Nerfed swordsman?

• i have a swordsman and turtle class but i have noticed swordsman has a lot of changed on his skills. it was not better before? and when i check my turtle the skills are same as original dbo. if it is posibble please make it like in original dbo thx. because it is not really fun to play as before. swordsman is not fame as before. people are not preferring it. thx.

• Most of these changes came before my time, they're on my radar though. Part of the reason I'm holding off on balance until 2.0 is because I want to fundamentally change how a lot of skills work, and the skill system in general, so a lot of what I do would just be undone later.

• I have no idea what swordsman is now, but if it's the same as in Daneos dbog there's definitely no need to change.

It's a solo PvP class that completely relies on KD spam, never was even meant to compete in dmg. On the other hand, fighter is a class that shines in high dmg and insane crits and is all about that. If u want to deal high dmg, play fighter. Swordsmans are supposed to deal some dmg, while constantly controlling the fight with KDs and stuns. Even back in the day there were so many new players complaining about SM dmg without realising what the class even is. Shadow knight doesn't have any kind of stun or KD lock so it's obvious that it must deal dmg in order to stand a chance against anybody, just being a tank isn't enough to win.

Swordsmans can still kill any human class with their dmg and prop debuff, but against nameks/majins they are supposed to go for KD out of the arena. Instead of trying to change a class for no reason, learn to play it, practice your KD/stun timing and invest into right gear....i mean if you are for whatever reason still serious about this game.

Regards

• Since when this server is Daneos based? Sk is a tank and deals pretty high damage compared to Dw. Ulti is also a tank, but it just doesnt do any damage. Swordsman with kd on its sword slashes, the skill that doesnt even require timing, make sm class pretty broken and boring. Swordsman is supposed to deal high damage, just because it has glaring slash, that is meant to boost up your damage for short period, also back damage.

not to mention there are cases when kd just get blocked

• Since when this server is Daneos based? Sk is a tank and deals pretty high damage compared to Dw. Ulti is also a tank, but it just doesnt do any damage. Swordsman with kd on its sword slashes, the skill that doesnt even require timing, make sm class pretty broken and boring. Swordsman is supposed to deal high damage, just because it has glaring slash, that is meant to boost up your damage for short period, also back damage.

not to mention there are cases when kd just get blocked

I'm not saying any server is or should be "Daneos based", just that the Swordsman class in particular was pretty decently balanced and very effective for the thing it was supposed to do. There are many other classes that are not and that need to be buffed/nerfed seriously before even thinking about changing anything for SM. Also any class can kill any class in this game depending on the playstyle and difference in gear.

I'm not sure what you were trying to say, but my point was that swordsmans are doing ENOUGH dmg now as they are and that they should not get further dmg buffs. Their prop debuff and sword slashes can still deal dmg, but they are not supposed to be played the same way fighters are played - to just stun and kill an opponent. They are meant to control the fight with KD/stun locks, while dealing dmg. If you want them to be another fighter "stun and kill" class for whatever reason, then KD lock must get nerfed...i don't see the point of doing that, why would u want to have two same classes? Shadow knights are PvP oriented so they have much higher single target dmg, while DW is an aoe, pve class. Ultimate majins deal very high dmg and are the most broken class in this game, i've talked about this earlier so it's a very drained topic for me in which i'm not gonna get into again.

Also idk why i have a need to emphasize this, but i really don't care. I'm just engaging in this conversations out of boredom. Feel free to change whatever u want, it's another game after all.

Regards

• Oh yes btw, i do agree that they should get their KD back on Multiple Sword Slashes, that's the way it originally was even in dbog and it's better for many reasons. That change would not jeopardize the KD/stun lock potential, so increasing their dmg is still not needed in any way. People that don't like KDs and want to kill fast in PvP should play other classes.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!