New Upgrade System Feedback Thread

• The problem is, most players weren't getting 2-3 u46 in 8-10 hours, and even if they were, that would still be too high. They were getting them much more often. This is meant to be a system you guys work toward for a long, long time, not something you can accomplish on every character in a couple of weeks. It's meant to be slow and incremental. I think you're frustrated because you're going into this with the intention of getting to +15 in like a week, and that's simply not what this system is designed to do.

• It should return to what it was before, stones with 100% of success, now we need to pay 6kk for 1 U56, not everybody has 24/7 of time to farm and buy upgrade items. For new players that's even worse, they see the auction house and just give up, a friend of mine did just that, thinking about a long term for the game, like this, is not going to work.

PS:This is just my opinion, before starting saying the same thing as always, like:"crying", respect me, that I respect you.

• The problem is, most players weren't getting 2-3 u46 in 8-10 hours, and even if they were, that would still be too high. They were getting them much more often. This is meant to be a system you guys work toward for a long, long time, not something you can accomplish on every character in a couple of weeks. It's meant to be slow and incremental. I think you're frustrated because you're going into this with the intention of getting to +15 in like a week, and that's simply not what this system is designed to do.

3 stones in 10 hours is TOO high? What? In DBO TW the system was designed to be hard because that way, people will spent real money to buy stones in the cash shop. Seriously, I'd like to know why make people farming alone for weeks is something good for the game. I've already made my point in the thread, less people farming kits/stones, means more people going to dungeons, budo and doing rankeds. There is no benefit for anyone to make people farming for weeks

• It should return to what it was before, stones with 100% of success, now we need to pay 6kk for 1 U56, not everybody has 24/7 of time to farm and buy upgrade items. For new players that's even worse, they see the auction house and just give up, a friend of mine did just that, thinking about a long term for the game, like this, is not going to work.

PS:This is just my opinion, before starting saying the same thing as always, like:"crying", respect me, that I respect you.

I agree 100% with you. It is something normal to think like that

Getting 2-3 stones in 8-10 hours of farming is too high??? I can agree that farming stones in ud3 might've been too easy last cap, but this cap you got rid of the bonus drop rate for supers and lowered the rate of u56. People won't be able to average 5+ stones an hour or whatever they were getting from ud3 before. but 2-3 stones in 8-10 hours is too much? That's ridiculous. Even to get 1 set of armor and weapons to +10 which isn't all that good would take you an average of 180+ hours of farming. That's insane.

The fear was that if we locked it to level, high level players would flood into the low level areas to farm the u14's with higher drop rates, and craft them up, because the 56's are so rare.

Farming 125 u14s to make 1 u56 vs farming for u56? I don't think there would be a single person that would try that if kits were locked to levels like stones were.

• I agree 100% with you. It is something normal to think like that

I agree, but there's a few players, always the same ones, that get+15 in 2 days because they don't have a life outside the game, and you do and don't agree with them, they always says "crying", looks like they only knows 1 word, anyways, back to the topic, the previous system was perfect, it was very hard to find stones, but it was possible, now, it's not

• Getting 2-3 stones in 8-10 hours of farming is too high??? I can agree that farming stones in ud3 might've been too easy last cap, but this cap you got rid of the bonus drop rate for supers and lowered the rate of u56. People won't be able to average 5+ stones an hour or whatever they were getting from ud3 before. but 2-3 stones in 8-10 hours is too much? That's ridiculous. Even to get 1 set of armor and weapons to +10 which isn't all that good would take you an average of 180+ hours of farming. That's insane.

Farming 125 u14s to make 1 u56 vs farming for u56? I don't think there would be a single person that would try that if kits were locked to levels like stones were.

=O

• 3 stones in 10 hours is TOO high? What? In DBO TW the system was designed to be hard because that way, people will spent real money to buy stones in the cash shop. Seriously, I'd like to know why make people farming alone for weeks is something good for the game. I've already made my point in the thread, less people farming kits/stones, means more people going to dungeons, budo and doing rankeds. There is no benefit for anyone to make people farming for weeks

3 max stones in 10 hours means in a couple of weeks you'll have full +15, and never have to farm for it again. Like I said, it's meant to be a slow progression that gives you something to build toward for a long time.

They would, because the u56's would be rare.

I agree, but there's a few players, always the same ones, that get+15 in 2 days because they don't have a life outside the game, and you do and don't agree with them, they always says "crying", looks like they only knows 1 word, anyways, back to the topic, the previous system was perfect, it was very hard to find stones, but it was possible, now, it's not

You know you can craft them now right? And get the small ones in token/mudosa?

i would like kits to be dropped only in ud/tmq/cc/bid mobs and upon completing them at a low rate, so that there would be more party play since this is an mmo. That's my littile opinion

I'll have some bonuses for playing in parties out soon, but we can't incentivize party play by punishing solo players.

• 3 max stones in 10 hours means in a couple of weeks you'll have full +15, and never have to farm for it again. Like I said, it's meant to be a slow progression that gives you something to build toward for a long time.

I'll have some bonuses for playing in parties out soon, but we can't incentivize party play by punishing solo players.

"Never farm again"? I've already said that since you can have multiple characters you can gear up those chars and you wanna put them +15 too.

And as I said, why to put people to only do solo farming? What do you gain? If people is doing only farming by themselves instead of doing other things of the game, why that benefit the other players?

As you have said, there is people that have already have at least one char full +15, and they are still playing, maybe doing dungeons to sell gears, or to get gear for their other chars, maybe they are helping their friends instead of doing only farming.

And since it is a multiplayer game, you should get more things doing multiplayer things that solo

• 3 max stones in 10 hours means in a couple of weeks you'll have full +15, and never have to farm for it again. Like I said, it's meant to be a slow progression that gives you something to build toward for a long time.

I do, but it's very painful do all that crafting, spend a lot for +1, not worth

Couple of weeks? Hmmm

3 stones = 10 hours of farming. Let's see how that holds up.

You need 75 stones for 1 set of armor/weapons full +15. 75/3 = 25. Going to have to get 3 stones 25 times. So you'll have to do 10 hours of farming 25 times. 250 hours

But wait, you got your craft set but you still need a e def/phys def set depending on what class you are. That's another 45 stones you need. Add on 150 hours of farming.

Well now you have your foc gloves but what about the people that would use either crit rate or crit % gloves? What about atk speed? That's about 30 stones for the 2 gloves right there. +100 hours of farming.

So that's around 500 hours of farming going off your 3 stones in 10 hours. Even if you farmed 10 hours a day every single day it's going to take 50 days to get full +15. Good luck gearing an alt.

Even if you cut out all of the extra stuff (shouldn't be called fully geared if you don't have) and only go with the original set that's still 250 hours of farming. Who is going to farm 10 hours a day 25 days straight to gear up? I remember being told that this was a casual game. What's casual about that?

• Ufff, I like all the facts you put right there. And it is even more time if you want to gear up other char.

They can say to you:

"You can buy them from players". They cost a lot right now the U56. And if you don't have a good way to make tons of money, well, a not good method.

"You can buy them from tokens". You need more than 12500 token points for a u56. I kill 1600 mobs in 2 hours, that means spend 8 hours to farm the points plus all the zeni in crafting, for a u56, instead of using them to get boxes or other things...

"You can buy them from Mudosa". You would need almost 19kk of mudosa points for a u56, and budo champions gain less than 400k points per victory, so...

And as you say, it is suppose to be a casual game: He has said "This is an mmo, and a very casual one at that", "This is a casual game filled with casual players doing casual stuff for rewards", "It's just meant to be a casual game to play with your friends".

• I'll preface this by saying that you guys need to absolutely take this down several notches, and chill out. This system has been out for 4 days, and just about everyone here farmed for an hour and called it quits, so these are some pretty strong opinions that you have, based on very little evidence. Speaking of evidence, I'll remind you (again) that we're going to take some polls and do some analysis on how things are going this weekend, to see if I need to act and change anything.

Additionally, I've already warned you guys in this very thread what happens when you cry wolf for six months straight about something. First you cried that there was too much RNG, now you want it back. Then you cried that the drop rates were too low, now you want them back. Now that you have decent drops and something you can actually see progress with, you want to go back to just gambling over and over, or cheesing the system with UD3, popo boxes, and quest stones.

It had to stop sometime and go to a fair system that gives me other options than just drop rate and success rate for modification, and I'm sorry you don't like that, but given that you guys have railed against literally every option you've been given, it's difficult to put stock in what you say. It's especially difficult because of how emotional you guys get about the upgrade system, which is still puzzling to me, but this is why I put discord on slow mode when it comes up. You guys can't seem to be objective about this system.

I have said this multiple times in this thread alone. In the coming months I'll work on some changes to incentivize partying up. That said, there's nothing about this system that's forcing you to play solo. Be glad we're working so hard to give you guys more options so you can play how you choose, instead of attacking multi client and disabling it.

Your assumption is that the only thing players will ever do in game is farm for upgrades, because that's all you do. That isn't the case. The system is designed to increment slowly, and let people play the way they want, and improve their gear over time. I must have said this hundreds of times, but I'll say it again: You guys need to get with the program that you will not always be able to have the best gear in the game in five minutes. I don't know how many times I'm going to have to repeat that before you guys get it, but I have to say it dozens of times every day, and at every event.

I do, but it's very painful do all that crafting, spend a lot for +1, not worth

Thank you for being reasonable about this whole thing. I aimed high on the costs because we just injected almost 2 million dollars worth of cash points into the economy, and I'd rather be safe than sorry. People are dealing primarily with cash points right now, which is why things are relatively zeni cheap. This is why some players are having an easier time with +15 than others. That said, the power is in your hands. If you don't want the cashers to do so well, just don't sell your upgrade kits.

The point of this thread is to gather feedback, but if the feedback you give me is purely emotion driven, and you haven't tested the system, and only hate it because it's new or different or a little harder, the feedback is useless to me. I have been begging you guys for months now to take a step back from how emotional you get about the upgrade system. I don't know what it is about upgrading that makes you all so miserable and emotional, but you need to just take a deep breath about the whole thing. You guys are ruining this experience for yourselves by being so wrapped up in all this negativity.

• Yes, it is a casual game. Yes, you do have those options. Be glad that you do, this is the only server that affords them to you. You are approaching this from the perspective of someone who wants to do nothing but farm for upgrade kits, and get them quickly. That is not how the system is designed to work. As I have said probably a dozen times in this thread, this is meant for you to be able to see your progress and work toward it over time, by playing however you want, be it pvp, questing, farming, trading on the AH, or whatever you like. If you don't have any feedback other than "it's hard and I don't want to try", then leave the thread alone for now. Like I said, you guys are way too emotional about this, and you're going to have a bad time if you keep making yourselves miserable.

• Hola de nuevo Verdant seria bueno implementar de nuevo los cofres que salian en el farmeo hace años y dentro poner otro tipo de recompensas eso ya a tu criterio y las llaves de los cofres que se pudieran comprar en tokens.

Por ejemplo yo en los cofres pondria tikets +15 pero que salieran muy poco el que quiera cofres que se lo gane farmeando y las llaves para abrirlo las pondria caras una llave almenos 2000 o 3000 minimo para que no haya desmadre con tikets +15

¡Hola de nuevo! Bienvenido de nuevo amigo. ¡Tengo planes de traer estos cofres pronto! Sin embargo, no estoy seguro de que hagamos las entradas +15.

<3

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!