Private Messages/Tickets

• Hey Everyone,

I wanted to write this post to hopefully clear up some of the issues surrounding the ticket system and the effectiveness of sending me private messages on discord to help solve any issue or answer any question you might have. As it stands now, anyone can add me as a friend on discord, and message me directly about any question they have or problem they're running into. I have intentionally left things this way because I like talking to the players and being accessible to you guys. I have been delaying closing my DM's for a very long time because it's so important to me that you guys be able to get to me in case you need to. However, this is starting to cause some significant issues with getting everyone taken care of, because of the sheer volume of messages I get in a day.

When I wake up every day and start working, I have somewhere between 250 and 1k messages to look at on discord. I have added so many friends on discord I actually can't add anyone else to seek them out if I need to talk to them. Additionally, people are coming to me directly (before making a ticket) to ask about their specific problem, be it disconnecting or client crashes or account issues or whatever. This causes a ton of issues because, as you can imagine, it's very hard to find those messages again in my sea of DM's. People are constantly changing discord names, and on a good day the discord name won't match the character name anyway. That's why we have the ticket system, it helps us easily find issues that we might not instantly be able to solve and come back to.

Coming to me directly with the full context of an issue, and then making a ticket with none of that context is causing a lot of confusion among staff because I'm the only one that knows the full story. We try to bend the rules to help you guys out when problems arise, and without staff being able to see the context for that in the ticket, they'll respond by taking a hard line and enforcing only the rules, which isn't always the best option. I'll give you an example that happens all the time. Let's say you account share with someone, and they steal your item. You then come to me on discord, and tell me the story, but I'm busy working on other stuff, so I tell you to make a ticket. Usually in these situations, we can try to talk to the other player, or force them to trade the item back. It takes a little longer, and the rules say we shouldn't do it, but it feels good for the players to know the staff can bend the rules.

We will talk about that in the DM's, and then I'll ask you to make a ticket, and you'll make a ticket, which won't have any of the context of that conversation. Then, another staff member will come by, see a ticket with someone about account sharing, respond that we can't help, and close the ticket, because the rules say that we can't help. Now you will be confused, because I said one thing, and another staff member said another. All of this could have been avoided by just making a ticket with the full details in the first place, so that we could talk about it as a group amongst staff and decide to help you. That's what I'm getting at, here. I need you guys to make tickets for issues, and just wait for us to help.

I know it can be annoying, and I know you just want to talk to someone and get it resolved, and I know I'm the first person you want to talk to because I'm accessible and I have the tools to solve most problems you'd have, but that's creating a lot of issues and delays for us. I love having open DM's and I love talking to you guys, and I really value trying to keep that small game energy where you can just talk to the dev directly, and the dev can bend the rules to do the right thing. However, if it begins to cause more problems than it solves, I can't justify doing it anymore. I'm making this post as a last plea for you guys, I don't want to close my DM's and be unavailable to you, and only be able to interact in the discord server/in game/here on the forum, but frankly we have a lot more players now, and developing this game over time is getting more technical and time consuming as we start fixing more complex problems with it.

Here's how you can help me and staff so that I don't have to close my DM's:

• If you have a problem, always make a ticket first, and give us as much context and proof as possible. Try to explain the situation as clearly as you can, and wait for us to deliberate and help.
    • Be sure to attach any screenshots, videos, or logs to your ticket. For screenshots, please send us an imgur link. For videos, please upload to youtube unlisted and send us a link. For log files, please upload to pastebin and send us a link.
    • If you have general questions about patch notes or changes, or how something in the game works, or when things happen, check the forum, and ask other players first. The DBOG players are very helpful in general.
    • Don't DM me asking about ticket updates unless it is an emergency and the server is burning down. This actually slows down our progress, instead of speeding it up. I will help everyone as soon as I can, I promise!

As always, we love you guys and appreciate all your support. We couldn't do any of this without your help! There are some more pretty big changes coming soon, so stay tuned! See you in game!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!