How Is the Cash Shop going to work?

• I just realized something: Wouldn't paying for a game that you don't own be a violation of the rights you have to run the server? How would the cash shop work? I'd be inclined to believe that there'd be a complete system overhaul, but how would that work? Why should we have to pay 40$ for a skill reset?! Why the heck would I waste hundreds of dollars on White stones!

God I hate the fact that I used to be a heavy casher XD, but that's besides the point:

What's going to happen to the cash shop upon the full release of the server?

• I just realized something: Wouldn't paying for a game that you don't own be a violation of the rights you have to run the server? How would the cash shop work? I'd be inclined to believe that there'd be a complete system overhaul, but how would that work? Why should we have to pay 40$ for a skill reset?! Why the heck would I waste hundreds of dollars on White stones!

God I hate the fact that I used to be a heavy casher XD, but that's besides the point:

What's going to happen to the cash shop upon the full release of the server?

it's so expensive hahaha I agree on that like for players who still cant suffice their own money like me, a little cheaper might be better. and well I think it's just right for the G Ms to get paid for their hard work xD, they've been working hard for every dbo players out there to revive the game and im thankful for that xD haha

• But I'm saying that it's literally illegal for them to profit from this! This is a private server, and if they charge people in some way they might get sued by Wasabii or Netmarble! (or whoever else has rights to this...) (and wasn't this a non-profit server to begin with?)

I thought they'd implement a system in which perhaps you gain cash similar to how you gain T points, the longer you play the more cash points you get, or perhaps you get cash points from leveling, to encourage more players to make more characters :P

• But I'm saying that it's literally illegal for them to profit from this! This is a private server, and if they charge people in some way they might get sued by Wasabii or Netmarble! (or whoever else has rights to this...) (and wasn't this a non-profit server to begin with?)

I thought they'd implement a system in which perhaps you gain cash similar to how you gain T points, the longer you play the more cash points you get, or perhaps you get cash points from leveling, to encourage more players to make more characters :P

well yeah your right about that xD but hmm they may think that over ^_^ for now we just paid to get the founder packs, (which from my perspective is a premium membership or some sort or early access) im not sure in the future though, they may change how the cash shop works hopefully xD

bruh, do you even english

xDD IKR

Just like all the other pservers that take in donations and are still up and running. Plus why would netmarble care about them making money on a game that is closed.. They have already made alot of money from people wanting to buy founder packs...

• i figured that the founders packs would have a loophole; that it only provides revenue for server development. And you ask why would netmarble sue? For the same reason ANY company would! a private server making money off a game they have no rights for?! Daenis can get the crap sued out of im! xD

point is, ive seen plenty of server revivals fail becayse they stepped too far over the biundries. The moment the server released, the server could very well be shut down, and people moght very well be arrested! This is a seruous issue! :O

• i figured that the founders packs would have a loophole; that it only provides revenue for server development. And you ask why would netmarble sue? For the same reason ANY company would! a private server making money off a game they have no rights for?! Daenis can get the crap sued out of im! xD

point is, ive seen plenty of server revivals fail becayse they stepped too far over the biundries. The moment the server released, the server could very well be shut down, and people moght very well be arrested! This is a seruous issue! :O

Why are you complaining? If you want to support this project do so, if not then leave. Easy as that.

• Why are some of you guys being so rude about his question? Its a legitimate question and responses like this just aren't needed.

Why are you complaining? If you want to support this project do so, if not then leave. Easy as that.

:4thsaiyangoku: :kidgohan: :gotenks: :satan: :kidgohansaiyan: :thirdfrieza: :secondfrieza: :finalfrieza: :firstfrieza: :thirdsaiyangoku: :cellfinal: :saiyangoku: :saiyanvegeta:

First off nobody is likely to be arrested. Worse case scenario the server is shut down. In terms of this project being considered "non-profit" assuming all funds generated are allocated towards server up keep and running of which it is non profit. Though they would not qualify to fall under 501c3 and be tax deductable lol. I worked for a non profit and did my thesis as a senior in college on them so this project definitely can fall under the category of non profit.

About your suing again not likely to happen as it is not that serious and I doubt anyone of the game developers or affialiates of DBO would go to such lengths. Bird Studio could sue but it would be a waste of time, effort, and money, but they very easily could just shut the project down for use of characters names and likeness. If anything this is free marketing though as with many private servers of other games out there. Realistically anyone could sue anyone for anything these days, doesnt mean it would happen because its unrealistic from a legal and business standpoint.

The only thing the team should worry about are trademarks and copyrights of Dragonball/DBZ. Thats what will get them shut down not the server itself.

• Huh... alright....

So then... Let's change the direction of this thread:

Why the hell would we even reinstitute the original cash shop? Do we really wanna establish a pay to win atmosphere, where we need to spend real money to buy a 30 day vehicle, and can purchase all the white stones we want? I don't think it's a wise decision to reestablish what was a already broken system... Is there no way that The server runners could implement a system in which Cash points could be earned in a manner similar to how T shop points are earned? If I recall correctly, There was a massive divide between english speaking players and foreigners, that being that the foreigners would kick our A$%'s in PvP because most of them were heavy cashers, do we really want to encourage the behavior?

• Huh... alright....

So then... Let's change the direction of this thread:

Why the hell would we even reinstitute the original cash shop? Do we really wanna establish a pay to win atmosphere, where we need to spend real money to buy a 30 day vehicle, and can purchase all the white stones we want? I don't think it's a wise decision to reestablish what was a already broken system... Is there no way that The server runners could implement a system in which Cash points could be earned in a manner similar to how T shop points are earned? If I recall correctly, There was a massive divide between english speaking players and foreigners, that being that the foreigners would kick our A$%'s in PvP because most of them were heavy cashers, do we really want to encourage the behavior?

The heavy cashing definitely gave an advantage in PvP but it wasn't the real difference maker of why we would lose. The real reasons are #1 they had a much larger amount of players so a larger statistical chance of winning over us and the big one #2 the ping, an absolutely huge advantage because 99% of the time they would get the first cast in on a stun and could cast spells faster, which was the basis for winning most pvp.

Frankly though I agree eith you Cash Shop should vastly be made irrelevant in making you a far superior player by buying stuff selling things in auction. I do feel it has it's place though. Perhaps making most items bind to you that are in cash shop, or make the big items like dogis and stones become drops in dungeons and tmq. Would give people more reason to play those and make the game more interesting. The reason it failed was endgame there was nothing to do but hang around Korin do a little pvp, cash if you had the means, and find stuff in auction house. Endgame content was crap and thats why DBO had so many quit and ultimately end the servers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!