[EN] Wipe FAQ

• Hey Everyone,

Winter 2018 is finally here and the wipe has arrived! The patch notes for the the wipe can be found at the following link. [EN] Patch Notes - 2020-12-13 - Wipe Patch! Please see the FAQ below for more information on the wipe and the future of DBOG!

Why is the wipe happening?

Several reasons led us to choose to wipe the game, and it wasn't an easy decision to come to. Initially I was opposed to the wipe, but the overwhelming player outcry for a wipe has changed my mind. The wipe is also the easiest way to get everyone on a level playing field for the new loot system outlined in the patch notes. The third reason is to wipe out a lot of botted/duped items, which is why we've worked so hard on new anti-speedhack and anti-bot systems, both of which we'll continue to improve upon in the future.

What's being wiped?

• Cash shop storage
    • Wagu coins/points
    • Auction house
    • Crafting recipes/levels
    • Skills
    • Items
    • Mail
    • Pets
    • Teleportation points
    • Quests
    • Titles
    • Warfog
    • Levels
    • Experience
    • Honor
    • Mudosa points
    • Tokens
    • Classes
    • Guild Zeni

What will players get in return?

All characters will start with 100k Zeni, and a level 2 Popo Gift. Characters below level 25 will gain a capsule with starter armor/weapons. Characters between level 25 and 29 will get a package containing all passives, flight, some armor/weapons, and a level up 25. Characters above level 30 will gain a level 30 version of the same package. All cash points that I can find logs for will be refunded. The value you receive will be calculated by adding the total value of every cash shop item tied to your account (other than items gifted to you) with the current unspent cash points you have.

Will characters be deleted?

No. You won't have to fight for your character names. The existing characters are being modified, not deleted.

Can the names of abandoned characters be released?

The current answer is no. It wouldn't be fair to the player if they returned from a break to find their characters renamed because someone else wanted their name.

Can some characters keep some items?

No. Part of the benefit of the wipe is that it allows us to control the rarity of some items, and it would be pointless if we kept items from the old systems.

What's the level cap?

We're starting with a level cap of 45. Each level cap will last 2-3 months.

Why level caps?

Level caps give us time to work on translation, bugs, and new content before players move onto the next area. They also help the game's economy by keeping the playerbase relatively close to each other so that there's more of a market for players to buy items useful to them.

Are there new founder's packs?

Yes! You can find the information for the rewards at this link. [EN] Founder's Packs Are Finished! If you want to donate for the new rewards, the deadline is December 19th at midnight. You can only donate to receive the tier 1-3 rewards. The legacy rewards on the bottom of the graphic are a retroactive gift for founders who donated during the Daneos era. If you're not already either a Krillin, Goku, or Super Saiyan founder, you can't get the rewards in the bottom row. If you need help donating, a guide can be found at this link. You'll need a level 10+ character on your account to donate, so be sure to use your level up 25/30 items before you try. https://dboglobal.to/donate

How do players get unbanned?

Everyone deserves a second chance. If you were banned by the old administration, please make a ticket at https://support.dboglobal.to and request that your accounts be unbanned. If you were banned by me or my team, you were given much more than a second chance, and your account will remain banned.

Is there anything players need to do?

Yes! Just one thing. Before the wipe, be sure to put items in the first 2 slots of your inventory, these will be replaced with the wipe items. If you don't do this, you will not automatically receive the items, and you could miss out on your rewards, and be at the mercy of my free time before I can get to you to create them for you.

Will there be a Christmas event?

Yes. What that event will be is still a bit of an unknown, as we've focused all our efforts on completing the wipe so far. This Christmas may not be as exciting or smooth as Halloween was, but we're definitely going to do something with the time we have before Christmas to make it fun for everyone.

What's next?

Distributing the founder rewards is next, as the deadline is on the 19th. After that, we're going to be working on translation and fixing a lot of tools that will help us bring you new content in the future. Moving to the open source client could also be a high priority, depending on what players vote for us to work on next. Anti-speedhack and anti-bot systems will continue to be improved, and the new token system will also be improved upon. There will also be new PvP and farming reward systems implemented over the coming months, as well as a few new systems I can't talk about yet. Changes to existing events and rewards are also on the horizon, as well as new events.

The DBOG team would like to thank our community from the bottom of our hearts. We're thankful for your patience, your passion, your support, and your donations. We wouldn't be able to do any of the cool things we've done for DBOG without all of you! We're also especially thankful for your memes, so please post all of the wipe memes below! We're looking forward to bringing you more fun changes to DBOG. See you in game everyone!

• Verdant

Changed the title of the thread from “Wipe FAQ” to “[EN] Wipe FAQ”.
  • The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!