New Upgrade System Sneak Peek!

• Hey Everyone,

I know you've all been in the dark about the new upgrade system, so here's a little sneak peek of how it will work!

unknown.png

Notes

• The Upgrade Kit levels will be u14, u28, u42, u56, and u70
    • As the level goes up, the Kit drop rate will become lower
    • Level 14 Kits will be the most common, and probably have a drop rate similar to Dragon Balls
    • Level 70 Kits will be the most rare, and probably have a drop rate similar to the current stone drop rate
    • There will no longer be higher drop rates based on mob rarity
    • For example, Supers will have the same drop rate as normal mobs
    • Stones will be removed from quest rewards, drops, and popo boxes
    • All stones in your inventory will be replaced with another reward
    • Stones are not gone forever, they will be reworked into another new item
    • The upgrade rate is still 100% success
    • The Upgrade Kits are tradable

Crafting Details

• Starting at u28, the Upgrade Kits can be crafted
    • Each kit requires 5 of the previous tier, 50 of each material, and a Zeni cost starting at 50,000
    • For example, a u28 Weapon Upgrade Kit requires 5 u14 Weapon Upgrade Kits, 50 of each special material 02, and 50,000 Zeni
    • Each recipe will drop from different enemies/bosses around the world, along with UD, TMQ, and BID bosses
    • You must be at least crafting level 9 to begin crafting, and you must be at least the level of the tier below to use the recipe
    • For example, to craft a u28 Weapon Upgrade Kit, you must be at least character level 14, and crafting level 9
    • The recipes are permanent

I'll hopefully have this in your hands just before or at the start of cap 55. We still have to do a bunch of testing, and change all the quest rewards, and a few other changes.

• MY HANDS ARE A LITTLE TIED ON STORAGE SIZE RIGHT NOW, BUT I HAVE MADE ALL THE BAGS AVAILABLE FOR FREE BY FARMING THEM FROM THE TOKEN SHOP. ONCE WE GO TO THE NEW CLIENT I WILL TRY TO IMPLEMENT A SEPARATE STORAGE FOR MATERIALS, THE WAY DIABLO 3 DOES IT. IT IS ALWAYS NICE TO TALK TO YOU ZOLTY.

• I'm really excited to finally see new content and a good path that we're going on this server now. Thank you for returning us to our beloved favorite MMORPG of all time DBO Master Verdant .. Postscript: I would like you to implement a new home screen where you can log in with another image or wallpaper, also to implement new loading screens since those that we have for a long time they are already of yesteryear version TW..

• You don't like the crafting part? That's the only way to keep lower stones common and higher stones rare though, I think.

Firstly i'm not sure anyone enjoys the crafting component of this upgrade system, at least those who've I've had a chance to discuss it with and secondly; on the topic of upgrading systems, for what player base are you speaking for? Cashers, farmers, casuals, hardcore?
    There's no need to upgrade lower equipment because there isn't enough demand for it -- besides there is no inherent value in doing so since most of low level content can be breezed through with +0 equipment. I understand the pool of players that participate in kid budokai may beg to differ, which in any case they can benefit from an easier system being implemented anyways.... at least if that is the intention. Watch sales and player count rise when +15 becomes the norm. I can guarantee it.

Upgrading lower tier equipment is fruitless and a pointless endeavour mainly because there isn't a diverse enough population any longer.

This crafting idea however, allows for accumulation and the expansion of value through the recycling of resources. I can subscribe to concepts like these being implemented.

But it's really just unnecessary and detrimental to a DBO server.
    I think.

• The entire question is about why people want the +15, I think. You also have to temper your expectations against pvp because the way things are, having +15 over someone who doesn't in pvp is a huge advantage. The idea was for kit drops to be fairly common, but also for higher level kits to be rarer. I feel we've achieved that. Most MMO's have some sort of long term grind like this, as well. All that said, we're not finished modifying the upgrade system, and we have other things planned for it to make it a little more straightforward.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!