"lv 10 and higher has been increased by 50%" - Why?

• Quote from Daneos

* Update- Required EXP to level up for lv 10 and higher has been increased by 50%.

That sounds... I don't know.
    Ok, I agree that its quiet easy to get to level 30 but some areas are troublesome & a big headache. I am personally not a fan of grinding mmo's. Level 45-55 was a nightmare on the TW & HK version of the game.

Clarify yourself ;(

• Well, shit. Time to crank up the big guns by making mods that grant EXP of 75% or higher.

You with me, bro? Plus, Brodaneos is making leveling nearly impossible. I'd say we do the honors of requesting him to remove the 50% increased EXP required, and add a 15% decrease on EXP Required for leveling up.

Man, this game is going to be a Grinding Hell to after it releases. We need to stop this now. Bring out the EXP mods, Bots, as much we have and grind to Kami until he removed the 50% increase. ^^

Old timer Dragon Ball Online veteran since 2012/2013, ten-eleven years of playing the MMORPG. Nowadays, i can play this game on or off due to my renewed interest through videos and updates, etc. Proud Krillin founder player since pre-open beta days.

Also i'm a big fan of Treasure Planet, so if you see me running around in DBOG with a character looking like Jim from that movie, you'll know its me.

i can't help but to show my interest for jim hawking in this movie he is so hot lol

• I'd be happy if they just changed it so enemies 10 levels above you give more xp than enemies at your level. I mean really level 22 fighting a level 27 monster you get 175 xp while if you fought a level 22 at level 22 you would get 260 xp. Why punish players for wanting to fight enemies that are more of a challenge.

• I'd be happy if they just changed it so enemies 10 levels above you give more xp than enemies at your level. I mean really level 22 fighting a level 27 monster you get 175 xp while if you fought a level 22 at level 22 you would get 260 xp. Why punish players for wanting to fight enemies that are more of a challenge.

I agree. Like in Dragon Quest Heroes or KH, you get more EXP by killing strong monsters. So, to the developer, why you want to punish up players for this update instead of improving the Monsters' EXP gain cap for strong ones? It makes no sense and point to increasing the level cap required to 50%, he should of switched to for the Monsters' EXP count you get.

Old timer Dragon Ball Online veteran since 2012/2013, ten-eleven years of playing the MMORPG. Nowadays, i can play this game on or off due to my renewed interest through videos and updates, etc. Proud Krillin founder player since pre-open beta days.

Also i'm a big fan of Treasure Planet, so if you see me running around in DBOG with a character looking like Jim from that movie, you'll know its me.

i can't help but to show my interest for jim hawking in this movie he is so hot lol

• I know Daneos, but this isn't the right way to do that. Here is another method, make the enemies stronger and have more rewarding EXP, rather than making the game long-term with just one change. It will make the game challanging, yes and this is the proper solution.

My advice is you don't use padding, Daneos. Padding makes the game longer and adds no real innovation and playability. The root of the problem lies on the Enemies' EXP drop rates, you increase the drop rate while you increase the difficulty of the enemy. This is the right way to do it. The wrong way is padding.

Not being angry with you, but i am giving you advice, and being helpful towards you.

• Well, I've expressed my opinion before, but just leaving it here, in case anyone else agrees.

I think temporary level caps (around 2 weeks) would be a better and more acceptable way to do this, in my opinion. Even upon reaching the cap, people still stick around having fun and especially competing in Budokai and Dojos. It would get very frustrating (even more for newcomers) to force people to grind mobs every level, just to unlock some more quests.

• Well, I've expressed my opinion before, but just leaving it here, in case anyone else agrees.

I think temporary level caps (around 2 weeks) would be a better and more acceptable way to do this, in my opinion. Even upon reaching the cap, people still stick around having fun and especially competing in Budokai and Dojos. It would get very frustrating (even more for newcomers) to force people to grind mobs every level, just to unlock some more quests.

To Kirito: Yes. It's also a good idea to add temporary Level Caps. Because, it would reduce the frustration with players who grind all day. Or, i shall say, add Both Temporary Level Caps and Increase the EXP gained after killing stronger monsters. Or in my case, reduce the EXP by Leveling Up to 45% so it will be way easier to level up like in most RPG games.

Padding is not a proper solution and it'll never help the game even more enjoyable and unique. Padding makes the game even boring and less fun and makes the player frustrated and angry. Remember: The root of the problem must be replaceed or totally removed with a better solution by decreasing the cap to Level Up by 65%, Make Temporary Level Caps possible, and even Making EXP drops even more rewarding by increasing the Enemies' stats.

I agree with Kirito, and my acceptance of his advice makes me wanna fight back the change he has brought in.
    Until, the change was reversed or replaced by a better one.
    This is total advice from me, and i am not a game developer by any standards, but i think Padding is the wrong way to do this.

• Temporary level caps are easily the way to go in my opinion, it would take times for people to get there without having to feel "rushed", while being able to take small break when reaching the level cap, it just feels so much better rather than fucking the whole xp curve and quest sytem by slowing the xp down

• To be honest with you guys, I think that what Daneos made here is quite correct. This will not only make people stand in between the same levels (when the server opens to public) but will also give new players the ability to learn and understand the game better from pro players that will have to stick together in order complete some of the difficult quests,TMQs etc.

Of course this will be "a highway to hell" at later levels and the grinding will be too much but it will also be more fun in terms of social interaction with the majority of the players you meet. It won't just be 2 people in the same zone, waving and then "never see you again".
    Gaining a level won't be just a stepping stone in order to get better but will be an achievement that will fill you with happiness that sadly will last 2 minutes, when you add points to your skills :P, after that you'll be back to the railroad to hit the level-cap which is one of the Ultimate Achievements of the PvE world.
    Also what Daneos said earlier, that the game will have a longer life. What if you hit 70 in a week and then get bored? You might not have anything to do and don't like PvP. You will stop playing sonner than you thought. Leveling is the journey and level-cap is the destination, and like the saying "It is not the destination but the journey that matters" ..

Lastly I also agree that the stronger monsters should yield more exp and even more if we are lower level for killing them softly.

P.S. Daneos if you finally implement this at the public server when it opens, then you might consider that the mobs aren't enough in the areas and that they might need their cousins to come back from their vacation and populate the areas because there will be more people of the same level range there ;)

• but will also give new players the ability to learn and understand the game better from pro players that will have to stick together in order complete some of the difficult quests,TMQs etc.

Ok i'm a god player and i dont want to play with new players because they're cancer and they will slow me down , and what the f#ck there's nothing to understand on this game , its a 1 click to win game

P.S to all new players : All what you have to do is 1 click and you're winner.

• I can see where you're coming from and can agree to an extent. As a slow leveler myself, that does mean I will be playing longer regardless of the outcome. However, I played the Korean version when the cap was 55 and know the horror of buying repeatable quests from merchants and grinding the same mobs over and over and over again to gain those last levels. Grinding is very boring and gets extremely old in the process. While this never stopped me from playing, I would like to be rewarded for my grind with a fair amount of experience from a quest rather than just the mobs themselves.

• Ok i'm a god player and i dont want to play with new players because they're cancer and they will slow me down , and what the f#ck there's nothing to understand on this game , its a 1 click to win game
    P.S to all new players : All what you have to do is 1 click and you're winner.

So you are a god player but you also want the game to be as easy for the newbees as it is for you. That won't make you a god player anymore though.

Kirito wrote:

Almost no one got bored after hitting 70. Most of the interesting things were after hitting cap. Say goodbye to casuals (good chunk of players), because they probably won't stick around for a grindfest. lol

I believe that they won't think that DBOG is on the same page as Xenoverse and League of Legends..It's an MMORPG and these kind of games, tend to have a way of hitting you where it hurts, leveling. But it is rewarding as you say, you will feel more rewarded for hitting that hard-all-i-want-for-christmas-is-70..

• I can see where you're coming from and can agree to an extent. As a slow leveler myself, that does mean I will be playing longer regardless of the outcome. However, I played the Korean version when the cap was 55 and know the horror of buying repeatable quests from merchants and grinding the same mobs over and over and over again to gain those last levels. Grinding is very boring and gets extremely old in the process. While this never stopped me from playing, I would like to be rewarded for my grind with a fair amount of experience from a quest rather than just the mobs themselves.

Exactly, and I had forgotten all about the grind from those quests. It was really the worse DBO had ever seen; glad they removed them.

As far as the leveling goes, I don't want to experience that one again...I hope I don't see some of those nightmares again..Bad bad bad quests !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!