New Upgrade System Feedback Thread

• Once I pull the stats, I'll think about running the 2x upgrade kit drop event. Also, here's a snippet from a discussion JDario and I were having on discord:

The good part about this new system is that there are a lot more moving parts to it than just drop rate + stone upgrade success rate

So we can look at things like reducing the zeni cost to upgrade kits

Reducing the amount of kits needed from 5 to 4

Reducing the amount of crafting materials needed

Increasing crafting material salvage rate, making crafting materials drop from farming

These are the kinds of things we'll look at, rather than just drop rate or upgrade success rate

• I think that most of the things about crafting is good, but since the drop rate of the u56 is the half of u42, why do you need 5 kits instead of 2? That seems weird to me.

I hope you make good things for players <3

• I already expressed that dbo is a mmo game and it should be hard to upgrade but not with failure

I really like the kit system and I think it's already good enough "idk about 2x tho" but if ppl gonna complain about the ppl with +15 it's because they burned through a shit ton of zeni I know a guys who isn't still full 15 but he burned 400kk already

I think if we treat it like u get almost a +15 piece for 1 week of farm is quite okay "I know some would say it's hard or easy but ppl will always prefer the easy solution"

• I already expressed that dbo is a mmo game and it should be hard to upgrade but not with failure

I really like the kit system and I think it's already good enough "idk about 2x tho" but if ppl gonna complain about the ppl with +15 it's because they burned through a shit ton of zeni I know a guys who isn't still full 15 but he burned 400kk already

I think if we treat it like u get almost a +15 piece for 1 week of farm is quite okay "I know some would say it's hard or easy but ppl will always prefer the easy solution"

Why for being an MMO, should be hard to upgrade? If it is an MMO, Multiplayer Massive Online, people should be doing Multiplayer things to get better, like farming TMQ and Dungeons to get better gear, not farming solo for weeks. That is what I think

• in my opinion, the rates doesnt fit. i just started the game again, but i am getting the lvl up faster then i can upgrade my equipment and what really sucks without upgrade is, if there are more then two mobs, then i will fail for sure. So there is no option around it, then doing a mob group of max 2. the question is in that case, why do i need any aoe skills then, because the way to have some fun to clear some quests faster with aoe skills, is already killed with that.

• The drop rate feels fine so far for me. Only thing that bothers me is that you need 5 stones to craft 1. Basically anything except u42 is probably never going to be used for crafting.

"Strengh is the only thing that metters in this world. Everything else is just a delusion for the weak."

• Since I noticed that i can make more profit selling kits than using them for crafting higher ones i wanted to give u some feedback about it, some problem detection and potential solutions;
    There are two problems that are making crafting not worth it, one is the drop rate relationship between each kit, as u know the relationship is x2 between each kit now, so u28 have the half rate compared with u14.
    Can solve this problem by increasing the drop rate scale between kits (maybe something like x2.5) that will increase the offer of the lower kits, their prices will go down and people will use them for crafting instead of selling them.

u14 = 0.25%
    u28 = 0.125%
    u42 = 0.0625%
    u56 = 0.03125%

Can go to:

u14 = 0.48828125%
    u28 = 0.1953125%
    u42 = 0.078125%
    u56 = 0.03125%

Or u can change the requicites of craft, instead of 5 u14 for 1 u28 make it 4 u14 for example.

The second problem is the current price of the u14 kits in the npc, being 100k zeni people are already selling them to the npc instead of using them for crafting because the price of u28 auctionhouse is 350k, so it is not worth spending 5 u14 (500kk) on crafting something that worth 350kk.

Despite that, all the implementations in the patch are well thought and creative, the drop rate feels good now, the scramble is fun, the fact of having multiple options to make zeni now makes the pve very entertaining, you can do cc to sell cc coins, make nukeland, or tmq6, even the fact that u bringed the wishes of shenron to the meta with new tradeables items makes db's hunting fun and the server population is huge. To be honest seeing nonsense feedback from the community annoys me alot, that's lack of gratitude, ignorance and willful blindnes.

Good job verdant and team<3

• I feel like dungeons such tmq/ud feel not so rewarding, yeah you get gear drops and exp but maybe a reward upon completion would be nice such as an upgrade kit on the final boss. It doesn't have to be a kit each but just a single kit guaranteed drop, this to me would be more inviting to do UD/TMQ and other dungeons. Just an idea, something along those lines would be nice.

• Why for being an MMO, should be hard to upgrade? If it is an MMO, Multiplayer Massive Online, people should be doing Multiplayer things to get better, like farming TMQ and Dungeons to get better gear, not farming solo for weeks. That is what I think

I agree here which is why I would love DBO to be more involved with its dungeons/upgrades

• hi verdant on my opinion, i hate the new upgrade system not because we can craft it too but because the mobs level 50+ still drop u14 which will make u56 drop even more rare so for pp that don't like to craft like me is farming and/or buying witch is impossible cuz players just abuse of the prices ,and drops in 15 level i dropped one only

in my opinion i preferer the way was with stones level 50 mobs drop u50 and low lvl mobs like 46 drop u42

this is my opinion hope u don't take it the wrong way :D

• Hola Verdant soy Legendarios ya hable ayer por cierto seria muy bueno quitar el limite de la tienda de 999.999 para poder vender mas caro tambien en la tienda ya que yo siempre vendo con otro pj al lado de suvasta tambien para traducir este texto esta en español😜👍sigue asi Verdan muchos animos eres un crack

• my opinion is that you cant be farming with mobs lvl 51 and above and they drop u28 or u14 , it doesnt make any sense, before updated we dont drop u30 from lvl 41 mobs , it drops you u42 or u46 thats the reason you farming high lvl mobs, if i need u28 kit i will go to lvl 28 mobs , but this is just wrong and thats why people selling u56 for 10kk or more lol . so high lvl mobs like 50 and above should drop u56 thats the fix.

anyway in general i hate the new system cause i dont craft and i never did or liked crafting , wish for old stones to come back

• I think that most of the things about crafting is good, but since the drop rate of the u56 is the half of u42, why do you need 5 kits instead of 2? That seems weird to me.

I hope you make good things for players <3

We did it that way because a lot of people expressed concern that there'd be too much +15 too fast.

I already expressed that dbo is a mmo game and it should be hard to upgrade but not with failure

Yeah, I'm curious to see what kind of stats are going to come out this weekend. I'll know more about where we are once I build the tools to tell me exactly how many +15s there are, and what levels they are. I didn't need the tools before, because when we were in cap 45, I could query that out of the database without too much trouble. Now that I need to exclude the items 45 and below, I need to do some modifications to the database to know for sure.

Why for being an MMO, should be hard to upgrade? If it is an MMO, Multiplayer Massive Online, people should be doing Multiplayer things to get better, like farming TMQ and Dungeons to get better gear, not farming solo for weeks. That is what I think

It's not that it should be hard, it's that it should take some time. Not everything should happen overnight, you guys need something to work toward. That said, I've got a few changes coming in the next couple of months that will help incentivize parties.

Or u can change the requicites of craft, instead of 5 u14 for 1 u28 make it 4 u14 for example.

The second problem is the current price of the u14 kits in the npc, being 100k zeni people are already selling them to the npc instead of using them for crafting because the price of u28 auctionhouse is 350k, so it is not worth spending 5 u14 (500kk) on crafting something that worth 350kk.

That's what we're looking at right now, a 5->4 recipe change, or some tweaks to crafting materials/zeni cost. As for the whole 100k vs 500k thing, that's probably not something we want to target. The market (should) regulate itself once players realize that all u28 kits are worth at least 500k, and stop selling them below that price. If they continue to do so, it just helps the economy, and helps the sharp players watching the auction house get better deals. I think that's probably fine, that's what we want.

I feel like dungeons such tmq/ud feel not so rewarding, yeah you get gear drops and exp but maybe a reward upon completion would be nice such as an upgrade kit on the final boss. It doesn't have to be a kit each but just a single kit guaranteed drop, this to me would be more inviting to do UD/TMQ and other dungeons. Just an idea, something along those lines would be nice.

I'm going to be working to add a unique feel to each dungeon in cap 55 and cap 60, I think.

in my opinion, the rates doesnt fit. i just started the game again, but i am getting the lvl up faster then i can upgrade my equipment and what really sucks without upgrade is, if there are more then two mobs, then i will fail for sure. So there is no option around it, then doing a mob group of max 2. the question is in that case, why do i need any aoe skills then, because the way to have some fun to clear some quests faster with aoe skills, is already killed with that.

This is why we made the weapon/armor kits so cheap in the token shop, to fill this void.

I agree here which is why I would love DBO to be more involved with its dungeons/upgrades

We'll be doing this soon. The wishes/nukeland stuff were a little test to see what people would like with dungeons. We'll probably be reworking dungeons one at a time slowly to add new, unique rewards to each one.

hi verdant on my opinion, i hate the new upgrade system not because we can craft it too but because the mobs level 50+ still drop u14 which will make u56 drop even more rare so for pp that don't like to craft like me is farming and/or buying witch is impossible cuz players just abuse of the prices ,and drops in 15 level i dropped one only

in my opinion i preferer the way was with stones level 50 mobs drop u50 and low lvl mobs like 46 drop u42

this is my opinion hope u don't take it the wrong way :D

I won't take it the wrong way! :D The reason we did it the way we did, where all mobs drop all kits, is so that people could farm wherever they want. The fear was that if we locked it to level, high level players would flood into the low level areas to farm the u14's with higher drop rates, and craft them up, because the 56's are so rare.

Hola Verdant soy Legendarios ya hable ayer por cierto seria muy bueno quitar el limite de la tienda de 999.999 para poder vender mas caro tambien en la tienda ya que yo siempre vendo con otro pj al lado de suvasta tambien para traducir este texto esta en español😜👍sigue asi Verdan muchos animos eres un crack

¡Hola gracias! Creo que pronto volveremos al cliente de Daneos, para que vuelva el pelo naranja y azul, y este límite desaparecerá.

I think than the new upgrade system is fine, but I would boost the drop rate just a bit. And I'd make 100% success just until +12. In my honest opinion the random thing is something that makes any game more interesting.

This is probably something that's off the table now. This was the #1 thing people complained about with the original system.

• About first quote:

Why is it something wrong to reach +15 faster than now? I just can't why to slow down that. I think most people would prefer the +15 faster.

The second:

I am not saying that in one hour you should get 75 kits for a full set +15. But before the update with normal mobs with a 0.05% of rate, I got 2-3 u46 stones in 8-10 hours of farming. That is too low, now for the u56 is worst (0.031-0.034% of rate), because even you can craft those, you still more a lot of luck to drop 5 u42 to craft a u56.

I understand the farming in games, but farming upgrade items and know that you wouldn't get a +15 item in 25-30 hours isn't very sane. Because now, the only 2 viable ways to get a u56, are farming which the rate is too low, and AH that are too expensive. Token and Mudosa are out of question, cost too much to get 12500 tokens for a u56, and more than 5 millions mudosa points for a u56

• you have my full vote

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!