New Upgrade System Feedback Thread

• Hey guys, can you leave your feedback for the new upgrade system here? I'll link a video with a quick tutorial on how it works.

Edit:

Also, here's a snippet from a discussion JDario and I were having on discord:

The good part about this new system is that there are a lot more moving parts to it than just drop rate + stone upgrade success rate

So we can look at things like reducing the zeni cost to upgrade

Reducing the amount of kits needed from 5 to 4

Reducing the amount of crafting materials needed

Increasing crafting material salvage rate, making crafting materials drop from farming

These are the kinds of things we'll look at, rather than just drop rate or upgrade success rate

• My opinion, Drop are hard, or my luck is a sht.
    i dont know how ppl have already 4 items 55 full +15 , and for me drop 1 56 kit in around 20 hours in 3 days.
    Bad luck? hacks? millonarie ppl?.
    i am a crying boy? maybe but something was wrong with that ppl.

PD: Verdad is a great Dev and project lider, i hope you can make more good things in the future.

• Hi Verdant, I already made a thread, so I will leave the link so the people can read it:

Higher Drop Rates in Kits - Suggestions - DBOG Forum (dboglobal.to)

I still think that the rates are so low, and the main reason is: Why do you want to people to do solo activities like farming kits instead of multiplayer activities like dungeons. If no one get benefits of people farming kits for hours and hours, why to make them so hard to get?

I've discussed that already in discord, and put my opinion in my thread. I hope that can help.

• personally I like it gives a sense of real progression and reward those players who actually put the work in in addition there's also tickets for the players who don't want to be progress as fast but still remain competitive

Ps. We need another stimulus package from the events 😂 the streets hurting out here

• I'm still investigating a few of these. The last 2 I saw cost the player over 350kk to do, so we will see how it goes. You are not a crying boy haha, I appreciate your feedback.

<3

• Hii this upgrade system seems more attractive than previous one and thanks for this work it feels good to see the upgrade system in new form even-though only its appearance and crafting option only changed looking forward to see some more creative events also <3<3<3

Thanks! I am looking forward to making some new events.

• Hey hola Verdant soy de España y me gusta como estas dejando el juego llevo años jugando dbo desde 2010 y la verdad estas haciendo buen trabajo lo que mas espero de todo es cuando se pueda pongas eventos eso me encanta para dogis etc asi creo que la economia del juego podria aumentar y nos veneficiariamos todos y los items que se puedan vender por que si no se pueden vender no vale de nada el evento un saludo crack y siempre contigo soy LEGENDARIOS UN GUSTO AMIGO PODER COMENTAR

• Por cierto Verdant cuantos mas objetos pongas en tokens mejor pk esos puntos te los tienes que ganar y cuanta mas variedad de todo haya mucho mejor seria bueno implementar nuevos dogis mas cosas si se puede otras makinas de wagu seria bueno pero trankilo amigo dale a tu ritmo este trabajo que haces para mi eres un dios yo fui de los que llore por fin de dbo es mi juego favorito y ahora cada dia farmeando mucho para cojer piedras u56

• Well I really like the new upgrade system, but I will agree with Chuya on that, you must have a fail chance after +10 or need more kits upgrade not 5 but I think like 10 will be okay! Also give just a bit higher chance to drop like +0,5 more! Keep going Verdant, you doing great job. And one last thing, you should create a kit for the lvl 60 and 65 gear, might a U66 kit <3

Also....

#VoteTasokuForEventManager xD

(Just kidding for the event manager)

• Imo u shoud make fail again but 100% succes until +10 and after it a fail chance or after 10 need like 2-5 kits to upgrade, then even if they buy stones they will not have 100% chance to get 15,just if u want make +15 rare ofc

?(

So take away the 100% success but keep the horrible drop rate. If he wanted to improve the upgrading system from how it was before he took over, this is a great way to do the exact opposite of that.

• Por cierto Verdant cuantos mas objetos pongas en tokens mejor pk esos puntos te los tienes que ganar y cuanta mas variedad de todo haya mucho mejor seria bueno implementar nuevos dogis mas cosas si se puede otras makinas de wagu seria bueno pero trankilo amigo dale a tu ritmo este trabajo que haces para mi eres un dios yo fui de los que llore por fin de dbo es mi juego favorito y ahora cada dia farmeando mucho para cojer piedras u56

Gracias por tus amables palabras amigo, ¡escucharé tus consejos! Intentaré trabajar duro para que el juego sea más divertido para todos.

• ?(

So take away the 100% success but keep the horrible drop rate. If he wanted to improve the upgrading system from how it was before he took over, this is a great way to do the exact opposite of that.

This is the thing that seriously devalues all the feedback we get, and makes it super hard to actually figure out what players want. We're sneaking up on 6 months since the team and I started, and every single day people have complained about the stone system.

• When the stone system was high drop rate + lots of RNG, people complained it was too hard
    • When the stone system was lower drop rate + no RNG, people complained that it was too hard
    • When people found workarounds with UD3, quests, and popo boxes, people complained it was too easy
    • When the UD3, quests, and popo box stones are handled, some claim it's too hard, and some claim it's too easy

You guys have cried wolf so much that I don't know if there's going to be a wolf or not, lol. Based on this thread so far, it seems most players like it. We'll do some polls and some analysis this weekend to see what people think as well. Keep the feedback coming though! This all helps inform our decisions going forward. I need to know how you guys feel so I can change the game to be the way you want!

<3

• This is the thing that seriously devalues all the feedback we get, and makes it super hard to actually figure out what players want. We're sneaking up on 6 months since the team and I started, and every single day people have complained about the stone system.

• When the stone system was high drop rate + lots of RNG, people complained it was too hard
    • When the stone system was lower drop rate + no RNG, people complained that it was too hard
    • When people found workarounds with UD3, quests, and popo boxes, people complained it was too easy
    • When the UD3, quests, and popo box stones are handled, some claim it's too hard, and some claim it's too easy

You guys have cried wolf so much that I don't know if there's going to be a wolf or not, lol. Based on this thread so far, it seems most players like it. We'll do some polls and some analysis this weekend to see what people think as well. Keep the feedback coming though! This all helps inform our decisions going forward. I need to know how you guys feel so I can change the game to be the way you want!

<3

I don't think that people that did complain about RNG were complaining about how easy was to get them.

I've seen 2 kind of players:

- Players that would like to get +15 as hard as possible, like Chuya, who expresed his opinion here

- Players that would prefer to get +15 and not to be grinding for hours and enjoy the content of the game

So whenever change you do, some people will agree and other won't

• This is the thing that seriously devalues all the feedback we get, and makes it super hard to actually figure out what players want. We're sneaking up on 6 months since the team and I started, and every single day people have complained about the stone system.

<3

I never said my opinion on your current system, I just said if Chuyas suggestion was implemented, that would be going in the opposite direction of where you should be going. Low drop rate + RNG? That's not good.

As far as the current sytem goes, I haven't played enough to give an honest opinion on it. I can just say that I farmed 6 hours straight in ud3 and only dropped 1 u56 kit. I would say that's pretty bad, but that could just be me having horrible luck that night.

• I think the new system is ok, u actually need to play to upgrade something, before u played 2-3 days and get +10 and stay there or downgrade It, tho i think a good idea could be put 2x drop rates some weekend for example, so that would encourage ppl to actually play/farm ingame

Need to upgrade Craft to upgrade kits,need zeni to do It and dismantle items/get materials to do It

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!