Was an official reason for the game's shut down ever given?

• I've been searching for a while and can't find one.
    I was curious as to why the official servers shut down before the game could make it to the west or Japan.
    Feels weird that a Dragon Ball MMO never came out in Japan, nor made it to the West where the Dragon Ball hype is even bigger than it is in Japan. Was wondering if there was a legal reason for the shut down or something, cus people would need to be crazy to shut it down for any other reason.

• I'm not sure about the official reason DBO shut-down but I read that DragonBall Online Was shutdown due to money issues and they went bankrupt. They had little money to work with and eventually the developers were getting lazy with what they had and so they stopped updating and thus DBO Ended up where it is today. I think DBO didn't reach Japan and the West is because they where still working on the game and since due to money issues it didn't end up reaching Japan and the West.

• I don't remember the details, but my guess is that it had some legal problems (what problems? Who knows...), and due to that, it never came to Japan, and due to that, it never came to the rest of the world, and due to that, Akira Toriyama disliked the idea of Japanese kids being unable to play the game and stopped collaborating on the project as soon as his contract finished or whatever, and due to that game stopped receiving updates, and due to that they shut it down.

Anyways, that's just my guess, and what do I know? That was just a logical mixture I made of everything I saw and heard about it.

The only ''official'' reason I've read is DBO Taiwan page saying they would stop the DBO servers due to no new updates and that's all.

• The company had little to no financing because they were working on many different things, which ate up their resources. Stupidly enough, instead of asking for donations they added a 'sale' in which obviously, little to no extra donations were added.

The company went bankrupt and the game's servers were shut down. Though, I'm certain if they just asked for some financial support it would still be up and running today.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!