weird lag spikes

• listen im pretty sure my computer can run this game but sometimes i get wierd random lag spikes while fighting walking and talking to npcs does anyone know why i have a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770S CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz

16gb of ram and idk my gpu off the top of my head but im aware that its good

• Hey thewolfycat,

It's some quirk this old game has with this version of the client, and windows 10. There's a setting in the launcher that can help mitigate it, and we're working on a few more things like that, but the real solution is moving over to the new client. The open source client doesn't have these freezes for whatever reason. Once the game is in a playable enough state that players have enough to do with their friends while we develop the new client, we'll work on that.

• I get these lag spikes as well and it is not my computer cause I played on the Taiwan servers and played DBOG without any lag like that a long time ago. the player population is good and I like the way this version of DBO is turning out. even with that setting in launcher the lag is still quite annoying. it is the only thing stopping me from diving into this game for more then a hour. would love to play DBO for hours losing sleep over it like I used to but the lag needs to be fixed. looking forward to the new client.

• I get these lag spikes as well and it is not my computer cause I played on the Taiwan servers and played DBOG without any lag like that a long time ago. the player population is good and I like the way this version of DBO is turning out. even with that setting in launcher the lag is still quite annoying. it is the only thing stopping me from diving into this game for more then a hour. would love to play DBO for hours losing sleep over it like I used to but the lag needs to be fixed. looking forward to the new client.

Please read post made by current main developer above your post!

• We've got a couple more tweaks coming that seem to be helpful, and we're starting to work on the new client as well, so hopefully these freezes will be a thing of the past soon.

Does the game run on win8 or 8.1 operating system also have lag problems? I'm using win10, and I like dbo very much. But when I'm in the game, the screen will freeze every ten seconds or so, which is too frequent for me to continue. When I point the mouse pointer to different items in the bag (from pointing to one item to pointing to another item, without clicking or doing anything), the interface may freeze. This kind of lag is especially noticeable when the mouse pointer is swayed quickly against the items in the package. But if there is no such problem in win8 or win8.1, I am willing to change the operating system in order to play dbo. Do you have exact data in this regard? This kind of lag only exists in win10, or does win8 and win8.1 also face the same problem? What is the best solution right now? I really don't want to wait until the new client comes out to play, I hate waiting.

• Does the game run on win8 or 8.1 operating system also have lag problems? I'm using win10, and I like dbo very much. But when I'm in the game, the screen will freeze every ten seconds or so, which is too frequent for me to continue. When I point the mouse pointer to different items in the bag (from pointing to one item to pointing to another item, without clicking or doing anything), the interface may freeze. This kind of lag is especially noticeable when the mouse pointer is swayed quickly against the items in the package. But if there is no such problem in win8 or win8.1, I am willing to change the operating system in order to play dbo. Do you have exact data in this regard? This kind of lag only exists in win10, or does win8 and win8.1 also face the same problem? What is the best solution right now? I really don't want to wait until the new client comes out to play, I hate waiting.

The original servers and development of game was terminated at 2013 October (first server shut down in the middle of October and the last 2 severs at the last day of October) and Windows 8.1 came same year, but sooner. So all Windows versions before Windows 10 should be good, but most recommended is Windows 7 or Windows XP (if very week and old PC) for this game at this moment.

We've got a couple more tweaks coming that seem to be helpful, and we're starting to work on the new client as well, so hopefully these freezes will be a thing of the past soon.

When last time I talked about New Client with you, you said at best work with New Client continue near end of this year and and chance of New Client releasing in 2022 is like 50/50, so now I'm a bit confused for moment.

• The original servers and development of game was terminated at 2013 October (first server shut down it the middle of October and the last 2 severs at the last day of October) and Windows 8.1 came same year, but sooner. So all Windows versions before Windows 10 should be good, but most recommended is Windows 7 or Windows XP (if very week and old PC) for this game at this moment.

When last time I talked about New Client with you, you said at best work with New Client continue near end of this year and and chance of New Client releasing in 2022 is like 50/50, so now I'm a bit confused for moment.

got it! Thank U!

• Does the game run on win8 or 8.1 operating system also have lag problems? I'm using win10, and I like dbo very much. But when I'm in the game, the screen will freeze every ten seconds or so, which is too frequent for me to continue. When I point the mouse pointer to different items in the bag (from pointing to one item to pointing to another item, without clicking or doing anything), the interface may freeze. This kind of lag is especially noticeable when the mouse pointer is swayed quickly against the items in the package. But if there is no such problem in win8 or win8.1, I am willing to change the operating system in order to play dbo. Do you have exact data in this regard? This kind of lag only exists in win10, or does win8 and win8.1 also face the same problem? What is the best solution right now? I really don't want to wait until the new client comes out to play, I hate waiting.

I'm not sure if it happens on win8, I don't think so. I haven't tested that myself. There's a setting in the launcher that can knock it down to about one freeze a minute. We're working on a bit more optimization now.

• When last time I talked about New Client with you, you said at best work with New Client continue near end of this year and and chance of New Client releasing in 2022 is like 50/50, so now I'm a bit confused for moment.

That's still just a rough guess, but we're starting to finish some of the bigger stuff I wanted to get done with before 2.0, so we're getting there.

• Hey, sadly experienced this right off the bat in game...
    With the experimental w10 setting I can't even get past the login screen it seems, it just doesn't connect
    Is the new client still expected in 2022? just looking if something can be done

Edit: Just saw that the fix was for an older client in another thread
    And found these settings which... maybe make the experience a bit better https://media.discordapp.net/a…png?width=1025&height=387

• Hey, sadly experienced this right off the bat in game...
    With the experimental w10 setting I can't even get past the login screen it seems, it just doesn't connect
    Is the new client still expected in 2022? just looking if something can be done

Edit: Just saw that the fix was for an older client in another thread
    And found these settings which... maybe make the experience a bit better https://media.discordapp.net/a…png?width=1025&height=387

Yeah, the w10 freeze setting is deprecated, I'll remove it from the launcher when I can. That said, we're moving forward with development of the new client in a few weeks that should solve all of these problems.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!