NERF ATK SPEED

• The game is really awesome and I'm glad that changes are being made for best, that's why I wanna promote to nerf attack speed like it was in the original dbo when they first increase max lvl to 60.

Otherwise is gonna become same as in the past when everyone was playing only with speed parties and every boss was easy to defeat. If you cap that abusive speed then the people will need more strategies to defeat bosses, and every class will be needed, game will become more difficult and enjoyable. No more auto attacking, you will need a better build and a great teamwork to survive.

Regards.

• The game is really awesome and I'm glad that changes are being made for best, that's why I wanna promote to nerf attack speed like it was in the original dbo when they first increase max lvl to 60.

Otherwise is gonna become same as in the past when everyone was playing only with speed parties and every boss was easy to defeat. If you cap that abusive speed then the people will need more strategies to defeat bosses, and every class will be needed, game will become more difficult and enjoyable. No more auto attacking, you will need a better build and a great teamwork to survive.

Regards.

The reason we're holding off on balance changes is because we want to do a more comprehensive approach to balance when we do the skill rework, which is coming sometime shortly after 2.0. Once that happens you'll probably see a lot more build variation, but any individual changes I do right now will result in exactly what you're seeing in this thread, whataboutism. That's how imbalanced the game is, anything imbalanced I remove from the board, people will be able to point to something else that's imbalanced and ask "what about that?" and now we're down this rabbit hole of doing nothing but game balance, and once I finish it all, it won't matter anyway once we do the skill rework. That's why we're holding off on it.

• The reason we're holding off on balance changes is because we want to do a more comprehensive approach to balance when we do the skill rework, which is coming sometime shortly after 2.0. Once that happens you'll probably see a lot more build variation, but any individual changes I do right now will result in exactly what you're seeing in this thread, whataboutism. That's how imbalanced the game is, anything imbalanced I remove from the board, people will be able to point to something else that's imbalanced and ask "what about that?" and now we're down this rabbit hole of doing nothing but game balance, and once I finish it all, it won't matter anyway once we do the skill rework. That's why we're holding off on it.

Actually, that's great that you guys are trying to beat inbalance. There is so much inbalance in game but the one that lead people to get bored (back in the days) was basically the speed abuse, cause you had to play only with specific classes no matter if you didn't like that class in order to max speed to your party.

So everyone didn't need to think how to kill a boss or complete a dungeon, you just came in, press autoattack and wait for the mob/boss to die.

• Speed is fine, there are much more broken things that need to be nerfed. SKs, looking at you...

Besides, nobody uses speed in pvp anyway (except some fighters maybe), so it doesn't affect you.

What other players do with npcs is not my concern, live and let live lol.

Wanna take down a boss without speed? You're free to do so, nobody is stopping you.

Speed actually makes it possible for solo players to beat some dungeons, when they don't have a guild/party. A big plus in my book.

Just my 2 cents

While you are at it lets also ask to nerf needle / bold strike from the game cause they 1 shot players xD

Needles don't one shot anyone except humans maybe, and that's if they aren't geared properly. Fighter has about 1% chance of winning against a good SK, and I'm being generous here xD. At least during current cap.

• That nerf was a bullshit!

Its killed my character and what i got for it? (Nothing)

Can i make new character ...whohoo i have nothing for it no zenni no item no stones not have lvl and time too for another character..

I loved the poko but worth now nothing.

If i made new character example turtle what is next nerf ? Turtle cant shoot more then 2 mob ? :D

Or if i made majin after nerfed the spin kick ? :D that was an joke.

I c the problem with the speed but that way is not correct!

• I get you are upset but Verdant has already explained how this one change has basically drawn out this reaction out in not only you but many others. Examples of this are in this very thread. He didn't just stop there, he also explained that any changes done now will be useless when skills get revamped.

You stated you see the problem with speed and outright disagree with the nerf but offer no solution. What do you suggest should have been done? I can't stress enough that I understand your frustration, but I need you to understand the Admin don't get paid, most have been active in our community for 10+ years with full times jobs, some have kids and even through all that this server is still active. There are plans in place so please be patient. Changes are coming. Trust your Admin. If you want help leveling add me "PureMadness" and I'll gladly help.

Lastly, posts like these only spread negativity. Please don't add unnecessary pressure to these guys.

• I get you are upset but Verdant has already explained how this one change has basically drawn out this reaction out in not only you but many others. Examples of this are in this very thread. He didn't just stop there, he also explained that any changes done now will be useless when skills get revamped.

You stated you see the problem with speed and outright disagree with the nerf but offer no solution. What do you suggest should have been done? I can't stress enough that I understand your frustration, but I need you to understand the Admin don't get paid, most have been active in our community for 10+ years with full times jobs, some have kids and even through all that this server is still active. There are plans in place so please be patient. Changes are coming. Trust your Admin. If you want help leveling add me "PureMadness" and I'll gladly help.

Lastly, posts like these only spread negativity. Please don't add unnecessary pressure to these guys.

I think that the new cc doesn't have any difficulties, before although with speed it was faster to finish, the gameplay of the original CC BD was designed so that each class fulfilled a specific role, I had to understand each mechanic of the bosses. and the floors, each class had to understand what was happening in order not to lose.

Although the rework of the New CC allows the use of different classes and group builds, it does not have a real difficulty as such, there is no metagame inside the cc as it was before, all the bosses have the same way of being defeated, the only thing what changes is the buff that touches them.

I also feel that people only want to play the shorter maps (UD1,UD2, WaterFall) the other maps are always skipped so they don't have to make a map as big as fear island,transforms into an in and out simulator until it hits the shortest floor.

For me, the two game modes could easily exist, without the need to cut content that worked, perhaps to house the current CC in the Kokkara triad, in the statue of time that was never used for anything and could be reused and leave the original CC where should.

I think that the players came out winning with both game modes together and just as enjoyable, without having to lose classes like poko

I am not here to complain, I am simply here to offer my solution, which would be to let the two game modes coexist without problems, reuse the Kokkara statue of time and reuse that abandoned structure.

• I'm sorry you can't play the way you want buddy, but I had to fix the speed bug. It was a huge bug that made pokos extremely overpowered.

I agree, CC still needs a lot of work. We'll get there and get it improved, and bring back the classic one too!

• I'm sorry you can't play the way you want buddy, but I had to fix the speed bug. It was a huge bug that made pokos extremely overpowered.

I agree, CC still needs a lot of work. We'll get there and get it improved, and bring back the classic one too!

I think to be honest both game modes need work, although I think I'm an old player that's why I appreciate the difficulty of the old CC more, I think the current CC has a different game mode that could be welcome, it makes me feel as an instance of WoW with its history, if tomorrow they announce that it is going to the current cc it would also seem a shame because it is still an effort invested

In kokkara there is the statue of the demon of time (I don't know its name) imagine that a new temporary dungeon is created that leads to the current CC game mode, reusing a structure could be a possibility at least to use something that is of plenty in the game, Dungeon Demon Time hahaha you can literally let creativity fly with that statue, who knows what could have been <3

I think that people also have to understand that one puts effort and dedication into doing something, I understand people who are angry and I also understand the new players who support the current cc, but they have to understand that above that is the effort to people, first think about the effort and then think more cold ?(

I would like to know what players think about making both game modes coexist together?:/

What better than having both game modes, right?

What do you think of your verdant about the current CC, a time of the most intense commotion has passed and the tide is calmer? :/

• In kokkara there is the statue of the demon of time (I don't know its name) imagine that a new temporary dungeon is created that leads to the current CC game mode, reusing a structure could be a possibility at least to use something that is of plenty in the game, Dungeon Demon Time hahaha you can literally let creativity fly with that statue, who knows what could have been

I'm planning on using that for something else!

<3

• I like my Poko it's still fun in my opinion

If great namek just would be a little bit more attractive speed wise and duration wise :)

Poko's are fun but unfortunately they are probably the class in the game that has the lowest play/pick rate. They are completely out of the meta right now, to the point where anyone who bothers gearing the glass and playing it on an end-game level will either just do @changeclass and swap to dende or quit altogether.

You don't play poko on an end-game level right now unless you genuinely just enjoy playing the class. They can't do anything, which is an unfortunate state for the part of the player base that is interested in this class right now. The end result? Posts like Grinch, where you can't blame him for having a passion for the class. But good on you Elmaster for sticking by the class and still having fun with it. Big respect. And good job to you too Grinch. Nice to see people have passion for an under powered class at the moment.

Every poko player out there who reads this and have a passion for the class they will be looked at eventually when balance is looked at. For now unfortunately there is no other option but to wait or play something else in the mean time (if you are playing the game on an end-game level).

• Poko's are fun but unfortunately they are probably the class in the game that has the lowest play/pick rate. They are completely out of the meta right now, to the point where anyone who bothers gearing the glass and playing it on an end-game level will either just do @changeclass and swap to dende or quit altogether.

You don't play poko on an end-game level right now unless you genuinely just enjoy playing the class. They can't do anything, which is an unfortunate state for the part of the player base that is interested in this class right now. The end result? Posts like Grinch, where you can't blame him for having a passion for the class. But good on you Elmaster for sticking by the class and still having fun with it. Big respect. And good job to you too Grinch. Nice to see people have passion for an under powered class at the moment.

Every poko player out there who reads this and have a passion for the class they will be looked at eventually when balance is looked at. For now unfortunately there is no other option but to wait or play something else in the mean time (if you are playing the game on an end-game level).

I never really got to play the End-Game and Poko seems pretty good when it comes to solo PVE at least, but you can forget it to find a nice party as poko becouse you get laughed at from the start and everyone sees you as a burden one dude even tried to charge me 100kk to play with them in a party.... I mean damn I get it its a grinding mmo but it's only a game man

• I never really got to play the End-Game and Poko seems pretty good when it comes to solo PVE at least, but you can forget it to find a nice party as poko becouse you get laughed at from the start and everyone sees you as a burden one dude even tried to charge me 100kk to play with them in a party.... I mean damn I get it its a grinding mmo but it's only a game man

Can't say this surprises me. This is what will happen to pretty much every off meta class because this game is meta dependent, which is end game PVE and PVP. The only way to play poko for PVE is just solo as you said or if you find a chill group of people who don't care about meta and just want to have fun with their friends (and don't care about farming or making zeni).

In this game people who farm and do dungeon runs do it for zeni/gear. And in order to do that they farm and value their time over someone who just wants to play casually with an off meta class. That's the reality of how DBO is and I've seen it happen time and time again. In DBO KR/TW when attack speed was meta for PVE. Everyone wanted to do dungeons with karma,SK,poko,dende, turtle, ulti. This was the ideal 'meta' party and every other class was shafted to the side. I had a lot of friends and people quit their off meta class as a result, where they quit the game altogether, changed to an alt, or just accepted the fact that they were useless in PVE to the point where they knew they wouldn't get chose.

Which makes it interesting with Grinch's Post because if the changes were reverted, you would see KR/TW meta occur and there would be other classes in the position poko's are in now.

Sorry to hear that happen to you though Elmaster. One day when 2.0 is upon us and balance is looked at I hope that's the day where those types of experiences won't happen to you.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!