Response to the overflow of discord messages and ticket situation

• Hi Verdant and DBO community.

I wanted to firstly start off I completely understand @Verdant's post, and really appreciate the honesty and transparency you have with the community. It's honestly a privilege we have as a community to be able to DM you. However with that being said, and after reading your situation and gaining more insights (and honestly I'm guilty like everyone else), I actually would like to make a counter request which is for not only yourself, but the entire DBO GR staff to close their DM's.

The reason being, is I know this community and how it operates, and unfortunately I know this announcement won't be enough. Players will still continue to DM you regardless. I've sat on your side of the fence long enough before as game master for DBO G, and I was in the exact same position to the point where I closed my dm's. This was a system the old DBO G staff chose to do to help funnel all support requests to tickets. I know it works. And honestly, I'm guilty like everyone else, where I've dm'd you about things and thinking back I shouldn't have. After reading your post, I felt guilty because I knew I was one of the players who dm you about account issues I shouldn't have.

From an end-game player perspective, I think this is the only solution, and honestly it will help the community the most as someone like me would love for you to concentrate on working on the game rather than dealing with over 9000 dms every day. We all value what you do for the server, the community and the time and effort you put in and we don't want that getting in the way.

Additional suggestions to help the management of the situation:

• All DBO GR staff members, testers, translators, edit your discord profile to contain "Have a DBO GR issue? Please create a ticket: https://forum.dboglobal.to/ticketsystem/". This is how you can help Verdant and save you from repetition and funnel more requests to tickets. Please see my discord profile as an example.
    • The following categories in the ticket system should be assigned to game masters, moderators, community managers and team leaders: Player Report, Account issue (support). bug issue.
    • I'm not sure how the staff is operating in the back end of things, but when I was GM I was assisting Daneos with bug tracking, where if a bug report was made I would test it in-game and put it on trello for him. This was surprisingly really effective, and how the staff can help Verdant.
    • End-game players, let's help in the new players helping players channel as much as we can. We have been around long enough and let's all play our part to help Verdant and the team out. Positing memes on discord can be fun, but honestly I'd rather help players first and post memes later.
    • Please provide a tech support voice chat channel on discord. I would like to go into voice chat and help provide technical support to those in the community that need help, and would even go the mile by blocking out time every week to help those. I'm happy to set up consultations/appointments and do live tech support so I can help players with their issues. All this is for the end-goal to try reduce tickets.
    • The average response time for tickets is currently 8 days 12 hours 20 minutes as of making this post. Let's help Verdant respond to tickets, rather than discord messages so we can shrink down this time.

Thanks everyone for your time to read and looking forward to the positive results we can bring for DBO GR. I'll try to think and implement more solutions for the team over time and thank you for everything you do.

Kind regards,

-Tempest

• The DBOGR operates differently as in the past. We have different plans,different ways to deal with things (depends of priorities) and criteria to help people around.
    Many things are planned and slowly we are adding into the game and staff.

Answering to your suggestions:

- Related to Staff Members: Can be useful, and not. In the end they will always spam around channels and demand for quick solution(and its fine, we have a great and helpful community that helps eachother) also, they can use also the Search button above, because with a bit of search they will have also some answered problems that have been solved already. In this way they won't wait for a reply.
    - On ticket system GM/Mods and Devs are already assigned and they deals already
    - We are already doing bug tracking and also thanks to the players.
    - As Verdant said, probably hence 2.0 is out there will be a public test server. For now we have enough qualified testers for it.
    - Related of average response time for tickets is also because many pages, and many of them doesn't get solved just by a reply, but long investigations so it calculates based on quantity.

Have a great day.

• The average response time for tickets is currently 8 days 12 hours 20 minutes as of making this post. Let's help Verdant respond to tickets, rather than discord messages so we can shrink down this time.

It's only that high because there are tickets that have been pending for quite a while, the average ticket won't take that long to respond to.

• The DBOGR operates differently as in the past. We have different plans,different ways to deal with things (depends of priorities) and criteria to help people around.
    Many things are planned and slowly we are adding into the game and staff.

Indeed it is operating different to in the past. The server is now encountering a different set of challenges than previously, but honestly I see no other solution as I said in my original post because this community will be the same. It's been the same since dbocom (except back then there was no discord /direct line where people could message Citrinate).

Sure, you might have different in-game plans, ideas, and executions, but we are talking about how we can help Verdant achieve this. And going by his post, it's not with the community sending him thousands of DM's every day. That's certainly not the plan according to his post, reading in between the lines here.

- Related to Staff Members: Can be useful, and not. In the end they will always spam around channels and demand for quick solution(and its fine, we have a great and helpful community that helps eachother) also, they can use also the Search button above, because with a bit of search they will have also some answered problems that have been solved already. In this way they won't wait for a reply

Sure, people will always spam channels and ask for help. That's not the problem here. The problem is people directly asking Verdant where it's spoiling the direct line of communication, disrupting his time, and not funneling issues into tickets where things need to be kept. People change discord names, there's a whole heap of reasons as mentioned in his thread.

- On ticket system GM/Mods and Devs are already assigned and they deals already

- We are already doing bug tracking and also thanks to the players.

I'm aware you are already doing bug tracking and helping with tickets but I'm curious into how those bugs are being dealt with. What is your process after they are reported? Where are they kept afterwards so that they can be a list?

For example here is a ticket I submitted of a bug:

image.png

'Yeah it will probably be reworked later so that issue won't interfere with other players'. You provided an answer to my question, but what did you do after this bug report? Was it logged on trello or zoho bug tracker? At least pinned on discord?

- As Verdant said, probably hence 2.0 is out there will be a public test server. For now we have enough qualified testers for it.

I'm confused, I never said there needs to be more testers in this thread? I assume and am sure the ones you guys have are already doing their job, but regardless I'm looking forward to that day.

Indeed the ticket response time is high because there is a lot in pending status or some on-going, but if people are doubling up on discord and spending time dming you then there is less chance those tickets will be answered due to dealing with discord messages from my understanding.

Thank you for your understanding and for providing me with extra insights I really appreciate it.

• Indeed it is operating different to in the past. The server is now encountering a different set of challenges than previously, but honestly I see no other solution as I said in my original post because this community will be the same. It's been the same since dbocom (except back then there was no discord /direct line where people could message Citrinate).

Sure, you might have different in-game plans, ideas, and executions, but we are talking about how we can help Verdant achieve this. And going by his post, it's not with the community sending him thousands of DM's every day. That's certainly not the plan according to his post, reading in between the lines here.

As rude as it may sound, but in this case you will not help at all in the matter that people always DM Verdant. The only solution to this is - Verdant has to close the DM from everyone, but he won't do that because he has said that he likes to interact with people in person. Staff, MODS, Testers and everyone else - even if they write in their description about the ticket as you said, nobody will be interested, because people simply don't read, it will be easier for them to write personally. So here we are talking about nothing and what will never happen.

Sure, people will always spam channels and ask for help. That's not the problem here. The problem is people directly asking Verdant where it's spoiling the direct line of communication, disrupting his time, and not funneling issues into tickets where things need to be kept. People change discord names, there's a whole heap of reasons as mentioned in his thread.

Yes, they have always spammed and will spam. That's how people are and there's nothing you can do about it. But communication is very good and 80% of players will always help, answer questions and so on. As I mentioned earlier - the only way out is for Verdant to close DM. Not many people can understand that you can write a ticket and wait, because people can be busy. If there is an opportunity to directly write to the leader, they will do so, not thinking about everything, but only about themselves.

I'm aware you are already doing bug tracking and helping with tickets but I'm curious into how those bugs are being dealt with. What is your process after they are reported? Where are they kept afterwards so that they can be a list?

For example here is a ticket I submitted of a bug:

image.png

'Yeah it will probably be reworked later so that issue won't interfere with other players'. You provided an answer to my question, but what did you do after this bug report? Was it logged on trello or zoho bug tracker? At least pinned on discord?

And you believe that a bug will be reported and it will be fixed immediately and a new patch released? Do you think such things will make the work of the staff much easier? Don't they have other jobs, lives and affairs to immediately react to the bug and fix it instantly?

• 'Yeah it will probably be reworked later so that issue won't interfere with other players'. You provided an answer to my question, but what did you do after this bug report? Was it logged on trello or zoho bug tracker? At least pinned on discord?

I have a list of bugs I'm constantly rearranging and working on, yes. Don't worry, I'll get it fixed as soon as I can. Right now I'm in the middle of something a bit more important.

• Thank you Tempest for your opinions, evaluations and of course making sure that the doubts disappear. Obviously not all members have the initiative to ask questions, so I hope some doubts have been resolved somehow based on our answers.

Several replies have been given over time, obviously also on discord (which over time went into history) but we have always been positive and happy to get feedbacks from players.

However, if you have further doubts, feel free to ask here or around. It's good to see the forum is going to be active again:saint:

• As rude as it may sound, but in this case you will not help at all in the matter that people always DM Verdant. The only solution to this is - Verdant has to close the DM from everyone, but he won't do that because he has said that he likes to interact with people in person. Staff, MODS, Testers and everyone else - even if they write in their description about the ticket as you said, nobody will be interested, because people simply don't read, it will be easier for them to write personally. So here we are talking about nothing and what will never happen.

Yes, they have always spammed and will spam. That's how people are and there's nothing you can do about it. But communication is very good and 80% of players will always help, answer questions and so on. As I mentioned earlier - the only way out is for Verdant to close DM. Not many people can understand that you can write a ticket and wait, because people can be busy. If there is an opportunity to directly write to the leader, they will do so, not thinking about everything, but only about themselves.

Yes, I think he should close his DM's. Unfortunately, the interacting with the community comes with a price which is the situation that is happening now, where he has to make a plea and announcement to the community to stop. And yes as you said people don't read, which is why this will continue to happen until the staff and Verdant close their DM's.

This is my point and I said this in my original post, that Verdant and all staff should. And I said I've been in the community for a long time and people don't change, as you've repeated my point.

And you believe that a bug will be reported and it will be fixed immediately and a new patch released? Do you think such things will make the work of the staff much easier? Don't they have other jobs, lives and affairs to immediately react to the bug and fix it instantly?

Where in my post, did I say that I believe it would be fixed immediately in the next patch? Don't make assumptions please and don't twist my words.

My point is we can help Verdant by making a bug list. It doesn't have to be fixed right away, but it's making a centralized location for him. It's easier for a developer to do this, and is actually a standard in the industry. Study up on the bug fixing process of game development to further your understanding. Precisely right, they have jobs, lives and affairs where by implementing tracking like this will make their life easier. Which is what happened with Daneos.

I have a list of bugs I'm constantly rearranging and working on, yes. Don't worry, I'll get it fixed as soon as I can. Right now I'm in the middle of something a bit more important.

Thanks V. I just want to help to make sure that you are getting the most out of your helpers as a whole. We as a community need to be able to help you the most we can, and I know you are trying to fix things as soon as you can and are juggling between priorities. I'm just offering in my experience in where I think if people help centralize the bugs for you, in one place.

In the ideal situation:
    Player makes message on discord about bug > they are told by staff to make ticket or staff gains information on bug > it is logged on trello/bugtracker for you to fix.

Player B makes ticket on the same issue > mod / staff can then say it's been logged and noted for you to fix and close ticket.

Those are how those tickets could be handled.

Thank you Tempest for your opinions, evaluations and of course making sure that the doubts disappear. Obviously not all members have the initiative to ask questions, so I hope some doubts have been resolved somehow based on our answers.

Several replies have been given over time, obviously also on discord (which over time went into history) but we have always been positive and happy to get feedbacks from players.

However, if you have further doubts, feel free to ask here or around. It's good to see the forum is going to be active again:saint:

Thanks Lyyne. And thank you for your help with the community and for always putting your time to help players. We are lucky to have you help us.

• Sorry for double post but I just wanted to say the following:

So for those who missed it, Verdant made an announcement:

Hey Everyone,

I know recently you probably saw the announcement about attempting to keep my DM's open and funneling everyone who needs help to the ticket system. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have had the effect I was hoping for, and in fact I'm getting MORE messages than before. It's with a heavy heart that I have to close my discord DM's, so you guys won't all be able to message me anytime. We're just too big now, and I can't keep up with all the messages for help, and keep them organized. I'm sorry everyone, I really do love talking to you all, and I loved being available to you on discord, but you'll still be able to talk to me in the DBOG discord. If I removed you as a friend by mistake, please let me know and I'll get you added back! On the plus side, this means I should have more time to lurk in game and in general chat in discord, so you should see more of me there. In the future we're going to add some features to the ticket system and some discord integration/other tools to help speed up tickets. As always thanks for playing and supporting us! I have a pretty big update that should be ready for you guys in the next week, I think. See you in game!

Thanks for doing this Verdant. I think this will really help the project in the long-run, and thanks for making the sacrifice for the community. A lot of us understand your position and know it wasn't an easy decision, honestly we were lucky you kept your DM's open for as long as you did. Thanks for making the tough decision and for taking on board feedback.

Can't wait to see the future features and integrations to speed up tickets.

Kind regards,

-Tempest

• Exact same experience. Stackoverflow is not a place to ask anymore. If you have a simple problem there is already an answer for it somewhere but if you ask something little more specific the first answers to find you are the ones who will call you stupid and tell you to just don’t do it. I got more help from github issues, and Reddit in the last few weeks than from stackoverflow in the last 8 years.

momix

indigocard.xyz

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!