Let's not forget about The Dragon Balls!

• Another major concern I have regarding the full release is the rate/time of the Dragon ball drop rate/dragon ball hunting periods... How often are people going to be able to hunt for the dragon balls? Will it be permanently? It really hurt us english speaking players who played at polar opposites time zones, and for the most part I was never able to hunt for the darn things (I've only collected all 7 of them once). And this was for two reasons, the first being the one I just mentioned, but also because No matter how many mobs I've killed, I always get unlucky....

What was the original dragon ball drop rate? Is it going to be increased? It really bothered me how transformations/Dragon buffs were left in the hands of luck... Some players never even got to make a single wish, despite being on most of the time! Perhaps there could be a system that would guarantee the User a Dragon ball once every week or so? Or perhaps there could be a system implemented that would incorporate the T-shop?

In my opinion, the Original Dragon ball hunting system was broken.

• Most people did just fine with it (at least in KR and TW, never played in HK), so I wouldn't call it broken, at all. Dragon buffs have long cooldowns and are things that you shouldn't have to depend on to be good. But I suppose Daneos could add 1 free Dragon Ball every two weeks through some kind of free reward system like we had with the Web Depot, since that doesn't sound very unreasonable.

Dragon Ball hunt was all about how good you were at hunting and what kind of methods you used to farm. Most people used popular spots with several supers, such as the dinosaur area in the human map. Personally, I used to dual client a low level character and a turtle hermit at the end of one of the three starter map dungeons, since it has a bunch of supers together and a boss. Basically, do what you gotta do, kill the db mobs that spawn by using the low level character, then quickly log on the character you want to pick up the DB with (which should obviously be ready in that area). It worked really well for me and I never had issues doing it. Also, this can still be done without dual client, it just takes a bit more time and patience.

As for the times, rest assured that it will be taken into consideration. It wouldn't make sense having an english-speaking server that favored Asia timezones. I can see it probably happening during one or two days of the week for a short amount of time and then all day during the weekend, perhaps.

• Yeah, I used to dual client too... I forgot about that Dinosaur Part of the map... That would've saved me crap tons of effort! xD

Did dungeons actually increase the rate at which they drop? I know that supers/ultras/bosses/etc. gave an incredible boost, but would dungeons make a difference? I like the idea you mentioned, how it should be twice a week and all day on weekends, I think that's fair.

Besides the dragon-buffs, didn't the dragon grant OP/TMQ armor? I recall that there were certain sets of armor that could only be obtained through wishes..

What about the addition of wishes? Should we allow people to wish for white stones, for example?

• No, it wasn't about being in a dungeon, it was really just because they are all grouped at the end of it, and it was a nice bonus having a boss there too.

Not TMQ, but it had its own dragon armor set. From what I remember, it wasn't that great. There were a few of the original legendary weapons from the series in the Scramble wishes for the 55 cap (or at least two or three of them that I remember), but they were removed when the new items were implemented there. I personally think those should be brought back there, and maybe even as the strongest weapons in the game (or at least obtainable in some other difficult way).

Depending on the amount, I think wishing for white stones (and other new options) would be a good idea.

• There were a few of the original legendary weapons from the series in the Scramble wishes for the 55 cap (or at least two or three of them that I remember), but they were removed when the new items were implemented there. I personally think those should be brought back there, and maybe even as the strongest weapons in the game (or at least obtainable in some other difficult way).

2nded. The Z-Sword,Power Pole, Bansho Fan (all ancient dragon ball relics in general) should be re-done or crafted in level increments to be the best items. Piccolo should give em out as legendary quest rewards or something, but thats just my wishful thinking.

• You have to hunt 4 lvls higher than you.

Meaning making a new low level character everytime it levels up and getting it ready to be able to farm in that area. To me, that was just too much to bother with and I never saw that much of a difference between that and 3-4 more levels, honestly. Dragon Balls still seemed to drop just as often (from my experience), so the difference must not have been that huge. Of course I would still make a new one after a few levels, though.

• the best way to farm dragonballs was the t-rex area, they were all lvl 20 bosses. wich by then, you had your first tier dragonball armour, wich was very good in offence as in defence. you just had a highlevel friend clearing all the non dragonball bosses while you killed the ones that had a chance on dropping a dragonball. and you shared the dragonballs by leaving them on the ground if you already have it. the drops were pickupabled after 1 minute (same as in rs) for everyone. it was fun to get the 7 magic dragonballs in about 1 hour or less.

i don't know if this will be the same for dragonball global. but we will see

• Oh yeah, there was something about my method that I forgot to mention. I would also cycle through all the channels. So not only did you have a ton of supers and a boss all together, but you also you had them multiplied by the number of channels there were (I think they were 6 channels, it's hard to remember :comcom12: ). It was easily the best way of farming dragon balls in the entire game, so it might even be kind of a taboo for me to be sharing this here :dlol: . Not to mention that it was usually empty, since most people thought the dinosaur area was the best and hogged it all the time.

• In DBO tw, I can have 4 dragonballs in one db hunt time if I'm lucky (average is 2 db per hunt) . And get the next 3 in the other hunt time.
    So basically its all about your method on hunting them.
    A mob with 1 or 2 levels higher than you will be the best.

• People, I respect all your opinions, but I think DB hunts should stay as is it (of course, put convenient hunt periods), Remember gett the transformation/buff/whatever is just a reward for hunting them, not something that people just can earn easily. I know the game industry in these days is (in most cases) all about allways reward the user so gamplay becomes much more comfortable, but I think we should retain the essence of the original DBO.

By the way, I've obtained the dragon balls 2 times, and I just started 1 and a half months before the servers shutdowns. The first one basically with the box method (look for upper level boxes, then kill'em and change channel), the second one was just playing without caring so much.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!