"lv 10 and higher has been increased by 50%" - Why?

• @Vall Why would anyone compare it to Xenoverse or.. League? It's obvious that's not going to happen, since they're not the same type of game. I've played plenty of different MMORPG's and people who also have will compare it to those, and even more to the original DBO, which even had some annoying areas.

Most MMO's, while there's grinding involved, there isn't pure mob-grinding every single level just to unlock some more quests in almost all of them; that would be ridiculous. Then as you get higher and it scales up even more, people will just not feel like it's worth it, especially with the fact that there are games like these out there with much better engines. In fact, comparisons won't even be needed for anyone to reach this conclusion. This just won't apply to die-hard fans, though.

There's making things harder and more satisfying to achieve, which I enjoy, and then there's making them unnecessarily dragged out and time-wasting. This falls into the latter category.

Also, you say you don't want to see those daily quests again, but what he's saying is that doing those is exactly the same effect we'll get from this huge change in the exp curve.

Edit: If running out of quests only happened every 30 levels or so, and then dungeons gave a much larger amount of experience (much like a certain mmo I know), then maybe most would be fine with it.

• Withou 200% exp boosters you grind the whole fuking day and you dont level up .. now we will need even more EXP O.o !!?? Man please no ! This is a very bad step in my opinion. IDK if you played the old version of KR DB. There, when you completed all quests you had like half bar done only and you had to buy rep. quests. What it takes you now to get to lvl 70 before it took you to get to level 35. But a lot of people didn't like it so NTL decided to change the whole leveling system. So please don't make it like it was before. It really sucked

// To make it more fun i would add some BOSS mobs liek the dragon one which would drop idk upgrade stones/cheap dogis or some event items

• Danoes I've made 3 30s on your server. The exp where it's at is fine and completely DBO like.

This is not a good move.
    People will drop DBO so fast. Why make us grind. What is it your after with this change?

Thank you!
    I just want to make one character, focus on it, level it, gear it... And enjoy the game. It will be slow, fun & rewarding w/o the exp change.
    I, myself am an old school player. Won 2nd places on the TW server, done CC & most of the dungeons. My goal in DBO Global will be to make one, strong character & beat every TMQ (did), dungeons (the lvl70's one I didn't beat all of em) & the CC Battle Dungeon! After that I might log in from time to time to have random "fun" I guess.

After a discussion the required exp will not be changed.
    However we will come up with an idea to "fix" the lvl up system since retail dbo kind of failed there.

I don't know. There are lots of quests in DBO. Most of them aren't done because of the small rewards. You could try and re-balance the EXP needed for level upping & the EXP given by quests. Make it worthwhile. Eliminate grinding (which is kinda faster than questing from 44-55lvl), should make the game longer since quests take a lot of time to be completed. (killing mobs, collecting, travelling... Waiting for them to re-spawn... etc)

• Much better If the quest Exp rewards will be higher. Leveling up in DBO is so tiring and sometimes annoying.
    Grinding TMQ's at lvl 44-55 NO MORE!

My suggestion is:
    -Raise the Exp receive from quest and mobs.

But what they want to do is make leveling slower. Now the current plan is to come up with a way of doing that, but without forcing people to grind mobs after running out of quests every level.

I think the best would probably be to make people complete all the quests in the map, before being able to continue to the next one. The only problem is that we'll first have to make sure every single quest is working + most likely translated as well. That would take quite a while longer.

• But what they want to do is make leveling slower. Now the current plan is to come up with a way of doing that, but without forcing people to grind mobs after running out of quests every level.
    I think the best would probably be to make people complete all the quests in the map, before being able to continue to the next one. The only problem is that we'll first have to make sure every single quest is working + most likely translated as well. That would take quite a while longer.

How about making the leveling quest fast in Level 1-30 and from level 31, leveling will be slow.
    I mean, the passive skills you gain from level 30 are the bread and butter of the game.
    You do not want people to quit over a slow leveling system.
    That's one of the reasons why I quit most of the MMO games I played for the past 7 years.
    Private server features is a must.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!