Custom Language Patch

• "a ton?" how much we're talking about?. There's over 500,000 lines of text.

19mb worth of chinese text. In any case I'll release what we've got done so far.

I have every quest I've done until lvl 27 for humans completely translated, plus various other things such as NPC names and a few grammar corrections. I worked on it for a solid month while i didnt have a job (10-12 hours a day.) also i really messed this message up because i dropped my computer giving my daughter her bottle. lol

• put the langpatcher.exe and translation.txt files into the dbo folder and then execute the langpatcher.exe

I tried that but it wouldnt work. it patched the game with the original dbocom translations but after i put my file in there and renamed it translations.txt and patched it, the game crashed and i had to use my backup of DBOG to fix it. Also the file is identical to the original translations, except it has my added translations. it worked with the original DBO. is it possible its because of the game already being translated partially?

EDIT: patching the game once with my .txt file works and so doesnt the option in the patcher to show the ID names and numbers but after exiting and re-entering the game none of the options work and most NPC names are reverted to chinese, even after patching again. Also, is there a way to remove the default translations?

• I tried that but it wouldnt work. it patched the game with the original dbocom translations but after i put my file in there and renamed it translations.txt and patched it, the game crashed and i had to use my backup of DBOG to fix it. Also the file is identical to the original translations, except it has my added translations. it worked with the original DBO. is it possible its because of the game already being translated partially?

EDIT: patching the game once with my .txt file works and so doesnt the option in the patcher to show the ID names and numbers but after exiting and re-entering the game none of the options work and most NPC names are reverted to chinese, even after patching again. Also, is there a way to remove the default translations?

Your patching it wrong. I'll make a guide later.

• Your patching it wrong. I'll make a guide later.

I figured it out, but i still think making a guide is a good idea. But is there a way to remove the chinese text from the .txt file so that only the translated text is there? Like in the original DBOCOM .txt file? I would hate to remove it all by hand.

• The OG Patcher had the ability to rename all chinese text to Hex/ID. You'll need to use window 7 with the dbocom patcher to get it to work. If you want to do translation work just apply by pming me. we'res till doing it but slowly only me and usamrana are working on the project at this moment.

• The OG Patcher had the ability to rename all chinese text to Hex/ID. You'll need to use window 7 with the dbocom patcher to get it to work. If you want to do translation work just apply by pming me. we'res till doing it but slowly only me and usamrana are working on the project at this moment.

I've been using the translations_translated_export.txt to translate the game and in it is my translations AND the chinese text, I was wondering if you could remove the chinese text from translations_translated_export.txt so its only the english like in your .txt file.

• Hi all

First of all, Keep up your really good work...many, many. thx
    About the Translation.txt you posted before, i found some Little mistakes (eg. Damage from Player is writen at systemchat with "Casting distange increased", Line breakes from Questtext....)

I question me now:

.) Are this well know mistakes and maybe allready fixed?
    .) Why not release some of your done work for test?
    .) My knowledge for encrypt and all the stuff isnt great but some corrections i can make maybe it help (resend file after)?

Dear Shadow

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!