Thinking about returning to DBOG but have ?s

• I haven't played in 4ys, last I was on I was level 28-29 and stopped playing due to the fact that they were gonna wipe which makes an MMO pretty much irrelevant to play. Are wipes done / gone?

Even though I am primarily an MMO player, the first time through it was a bit slow even for most games nowadays, I put 4-5 solid days in and was in the high 20s range. Was questing / leveling made faster?

Have you added anything that was highly requested for a multitude of years even during DBO and DBOR? Basically More transformations, more fluid combat, more end game content?

With these being primary questions, How long do you believe it takes to get to 30 at minimum as of right now?

What keeps the general playerbase playing?

• I haven't played in 4ys, last I was on I was level 28-29 and stopped playing due to the fact that they were gonna wipe which makes an MMO pretty much irrelevant to play. Are wipes done / gone?

No, there won't be any more full wipes. As we redesign new systems, there may be some targeted wipes though. A good example is the ranked PvP rework that's coming out in a week or two. When we do that, we'll wipe the old PvP standings and win rate and points, because the point system and rewards are changing.

Even though I am primarily an MMO player, the first time through it was a bit slow even for most games nowadays, I put 4-5 solid days in and was in the high 20s range. Was questing / leveling made faster?

Sort of. There's a 2x XP event every weekend, and other assorted events each weekend to help you advance/get you different rewards. The quest/mob overhaul is going to have to wait until we're on the new client, though.

Have you added anything that was highly requested for a multitude of years even during DBO and DBOR? Basically More transformations, more fluid combat, more end game content?

We've added a bit of endgame content in the form of dynamic repeatable daily events, and some title tracks to grind, but we're not the same team that was running DBOG all these years. We took over around a year ago, so up to this point a lot of our time has been spent fixing tools/discovering/creating ways to actually change the things we need to change in the game. That time is coming to an end though, we almost have everything we need to do what we want and start bringing you guys more modern MMO features and the things you're asking for.

With these being primary questions, How long do you believe it takes to get to 30 at minimum as of right now?

You can get to 30 in a day or two just playing casually.

What keeps the general playerbase playing?

We've added a ton of content in terms of new events and new systems. The way you upgrade your gear is different, the way you change your stats is different. We've added more events, new holidays, tons of new outfits. Everything is more free to play friendly, and there's much less RNG in getting items. Filipmania is right, you can just come over to discord and talk to us directly. Make sure to have a look through the patch notes though, it's been a very busy year for development in DBOG.

• Welcome around Warmanreaper!

-DBOG has new systems to be tested and a try, its up to your mood! Now there are also items that makes you skip the rough level 1 to 30 - so basically having it will make you skip some leveling up and move more further!
    - Also new items and much more

I'm playing this game since 2013. I was playing dbog in past as well (but I've took some breaks from it too), and lately I came back, and still I'm around 8).

Have fun around and if you need any kind of suggest, let us know!

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!