Blade and Soul

• Sup guys. Have you heard about this game? Have tried it yet? :P

My bro HotkeySK is streaming Blade and Soul nonstop, you can get your first impression on this game here if you want .
    What do you think about this game? Is it great? Personally I wish DBO had similar combat system like this.
    Art style is insane too !!! Too bad that world exploration is limited, yet it looks great. This game sure looks promising, definitely worth trying out.
    If you want you can meet me in game, char name is Okuma, server Windrest EU. ^^

• Yeah.. original uncensored version of the game looks crazy (weird boob animation, tons of lotion) and sometimes you really feel more or less pervert, unless you play as a male character .. even then you feel weird because you control ripped sexy K-Pop idol who's body is also in lotion.. even more strange :D

But hell, game has great mechanics, PvP arena can become big thing in E-Sport (no other MMORPG has come this close) , it already is a big thing in Korea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i61yjRQFk_M . Every game can get boring from time to time, even great ones.

• Yeah.. original uncensored version of the game looks crazy (weird boob animation, tons of lotion) and sometimes you really feel more or less pervert, unless you play as a male character .. even then you feel weird because you control ripped sexy K-Pop idol who's body is also in lotion.. even more strange :D

But hell, game has great mechanics, PvP arena can become big thing in E-Sport (no other MMORPG has come this close) , it already is a big thing in Korea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i61yjRQFk_M . Every game can get boring from time to time, even great ones.

That wasn't the point. I know people get burned out and need a break from the game they're playing from time to time, but what I meant is that BnS just isn't that fun for me to even get into. You know, as my personal experience. And I did try playing on other versions before this one, too.

Also, I was mainly refering to the general asthetic of the game, as it attracts people whether it's censored or uncensored (although having only one style of fashion might also get kinda old soon). To me, most of what it has going for itself is that it looks pretty (<-- This is what gets most people to play it) + the PvP (but only for those who actually enjoy it). Some might enjoy the gameplay, but I would personally rather play, for example, Tera or PSO2 when it comes to that aspect, since they don't try to fake action combat. Censored versions in games, though, usually get a thumbs down because it's ruining the artist's original style. Especially when it's done so poorly by adding a few weird textures/recolors.

As for PvP specifically, yeah... It's a big thing in the game, while the endgame PvE aspect becomes lackluster. If PvP is more than 90% of what you should expect having fun doing when you reach endgame, then it's not for me, since I like an MMORPG that has tons of PvE goals and where I can enjoy both aspects equally. Then there's also that huge part of the BnS community that says the balance is broken, that this or that class is more useless or overpowered than the rest, while having another side of people saying it's balanced and that you just have to become "good". To the point you don't know who's lying or telling the truth, who's right or who's wrong. But what I dislike most about PvP is the animation cancelling "mechanic", mostly because it greatly closes the gap between being good and being the closest to the server. Pretty sure a lot of people who played DBO before would know what I'm talking about when it comes to that server thing.

I suppose I could consider the game "decent", but I personally think it's kind of overhyped. There's also the issue of how NCSoft is handling the game, but I won't get deep into it because this post is already long enough. Let's just say there's a good amount of people that have a bone to pick with them (and it's not just the ones that like to complain and accuse everything of being p2w for no reason). So, you know, I don't really see it getting that far in this version (I could be wrong), and besides, Korea makes tons of games a big thing in their own online competition world; it's one of the things they're known for.

But hey! As long as a game is great for you and you have fun playing what you're playing, that's all that matters. ^^

• Im not a fan of this arena fights. They are too boring. Always same place and always same combos. And you get "nothing" out of that.
    Faction pvp is useless because you never fight people within your lvl range. If you're lucky you will have a 1vs1 fight but if youre unlucky a whole party crash you. If you're unlucky they will even camp you.

• I agree with Kirito and Daneos in most of things.
    You guys forgot one thing that most of who played DBO, we expect that every game be like it since we really love this game.

DBO is really epic game, with cleared bugs and some balance, it is still better game than most of this boring new games.

Maybe later on when everything works good, Daneos could think to add some new events or when you reach level cap you get new level cap.
    I don't know did you guys saw that but in many MMO's there is thing called "Paragon", it is really kinda just like leveling but each day you gain 1 paragon level and you invest points you get into attack, def, HP or what ever.

Still all in all, DBO beats all games.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!