DBOG review

• DBOG review from a player who played DBO since 2011. I haven't played since Daneos was the project leader and I started to play Verdant's version since early June, so I have played for a little over a month now so I have a good feel of this version now. The biggest changes here that i've noticed since The Dark age of Daneos's Terror on DBO is that 1. Brown boxes are gone and have been replaced with Silver boxes 2. Upgrading now has 0 RNG and is now 100% success rate 3. CCBD items and Dragon Ball wish items are unbound so you can sell them.  I think all 3 of these changes are very good and were all needed. When I found out about these changes, I was excited, I thought gearing up was going to be much easier and faster, boy was I wrong.

Lets say you download DBOG today and start playing from scratch, no gear no friends to help you no nothing. Lets say for example it took you 2 weeks to reach 60 cap, okay now you want to do PvP, oh but wait, that requires gear, and a lot of it. Okay so you want to do PvE content to gear up, that should be easy right? Wrong, not only does that also require strong gear, but CCBD is really the only thing worth spamming. TMQ has same rates as when Daneos was leader and UD 6 takes 2 hours for 1 run with bad drop rates also. So that leaves for CCBD only, and you think you can do CCBD fresh off leveling to 60? No. You have to farm, and farm a lot, DBOG is 90% farming and 10% CCBD. Now you can just farm your azz off and get somewhere doing that, but really, who wants to farm for 1 month straight before doing anything in the game? I would rate DBOG as decent, it's not bad but it's not good either, I will still play this game but not really feeling this game anymore currently and will be taking a break.

• DBOG review from a player who played DBO since 2011. I haven't played since Daneos was the project leader and I started to play Verdant's version since early June, so I have played for a little over a month now so I have a good feel of this version now. The biggest changes here that i've noticed since The Dark age of Daneos's Terror on DBO is that 1. Brown boxes are gone and have been replaced with Silver boxes 2. Upgrading now has 0 RNG and is now 100% success rate 3. CCBD items and Dragon Ball wish items are unbound so you can sell them.  I think all 3 of these changes are very good and were all needed. When I found out about these changes, I was excited, I thought gearing up was going to be much easier and faster, boy was I wrong.

Lets say you download DBOG today and start playing from scratch, no gear no friends to help you no nothing. Lets say for example it took you 2 weeks to reach 60 cap, okay now you want to do PvP, oh but wait, that requires gear, and a lot of it. Okay so you want to do PvE content to gear up, that should be easy right? Wrong, not only does that also require strong gear, but CCBD is really the only thing worth spamming. TMQ has same rates as when Daneos was leader and UD 6 takes 2 hours for 1 run with bad drop rates also. So that leaves for CCBD only, and you think you can do CCBD fresh off leveling to 60? No. You have to farm, and farm a lot, DBOG is 90% farming and 10% CCBD. Now you can just farm your azz off and get somewhere doing that, but really, who wants to farm for 1 month straight before doing anything in the game? I would rate DBOG as decent, it's not bad but it's not good either, I will still play this game but not really feeling this game anymore currently and will be taking a break.

Hey Parz,

Thanks for the review! We're going to be working on the dungeons a lot pretty soon, so hopefully they'll be more fun to play after that. Stay tuned! We're bringing lots of good changes soon.

<3

• Hey Parz,

Thanks for the review! We're going to be working on the dungeons a lot pretty soon, so hopefully they'll be more fun to play after that. Stay tuned! We're bringing lots of good changes soon.

<3

I hope to see it soon, I met so many friends I can still talk to today through TMQ parties in retail DBO, dungeons worth doing are such a must.

• I hope to see it soon, I met so many friends I can still talk to today through TMQ parties in retail DBO, dungeons worth doing are such a must.

I think ours are going to be pretty cool. We're combining some good ideas from some bigger mmo/rpg games into what I think will be some pretty sweet rewards.

• I think ours are going to be pretty cool. We're combining some good ideas from some bigger mmo/rpg games into what I think will be some pretty sweet rewards.

I would act fast. Currently, the few people that are doing PvE, are mainly doing CCBD, and in a nutshell, the experience is going something like this. I don't mean this disrespectfully, just letting you know what's going on in your server through my perspective.

unknown.png

• From what I can tell the DC's seem to be pretty localized to people cheesing one certain floor, and wandering well outside the boundaries. Is that not the case?

Not at all, people play it like normal and still DC. CCBD currently is a gamble, sometimes you DC sometimes you don't, only reason certain people have Level 60 CCBD gear currently is because they were able to do it in 55 cap, so they had more time to take that gamble. This means new players are pretty much screwed since most of the server already did the level 60 content in 55 cap. Pretty much, if you're sick of DCing in CCBD, that makes DBOG 100% just farming, the PvE content might as well not be in the server.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!