Event Maps

• Well here i go again, just got done with suggesting stuff for the cash shop, i wasn't supposed to post afterwards, but ended up making this thread as i doubt i'd get this creative or motivated afterwards, it's an artist thing (or just a human trait in general).

So, i don't know how many are familiar with Banjo Kazooie romhacks (ones made by Kurko primarily, Mark Kurko), but those are basically romhacks where you can play as Banjo (protagonist of Banjo & Kazooie) in custom maps or those that are from legend of zelda series, but with textures being replaced by Banjo Kazooie ones, more or less (or simply making the soundfont within Banjo's soundfont).
    I highly doubt this is possible or even recommended within dragon ball online (DBOGR), but such concept would be fun.

Of course, the maps wouldn't be just copy-pasted, but could be used for base or reference, then trying to make it look more original.
    One i'd really like (personally) would be a large event map that'd be like the Termina Field from LoZ Majoras' Mask. It could be used for custom
    event or story, which its own villain. That, and/or used for something like treasure hunting, research, grinding etc
    It would also be pretty entertaining or funny if such maps or worlds had their own version of someone like Goku or Vegeta.

Alternatively (i have a feeling this won't be possible or "not that simple", but i'm giving it a try regardless) an existing overworld map, like the one we enter after leaving from Kokkara village, except it could be perhaps more restricted, slightly changed, mirrored, have different textures, NPCs, mobs, dialogues and soundtrack etc

You could enter such maps via teleportation (like when entering dungeons), either after completing certain quests and talking with the corresponding NPC that sends you there. Some event or story maps like these could require a certain level like 30, 40 or even 70.

I do know (after playing genshin, and i hope that won't trigger anyone) that maps do take space, so this type of event maps could be timed and leave after 1 month or 3 months, and be brought back again within the same year after 3 months or 5 months. Am aware though that there's high chance it's not that easy or even possible within DBOGR, so am prepared for disappointments, but at least i'm having fun suggesting stuff.

Finally (i should keep going but i do have to eat soon and may end up typing way too much), i know a lot of people only care about combat and not so much about stories, but i just...think it'd be worth the effort and time, and perhaps give people unique experience when it comes to modding, working on maps, events, dialogue, plot, story etc

And i know this is risky or simply not possible, but perhaps this type of maps (or ones that are permanent) could have a system where you can reach level 80 or 100 (could show in red or different color) but return to actual level after leaving the map (no level reset since i can see that ending horribly). After reaching those levels you could open a box you receive within such world or event map (same idea with the level box you usually get as a beginner that gives you popo's earrings, exp boost etc). These event level boxes could contain lots of zeni like 5,000,000 or less, items that usually take long to grind, unique small pets, new title and whatnot

• The only concern I have with this suggestion is that knowing the limited resources the team has in terms of development staff, and limited time, it just simply isn't viable or feasible at this point in time.

There is so many more priorities for the team to add in, and when they do get to map development, they would be better off making the unfinished majin map which is in the game files a priority, or restoring sky dungeon. Actual DBO content is more of a priority than modded content.

Again, as emphasized by the team and Verdant multiple times, he can only start doing more creative things once client 2.0 is worked on and released. Until we get things like that, then I don't think we will.

Also not to mention we have been stuck on the Christmas map for 3 months now going on 4 months.

I understand you've acknowledged this is simply not possible, and I do like the idea overall. Hopefully one day this can happen. It would be cool to integrate an idea similar to this but with more a Dragon ball focus, such as making a tournament of power event on that map and 6 guilds with 10 people each get to enter and PVP.

• Oh yes absolutely, this kind of stuff would require a good number of people who have the time, passion and skills to do it, and those who could potentially manage it, they're simply way too busy with other things and i understand that completely.

Gotcha, is there btw, a way to read more about regarding the majin map and sky dungeon? Is there a video that talks about them, or a thread? I am sure i've heard of sky dungeon in the past but never looked deeper with that. And it's fine not to respond to this as this is primarily a place to make suggestions and not ask questions per say, i can try and do some search myself.

Understood, main reason i did point the suggestion regarding maps was to share the idea so people could read it whenever, as i doubt i'd of remembered it the same way few months later, as there'd be no way to tell when i'd remember it again, considering how much stuff i need to focus on. I should of made that more clear so that's on me. Thanks for having the patience to tell me of the situation, i do try to keep up with the news but due to being away so long, i've clearly missed on a lot of things and updates. And big props to the staff on still working on the overall game and its bugs and other matters, i hope y'all are able to keep going and take care of your health in process.

Great point, and thanks for showing interest! I'd be perfectly happy even if it took 3-4 years or something until this matter was discussed more properly and set to motion afterwards, and i'm a bit biased on the PVP so i'm not crazy about it, but can't argue with the tournament of power concept and guilds playing a part in it, definitely sounds awesome, hopefully someday in the future!

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!