Caps on Anti-_____

• Should there be caps on Anti- crit, stun, bleed, confuse, ect 10

1. Yes (7) 70%
    2. No (3) 30%
    3. Yes, but only for some and not others (0) 0%

I'll keep this simple. Should there be a Cap on the amount of Anti-crit, stun, bleed, confuse, ect a person can have? This Poll isn't about what #% that cap should be, only if there should be one at all.

Discuss/Vote...

• if crit doesn't get fixed and you will still 1 hit people, ofcourse NOT. What' s the point of playing a game like that? everyone likes to 1 hit people, but it' s unbalanced. Will be better increase the normal dmg and make crits x2 dmg and not x10 lol (if now you do 3k to a sk base dmg, after the fix you do 5k, 10k with crit). Personally, I don t like the caps. With a cap you lose in customization. I only would make really REALLY hard get high stats like anticrit/speed/cd. But if someone reachs 100% anticrit, why he should get 30k again if he got bad luck? or a guy who got after 1000 attempts cd 26 earings, he should have the same result of a guy with cd 18 earings? Yes, if you get cd 26, you can use a slot for something else, but I don t like it. I usually like to go full stats set depending by the situations. And again for the speed, why a guy who got 26%x2 att speed should have the same speed of a guy with 15-18%? maybe can reduce the dmg a little and make even harder get those stats, but cap at 70% will kill the speed... Sorry if I went OT.. About the stun, bleed and confuse, if was already nice as it was. No cap because if you go full antibleed/confuse etc, you won't become unbalanced, but you will only resist to one of these debuffs. And you will waste 3-4 accessory slot, so it was balanced.

• Thanks for the response. For the crits, I see where you are coming from and agree partly. I would rather they increase the normal damage, reduce the crit damage (would take some balancing for pvp/pve), and have the ability of 100% anti-crit. This would balance things a lot more I think. However, if the damage doesn't change then there is a big balance issue especially if we are able to get 100% anti-crit (I believe the max at close was ~89% (sk)). I guess it would really just be for the fighter class (and somewhat for SM's too). Fighters rely on damage to win (crit). Fighters would stand little to no chance against sks, dendes, pokos, ults...well most classes if they could achieve 100% anti-crit without the damage changing as well. But I think we are more or less on the same page when it comes to crits.

As for a cap on cool down, yes it would be fun to be able to have 0 second cool down (I assume this is what you mean?) But that would create even more balance problems then the crit situation. However I do wish for a return to CD being a percentage instead of the weird formula the changed it to. Attack speed, I think, should definitely be capped only because it made the game too easy and more 1-dimensional. I don't know if that should be at 70%, I suppose that would be something needed to be tested and sorted out in beta. But the game shouldn't be too easy don't you agree?

As for the anti- bleed, confuse, ect, if you're talking 5v5 pvp then sure, it's not quite as unbalanced. But in 1v1 I think that is a problem. Even if a debuff lasted only .5 seconds it would still be useful as a part of strategy. But if you take away the ability of a plasma to confuse for even just a second or crane's ability to bleed for at least a very short time, that's a huge part of their strategy. And that goes for other classes as well. To take it away 100%, to me, takes away from the balance of the game/classes. I don't feel as strong on this particular part. IMO, if it remains the same, it will not be anywhere near as unbalanced as the crit situation but if you add a cap of even 90% I think it would make a big difference and balance the game much more. Even see more diverse Budokai's.

• Thanks for the response. For the crits, I see where you are coming from and agree partly. I would rather they increase the normal damage, reduce the crit damage (would take some balancing for pvp/pve), and have the ability of 100% anti-crit. This would balance things a lot more I think. However, if the damage doesn't change then there is a big balance issue especially if we are able to get 100% anti-crit (I believe the max at close was ~89% (sk)). I guess it would really just be for the fighter class (and somewhat for SM's too). Fighters rely on damage to win (crit). Fighters would stand little to no chance against sks, dendes, pokos, ults...well most classes if they could achieve 100% anti-crit without the damage changing as well. But I think we are more or less on the same page when it comes to crits.

As for a cap on cool down, yes it would be fun to be able to have 0 second cool down (I assume this is what you mean?) But that would create even more balance problems then the crit situation. However I do wish for a return to CD being a percentage instead of the weird formula the changed it to. Attack speed, I think, should definitely be capped only because it made the game too easy and more 1-dimensional. I don't know if that should be at 70%, I suppose that would be something needed to be tested and sorted out in beta. But the game shouldn't be too easy don't you agree?

As for the anti- bleed, confuse, ect, if you're talking 5v5 pvp then sure, it's not quite as unbalanced. But in 1v1 I think that is a problem. Even if a debuff lasted only .5 seconds it would still be useful as a part of strategy. But if you take away the ability of a plasma to confuse for even just a second or crane's ability to bleed for at least a very short time, that's a huge part of their strategy. And that goes for other classes as well. To take it away 100%, to me, takes away from the balance of the game/classes. I don't feel as strong on this particular part. IMO, if it remains the same, it will not be anywhere near as unbalanced as the crit situation but if you add a cap of even 90% I think it would make a big difference and balance the game much more. Even see more diverse Budokai's.

Well with 89% anticrit you still keep crits easy and not 1/10 like it should be, but atleast 1/5 so it was useless.... don t forget that you can reach 89% only on sk, and you have to sacrifice high lp% bonus... so it could be balanced... the true thing to cap was reflect,if you put it at 30% cap both, melee and energy, it could be ok. Cos a sk in solo buffs has around 20k lp, if base dmg is 5-6k and crit 10-12 with 2-3 hits you kill him... and for a tank class is ok resist to 2-3 hits I think.. a dende will be almost 1 shotted if crit, but not for sure, coz dende has 12-13k lp and he can heal in 1 skill so it s balanced.. bolt strike? You miss 1/5 to a fighter and a sword can kd you, so neither sk can 1 hit I think, so like this all have chance.

About the cd, yes I like cd 0 too. In pve ofc.. in pvp wasn t really good, needed some balance. But was good even like was in last patch. Cd 100=cd 70%. That means that a guy with cd 70 had like cd45-50%, a guy with 100cd had 70% effective And was fair.

About the anticonfusion etc, I think noone like start a fight and be locked all the time without moving neither 1 time. If you waste 3 accessories slots, you already get an handicap, and all stun classes have a lot of methods to lock you. Plasma has 2 different kind of confuse, and you can defend only 1 of them. Karma has terrible skill lock and kd... turtle can sleep you and kd slow etc... so maybe they should add any status defend stat xD not cap them xD

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!