell as the following one.

Makkankosappo (SBC) - Remember when i said Energy Siege is the strongest DW spell? i lied.

This one has a 3 second cast time, but can also KD, and has a base dmg of 795 e atk & 432% e atk, so it is a huge threat while fighting, but you will have to time it perfectly just so your opponent doesn't cancel the cast, or it'll be a big loss of dmg for you.

4 - Builds.

Here i will post a lot of builds, but i will not explain them, otherwise it would be too easy.

In the builds that has Kaioken at lvl 1, you can take off 2 points elsewhere in order to max it.

tip : Makankosappo cooldown reduction RP decreases the cooldown by 10 seconds, meaning you can spam it in between spells ;).

• PART 2

5 - Gears.

Well first of all, as you may all know you'll have to start with (if you can cash, then it's gonna be eaaasy, if you can't, then try to buy cheap stuff and resell in order to get money, then find someone who can sell you dogi balls, these are important) getting Craft gears with atleast 18CON on each part, then both weapons with 23~24%atk speed depending on how much % speed you have on your hat, if you can't find any dogi balls, then you're fucked, because 26% weapons worth around 600kk sadly, while 24% are around 130kk.

THEN, like everyone you should already have a ring 15CON from gift box, aswell as a +15 ticket, well that's simple, if you have armor ticket, don't use it yet, save it from when you'll be geared enough to do 5vs5 tournaments or 1vs1, if you got weapon ticket then you'll have to use it right after you get your speed gloves AND a party that will spam kraken/cell for the next 7 days.

now, if you are still a newcomer and have no money, then you should just ask your friends if they have some cheap gears like +10 CON crafted gears, and just spam TMQ1 hard and hope for nice drops, you can also try upgrade lvl 22 gloves with Token stones, and also spam TMQ 6-7 to get a bit of money, but trust me, if you can cash shop, just do it, the game is just too easy for cashers, you'll even receive free stuff on web depot, but if you can't cash like me, you'll have to find a way to get money, mine is to resell things i find cheap on the AH, like one day, i bought a rare dogi for 30kk and resold it within an hour for 230kk, which is easyli a 24%speed glove + a top/pant/boot 18CON craft.

so now that you gathered all these gears, time to spam the LFP chat, don't just say "tank LFP bid4, cell", say :"DARK WARRIOR SWAGGER WITH OVER 8K M DEF LFP KRAKEN/CELL I CANT DIE AT ALL AND IVE 52~56%SPEED", ask your friends aswell, and your guildmates if you have one, but if you can't find any party, just make your own.

Now let's say after 7 straight days of 10 hours of kraken/cell spam, you should have managed to get ATLEAST a kraken CON ring & physical dmg reflect SET, as well as over 400kk, not including the possible resell and some other ways to get money; now in the best scenario possible you'd have already x2 cell ring 20CON/ kraken CON set, kraken FOC set, and over 500kk.

With that money you gathered, including the fact that you had +15 gloves 7 days aswell as +10 top/pant/boots 7days from tickets, you will now be able to sell your actual gears and buy ones that got around 23~25CON depending on how much z you have, then re-ticket this all, and try to find a +15 weapon ticket for your gloves.

keep doing that, over and over, until you finally have all your kraken ring sets, aswell as x2 Cell-X CON rings, and ofc, a legendary necklace (that you will later box to get 230~260 success rate.

now that you managed to get to this point, you will probably have gathered more than a billion of zenys, again not including the possible resell and other ways to have zenys.

you will now be able to get 32~34FOC BALANCED gloves with more E att than M att, something like 248m-260e, now get claws with 31~33% energy crit, and crafted top and pant with over 25FOC, aswell as 17~19 BID4 earrings< you should get these really quick, if possible even before you start spamming kraken/cell(these are really cheap since not tradable, but will be a waste of money when you'll get better ones), and try to get the mighty 39%anticrit lvl 70 jacket M def first, because of all the fighters in the game, aswell as an anticrit pair of gloves.

now just keep spamming dungeons until you have all these gears :

Necklace = 61%+ anti-bleed, 61%+ anti-confusion, 230+ sucess rate, 120+ resistance rate, 9%+ defense property(of your armor), 9%+ attack property(of your gloves/claws).

Earrings = 24+ cooldown reduction x2, anti-bleed/anti paralisy 21%+ x1, anti-paralisy/anti-fear 21%+ x2, 12+ property attacl/defense, anti-bleed 20%/60resistance rate x2.

Rings = Kraken energy reflect 15% x2, Kraken physical reflect 13 x2, Kraken FOC/energy AND physical reflect set, Kraken CON/energy AND physical reflect set, Cell-X 20CON/54resistance rate x2, and for the luls 8cooldown reduction x2.

Top M.def(882) = 39%anti-crit; Top M.def(1040) = 27~28CON, 27~28FOC, 20~21%LP.

Top E.def(882) = 39%anti-crit; Top E.def(1040) = 27~28CON, 27~28FOC, 20~21%LP.

Top Craft = 27~28CON, 27~28FOC, 20~21%LP.

Pant M.def(1040) = 27~28CON, 27~28FOC, 20~21%LP.

Pant E.def(1040) = 27~28CON, 27~28FOC, 20~21%LP.

Pant Craft = 27~28CON, 27~28FOC, 20~21%LP.

Boots M.def(961) = 27~28CON, 20~21%movement speed, 11~13 physical reflect.

Boots E.def(961) = 27~28CON, 20~21%movement speed, 14~16 energy reflect.

Boots Craft = 27~28CON, 20~21%movement speed, 14~16 energy reflect, 11~13 physical reflect.

Gloves M.att(245) = 26%attack speed.

Gloves E.att(260) = 33~34FOC, 13energy critical rate, 32~33%energy critical damage.

Gloves Budokai = 10%anti-crit.

Claws(bacterian, basics, craft, budokai all has the same atk, bacterian being the strongest & coolest by ~1%) = 26%attack speed, 13energy critical rate, 32~33%energy critical damage, 250~260hit rate.

Titles = 5%anti-crit.

So, first of all, if you ever manage to get all this stuff, then i'd like to give you a big congratulation, then, now you're finally ready to do CC150 without problems, and 1vs1, 5vs5 budokai, and you will most likely get an aura with ease, if you're playing your DW good enough~

What's left? well, the first thing would be to get that CC150 Aura 15%anti-crit, 10property, 1400LP,

then you will finally be rich and known enough to buy lot of dogi balls from somehow, or just by yourself if again you can cash shop, then you will need all these effects ->

Dogi = 6~7%LP, 9~10CON, 30-50 resistance rate, 6~7%movement speed. (I recommend 7%LP)

Headgear = 5~7%attack speed, 9~10SOL,14~17physical attack. (I recommend 10SOL)

Halo = 8~10DEX, 50~80hit rate, 3energy crit rate. (I recommend 80hit rate)

Glasses = 6~9cooldown reduction, 8~10FOC, 60~80success rate(I recommend 10FOC).

Wings = 9~10%energy critical damage, 15~18energy attack. (I recommend 10%energy critical damage)

If you get everything i wrote before, you are now Full Geared, which means that your only objectives left are first of all, getting the 20FOC/15RPcharge/3%movement speed CC150aura, and then these 1st title of both solo and party budokai.

• PART 3

6 - Matchups.

Karma Majin : use Giant Namek when they spell lock you near the end, just so it will remove the debuff, and then you will be able to do this combo = grab, Confusion RP+duration right at the end, which will make the Karma Majin unable to use any potions, and then you'll just have to use your senzu at 1second before the round ends, here, 1 round won, now what if it's a best of 5 match? then do the same thing, but at the end of Spell lock, which will make the karma getting KD, and will let you enough time to perform a combo, but then again, your most important job is to just wear all the energy reflect possible and just tank his low damages output and be able to senzu right at the end, which should be easy, as you're the best tank of the game, and that you have 3 ways to "counter" Karmas.

Shadow Knight : you will not die, at all, just wear craft gears and your bigger defense combined with your life steal will just make you invincible, and on top of that, you pretty much "counter" them when it's going to a draw, because yes, you have your Confusion+RPduration which will make them unable to pot/senzu at the end, but you will be able to, so you have no way to lose, beside getting Ring Out, or totally outplayed~.

Fighter : this one is IMO the 3rd hardest, just behind Crane Hermit(2nd) and Turtle Hermit(1st), you WILL have to wear 15%anti-crit title, 10%anti-crit gloves, and 39%anti-crit jacket to have the highest chance of blocking their crits, now because you have an insane base m.def, you shall be able to tank a lucky crit with ease, and as you're wearing a bit of physical reflect, they'll most likely kill themselves as you'll heal up from their damages, now against the "tactical start" i call it like that, it's to just dash>headbutt>RPcharge buff then charge an half of RP bar>kidney shot> charge the full bar, then KD-HTB2 there is high chances that you will either : get Ring Out if you didn't do the start dash (which is retarded), or he gets a crit on the strongest part of the HTB2 and you'll get killed; but remember, this one can only be used once, it's a surprise start, which can destabilize you, but don't fall for it, it was just a lucky shot, all the others rounds shall be won, the easiest being thunder, he will just die by his own attacks, in fact, you will lose less LP than he does, without attacking.

Swordman : a bit like fighters, but still easyer, tho be careful with the KD spam, if he's a good SM, he'll make you unable to fight at all during the entire round, so put on these resistance dogi-rings-necklace just so you can block one of his stun and destroy him.

Dark Warrior : this one is all about who gets the last second confusion.

Ultimate Majin : hahaha, if he's good and has spin, he'll use it at the end to block your confusion, but then he'll have a small "cooldown" and you'll be able to KD him or just dash away and throw a 35M spell, which will make you win the round, probably.

Grand Chef Majin : same than ultimates, tho you have the power to Kill them.

Crane Hermits : now this one becomes really hard, as a Crane Hermit i am aware of their power, and the only time i met a DW in ranked (lvl 54 tho) i just crushed him with ease, it's just basic, he'll slow,snare you, sleep over and over, and probably one shot you if he uses the most OP combo possible -> Sleep > -33%LP > Searing Crane RP+Power > Master Fan-Out KD > Solid Bleed > Freeze > Thousand Slashes; now, ladies and gentlemens, this combo will do, 6000 def or not, over 60k damages hands down, which will One Hit anybody, even worse, imagine if he crits.

So it's pretty hard, because you can wear resistance, he still as the highest success rate of all classes, you can go full tank he'll still be able to one hit you or just sleep & KD you at the end, so your best chances would be to get a grab or something just to make yourself able to use a combo, or just wear full resistance rate + of course over 90%anti-bleed (so resistance necklace, dogi, earrings with anti-bleed, and anti-bleed rings) and just spam Guard whenever you can, and just pray to block the last sleep just so you can combo him or even HTB then confusion at the last seconds, but again if you can't, just use giant namek to win atleast 1 round, usually the 1st one being the most important, but just so you will be aware, if you ever have to fight a Turtle or a Crane in a tournament, be ready to use every single spells you have to get the victory, but if you sadly have to face a Karma + a Turtle / Crane, then consider yourself unlucky and do your best to somehow overcome this, but trust me, it is just like being Crane Hermit and only facing Karma Majins, you just have no way to win.

Turtle Hermit : this is the hardest ever, you will just lose no matter what, well actually no, there is a way to win this matchup, but you are not as deadly as a SK, so your best bet would be to face him in a Best of 3 match and get the 1st round with Giant Namek at the end of the round (to stop Sleep, then confusion and senzu at last second); but after that, you don't really have any ways to beat him, so just hope that this will never happen, the Turtle book being so OP giving full RP make Turtle Hermits just invincible (on paper) against everything that isn't Fighter/Karma, but let's still try to get the victory, so it's simple, if he crits, there's HIGH chances that you will get one shot'd, BUT since they all wear cooldown earrings, you will be able to tank with that +49property, aswell as your crazy high LP & defense, (tho be sure that if you somehow get atleast +12 860 e.def top, 1040 e.def pant and 940 e.def boots, you will not die at all), so just do your best to survive, and try to stop his last second sleep and confuse him or if you can't do so then just senzu at the last second, this is only Luck based matchup.

Grand Chef Majin : same than ultimates, tho you have the power to Kill them.

Crane Hermits : now this one becomes really hard, as a Crane Hermit i am aware of their power, and the only time i met a DW in ranked (lvl 54 tho) i just crushed him with ease, it's just basic, he'll slow,snare you, sleep over and over, and probably one shot you if he uses the most OP combo possible -> Sleep > -33%LP > Searing Crane RP+Power > Master Fan-Out KD > Solid Bleed > Freeze > Thousand Slashes; now, ladies and gentlemens, this combo will do, 6000 def or not, over 60k damages hands down, which will One Hit anybody, even worse, imagine if he crits.

So it's pretty hard, because you can wear resistance, he still as the highest success rate of all classes, you can go full tank he'll still be able to one hit you or just sleep & KD you at the end, so your best chances would be to get a grab or something just to make yourself able to use a combo, or just wear full resistance rate + of course over 90%anti-bleed (so resistance necklace, dogi, earrings with anti-bleed, and anti-bleed rings) and just spam Guard whenever you can, and just pray to block the last sleep just so you can combo him or even HTB then confusion at the last seconds, but again if you can't, just use giant namek to win atleast 1 round, usually the 1st one being the most important, but just so you will be aware, if you ever have to fight a Turtle or a Crane in a tournament, be ready to use every single spells you have to get the victory, but if you sadly have to face a Karma + a Turtle / Crane, then consider yourself unlucky and do your best to somehow overcome this, but trust me, it is just like being Crane Hermit and only facing Karma Majins, you just have no way to win.

Turtle Hermit : this is the hardest ever, you will just lose no matter what, well actually no, there is a way to win this matchup, but you are not as deadly as a SK, so your best bet would be to face him in a Best of 3 match and get the 1st round with Giant Namek at the end of the round (to stop Sleep, then confusion and senzu at last second); but after that, you don't really have any ways to beat him, so just hope that this will never happen, the Turtle book being so OP giving full RP make Turtle Hermits just invincible (on paper) against everything that isn't Fighter/Karma, but let's still try to get the victory, so it's simple, if he crits, there's HIGH chances that you will get one shot'd, BUT since they all wear cooldown earrings, you will be able to tank with that +49property, aswell as your crazy high LP & defense, (tho be sure that if you somehow get atleast +12 860 e.def top, 1040 e.def pant and 940 e.def boots, you will not die at all), so just do your best to survive, and try to stop his last second sleep and confuse him or if you can't do so then just senzu at the last second, this is only Luck based matchup.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!