How do I gear my characters?

• For context, this was one of the first mmorpgs that I played as a kid, and in terms of game knowledge, I didn't really learn much about the game despite getting to level 40 just a couple years back. One of the things that I've really been trying to wrap my head around lately is how to get gear for Turtle Hermits/the general gear progression of this game. Despite there being an abundance of skill, build, and crafting guides, there are little to no guides at all about how to go about gearing your character depending on the stage of the game you're currently at. It seems that everyone assumes you know what gear to get and where to get it. For example, my main is a turtle hermit at level 40. Someone was nice enough to give me very good gear that has helped me tremendously called "Firepower Combat gear" with +Constitution for the item effect , but I would have no idea where to even start with getting gear this good otherwise.

After going through a bunch threads on the forum, I learned that gear with constitution on it is the ideal for Turtle hermits. However, I don't know where I would start to replace these gears that I've been given. As things look, I will probably end up using these gears indefinitely. One of the beginner threads I came across told me I needed constitution on my gear, but where do I get such gear? Should I just keeping killing mobs near my level until I get them?

For example, having played maplestory for a decent bit, I learned that you usually want your armor and weapons upgraded to a certain star limit, with most of the emphasis for upgrade initially being on your main weapon, since that provides the largest damage increase. At the level range 100-200, having 10 stars upgraded out of 25 is ideal, and the ideal gear from 140-200 is level 140 Pensalir gear dropped from mobs, or level 150 Chaos Root Abyss gear obtained from defeating bosses. Stars aren't the only way of upgrading, and you will want optimize your bonus stats by using flames, and your bonus stat lines by using cubes to roll for class specific stat increases. Having ideal gear isn't absolutely necessary, but it makes overall progression a hell of a lot easier, and matters more as your level increases.

My question is, where are the ideal spots to obtain gear from in general as you progress? If it's too difficult to explain the general progression, explaining just my main (Turtle Hermit) is enough. What are the names of these gear, or does it not matter? I don't know much about the TMQ stuff or CC at all and haven't played them, but from what I could find, these things give good rewards and supposedly I should start to do these things soon considering I'm level 40? Also no one talks about the tiers for dropped gear and the stats they have on them, but is this correct? : Superior < Excellent < Rare < Legendary

• Hello, KamiKaz

The gear progression is not very clear since the game has a lot of time and most of people just ask for a powerlevel making it hard to find lower level activity dungeons and tqm's, and yes you're right about Superior < Excellent < Rare < Legendary (Legendary and Rare are the ones you want)

Most of the time you want to aim for legendary items since they have the capacity of reaching higher stats, which you can manipulate with silver boxes, yet I don't recommend you to get into silver boxes (they are a version of the brown box version but improved, instead of only letting you change the value of certain stat that you already had on the item, they allow you to choose which stat you want, and the number will be random).

From my experience all the drops I've seen from the open world are not that great, that's why TQM gear is best for a low level, as you might have experienced there are monsters that deal damage with energy and others physical, but you can still aim for a set full physical defense which can help you out a lot. At your current level you can start with TQM 3, which I think requires level 41, I can help you to do a few runs when you have time

When I started I didn't worry much about gear, but I do have to tell you that I've used the +9 or +12 tickets to improve my defenses even if I had some junk gear (I was aiming for rare, and legendaries). I was mostly relying on my majin buffs, which was not the best (just level 40 majin) helped me a lot to my main turtle when it was about killing large group of mobs alltogether

When you have a majin to give yourself buffs to your main, gear becomes not so relevant as long as you can kill very easily and get to 60 is all good, once you're 60 you can get the crafted lvl 60 gear which has hybrid defenses, or do like I did that I purchased the CC set low tier I think it's lvl 54 or 55, grinded to upgrade it to +15 and then just got myself prop earrings from dragon wish and some speed wand and gloves, I was lucky enough to get a party which didn't discriminate me because of my ugly gear and learned to do the important floors to unlock the higher tier gear. I've made a list on the minimum requirements to get started with CC if you're interested later on.

• Wow that's interesting, I've actually never heard of brown/silver boxes. Where are these found?

I'm definitely down to do some TQM runs and learn how it works, I just need to hit level 41 first. I've been playing a lot the past few days and trying stuff so by the time you read this there is a good chance I might be online. My main's IGN is OhRenji.

Also, would you mind explaining a bit about what prop earrings are and what a CC set is? I've seen prop earrings and CC set mentioned in some places, but I don't know what they mean.

• Brown ones are obsolete but back then I remember you could purchase them from the robot HOPE after killing the world boss

Silver boxes you can obtain them through token shop, wp shop, wagu machine or from event coins 1 event coin = 3 box in the npc the easiest way for you to obtain them might be buying from auction house

My name in the game is Mittens, I'll talk to you there

• Id be happy to give you a couple of boxes , just for you to try it out , i got plenty anyway. :)
    ign ultimateqyu

I would appreciate that a lot, I still don't know where to get the boxes. They don't seem to be in event shop, WP shop, or cash shop

EDIT: I finally found it lol. I was looking for "Silver box" but not realizing it was the Special Equipment Box the whole time

EDIT2: Tried one of the silver boxes on a legendary equip and chose Constitution and it gave me only +1. Idk if I'm using it right.

• I would appreciate that a lot, I still don't know where to get the boxes. They don't seem to be in event shop, WP shop, or cash shop

EDIT: I finally found it lol. I was looking for "Silver box" but not realizing it was the Special Equipment Box the whole time

EDIT2: Tried one of the silver boxes on a legendary equip and chose Constitution and it gave me only +1. Idk if I'm using it right.

Yea you need a lot of them to get that max stat , though if you arent 60 level , its not worth it
    + level 70 cap is coming soon so yeah

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!