Level up and Status rework

• What status system you would love to see? 24

1. Same as original, each status growing automatically with each level up. (14) 58%
    2. Option to distribute points and build status the way I want. (8) 33%
    3. Too much reading. (1) 4%
    4. Kappa. (1) 4%

Before I start I must say that I know that thing like this would require hours and hours of hard coding process. Not to speak about huge balance adjustment as it would effect both PvE and PvP aspects of the game. I am aware of that, but still I wanted to share this concept of leveling up as it could (if possible to implement ofc) improve DBO dramatically. :saiyan:

Those who played original DBO know that primary status would boost automatically with each level up. There was no depth in character development as you could effect these statuses only with certain types of gear and Dragon Buffs. What if there was a different system, where you could have an option to actually build up your character the way you want? Option to choose what kind a character you want to build without relying too much on the items. How does it sound to you?

My idea: Primary attributes should not increase automatically, but instead with each level up in addition to Skill Points players should receive Attribute Points that could be invested into desired status (up to 70 max attribute points including level 1 per player). It would be impossible to max out all the attributes so players would have to think wisely what type of character they want to have. Each build, no matter what type of build player chooses would have it's weaknesses and strengths. This is where deeper development of the character comes in. Each atribute point would give different boost in status:

It would look something like this

Status increase should also be a slightly different for each race (namecs could gain more HP from 1 point of constitution than humans, while humans would gain more attack speed from 1 point of agility) to give each race "unique" feel and strategy.

This system of leveling up and status rework would make characters of the same class feel completely different like :
    A. Swordsman with high crit/ Low HP B. Swordsman with more HP/ Lower Damage C. Swordsman with low damage/ High mobility and attack speed
    D. And so on and so on .....
    Pool of 18 playable classess would expand, plus there would be less overpowered builds based on gear, less 99% effective counter builds for everything as there would be more different builds and encounters.

Tell me what you think, ok?
    I must warn you I am not that good in numbers and it was long time since I have been playing DBO, so just focus on the basic concept of this(changed all values to x though :gokulol: ).

• Sounds like xenoverse

I agree with you!

For me, if you want to make a more "Balanced" character, the team can do the following ( although it is hard work ):
    All attributes will stay the same as the Stats Discussion, meaning :
    Str = phys crit and phys attack
    DEX = dodge
    SOL = energy crit and energy attack.
    FOC = hit rate
    CON= LP
    ENG= EP
    But, what is going to change is you choosing the base of your character. So basically, before you totally go into the game not knowing a thing, a choosing list will pop out saying which attributes would you want to push more than others, it'll give you a certain number of points that you distribute WHEN YOU FINISH CREATING YOUR CHARACTER. Example:
    You have 5 points to spend: (Total left : 0)
    STR: 0
    DEX: 1
    SOL: 2
    FOC: 1
    CON: 0
    ENG: 1

I guess you get the idea of what is going to happen next. When you level up, the stats of your character will increase like wise what the stats you set up, while also adding the original stats you normally get! As you can see my example says there are only 5 points to spend, that is because (if you don't already know) normally the stats you get aren't going to be that low, and they dramatically increase the needs of your player, so getting 5 extra points distributed how you want them to be distributed basically means that at the character that will reach lvl 70 will have 350 Extra points which can be really OP, but since every character gets those points, you can make your character even more OP in some parts than others, while other players will just be better at other stats than you are! Let's say you are creating a fighter, a class mainly based on critical hits and speed, what you can do is make him OP by putting like 3 in STR, 1 in FOC (increasing the chances of you getting the right hits), and 1 Con since fighters have low health. Every level you pass, your attack power, rate of successful hits and health would increase more that the normal increase of the originally distributed points on different classes. Maybe you want your fighter to have a very high dodge while also having amazing armor that can boost up your hit rate, str, and other needs. Your character will be solid in dodge, which will make him really annoying to get a hit on him while he can just use his armor to kill you while you are trying to find a way out of the incredible dodge powers he has.

That is basically how I see it in my eyes, I think that will not only make pros more pro, but it will also give the new players a better chance of learning what they need and give them a better experience playing the game :)
    Also, I FIRMLY BELIEVE THAT THE ORIGINAL STATS IN THE GAME IS VERY GOOD, BUT MAKING A GAME MORE UNIQUE IN THE WAY YOU WANT IT TO BE WILL JUST MAKE THE GAME MORE LIKE ANOTHER GAME (XENOVERSE)

• I totally agree. That would be pretty sweet if that was enabled somehow. Would definitely make it more unique and in-depth with how you want to spend your points :P

• Nice idea, Question what site did u use to make that graph

I used simple MS Word to draw this graph :P TY!

Sounds like xenoverse

So? That is the only game that offers such thing? Is it bad? Very complex and deep statement I must say :)

I agree with you!
    Also, I FIRMLY BELIEVE THAT THE ORIGINAL STATS IN THE GAME IS VERY GOOD, BUT MAKING A GAME MORE UNIQUE IN THE WAY YOU WANT IT TO BE WILL JUST MAKE THE GAME MORE LIKE ANOTHER GAME (XENOVERSE)

What? It is imposible to turn DBO into xenoverse (MMORPG VS Fighting game). That was not the point of my post. I am speaking about character development and variety it can offer to the game. Xenoverse is not the only one that offers such thing. I never acctually played Xenoverse, passed it because it was bad game.

Most games dont do "Option to distribute points and build status the way I want." anymore because
    1. Then its easier to ballance classes
    2. Because many people specially new ones dont know what to build. Then they f it up and cry.

Question: you want DBO to be like most of these games? Or you want it to offer something more or less different to the market, stand out a little bit?
    Now if you take out Dragonball theme from DBO it is kind a crappy game if you ask me. Nothing unique. Big lack of depth and content.
    Dragonball theme it is the only thing unique about DBO. It keeps fanboys happy. Is it enough?

1. Easier does not mean it is better. I know it would take hard work and time, but it would pay off eventually.
    2. New players also f* up their skill builds and cry. When it was an issue? Stat reset books in game, status calculator tool - problem solved.
    :)

• as that wrestler from wwe would say...

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES ! YES! YES! YES!

• While automatic stat balancing isn't exactly a novel MMO concept, neither is the ability to allocate stats as you see fit. I don't see a change such as this truly redefining the game at all. Eventually everyone discovers the statistical sweet spots to play their chosen class the best and it spreads like wildfire until everyone is using that stat build or (in PvP) the best build to counter it. Every now and again you'll get the odd person who feels like just doing something different, like making a mace priest in Ragnarok Online that works pretty well, but for the most part players put in more effort to pigeonhole themselves than the developers ever could.

I can't even think of any oddball stat examples in Xenoverse. All I ever remember fighting were ki blast humans/saiyans and sponge tank majins.

• While automatic stat balancing isn't exactly a novel MMO concept, neither is the ability to allocate stats as you see fit. I don't see a change such as this truly redefining the game at all. Eventually everyone discovers the statistical sweet spots to play their chosen class the best and it spreads like wildfire until everyone is using that stat build or (in PvP) the best build to counter it. Every now and again you'll get the odd person who feels like just doing something different, like making a mace priest in Ragnarok Online that works pretty well, but for the most part players put in more effort to pigeonhole themselves than the developers ever could.

I can't even think of any oddball stat examples in Xenoverse. All I ever remember fighting were ki blast humans/saiyans and sponge tank majins.

I agree with you, but I still think that it is far more easier to copy paste builds when there are limited building options. In old DBO there was like 1-2 different op builds for 1 class that could work in competetive scene. And 1 build for example speed fighter would usually dominate. I would love to see more strategy less dependant on gear and op skills.

I know this thing will never be implemented, but still marten can dream, right?

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!