Server Attacks

• Hey Everyone,

As I'm sure you've noticed, the server has been a bit unstable the past couple of days. This is due to the bug abusers we banned earlier this week being upset that we fixed those bugs and punished them. These players have had a long time to look at similar code to what is running on our server and identify exploits to crash channels or break the game, and are now coordinating to put those tools to good use harassing us. It's difficult to know how deep their bag of tricks is, so it's possible we could be battling them and dealing with server instability for a little while. As each new exploit is demonstrated, we'll fix it and ban the abusers, until they are out of things to abuse, or give up. Each one requires a different approach and a different amount of time to debug and fix, so I can't give you an ETA on when the server will be stable again, but I can tell you that we won't stop fixing bugs and banning the people responsible until it is. I apologize for any downtime/delays this has caused, but such is the nature of working on a game with a similar open source codebase. Once the server has been hardened against these kinds of attacks, we'll get you guys back to playing the game in stability and peace. As always, thank you so much for being here with us, through the good times, and bad. We'll keep working hard to make the game better!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!