"lv 10 and higher has been increased by 50%" - Why?

• But what they want to do is make leveling slower. Now the current plan is to come up with a way of doing that, but without forcing people to grind mobs after running out of quests every level.
    I think the best would probably be to make people complete all the quests in the map, before being able to continue to the next one. The only problem is that we'll first have to make sure every single quest is working + most likely translated as well. That would take quite a while longer.

Kirito, think i may have a idea for this. Back in the oldest version of Korea DBO, when a person ran out of quest there were mobs in certain area's that allowed you to do repeatable quests called Rep quests that rewarded you good amount of exp untill you reached your next level, which was then repeated again next level after running out of quests again. this was back in lvl 50 cap. Hope this information helps because i feel like the data of those system is still in the server files just needs to be unlocked again as the npc's that gave out those quests still around :).

2li7sbl.png

IGN: Nanashi LVL: 70 Sword Master
    IGN: Madino LVL 70 Dark Warrior
    IGN: MadKarma LVL 25 Wonder Majin

• Kirito, think i may have a idea for this. Back in the oldest version of Korea DBO, when a person ran out of quest there were mobs in certain area's that allowed you to do repeatable quests called Rep quests that rewarded you good amount of exp untill you reached your next level, which was then repeated again next level after running out of quests again. this was back in lvl 50 cap. Hope this information helps because i feel like the data of those system is still in the server files just needs to be unlocked again as the npc's that gave out those quests still around :).

We already mentioned that in this thread. That kind of repetitive grind is exactly what we're trying to avoid (and it was also expensive to keep buying those quests).

• Easy you want metagame... this game have that but it dosent work like tmq...ud...pvp...tournament... it have it just fix it like all the succes World of warcraft private servers they dont focus on fix all the quest they just give to the ppl what they most like... All classes skills and the bands... pvp working perfectly... they also make events sometimes... and they meanwhile the players can reach the cap lvl harder or not they have a metagame meanwhile they fixing all the quests... bugs... etc they focus on the entretaiment to keep players getting more pvp score and nobody says a shit if found a bug quest they just keep on... report the quest and goes ahead to reach cap lvl for play high lvl maz and pvp arenas.

My point is: Focus on entretaiment for the low lvls (dragon balls serching and wishes, tmq, little mazes) and for that ones who reach the cap lvl (ud, tournament or pvp rank battles) and obiusly before that get to the palyers more skills with the subclasses and look for all that works correctly... because so many reach cap lvl so its not such a problem like boring once you get it and stay in tatamy all day... and meanwhile all that its funccional u can focus on quest and another bugs... i mean u have a playable server allredy so entretain players who play it .

PD : sorry about my english really it sucks jeje i hope us understand me its just an opinion :)

• Open beta start the level cap at 30. Every maintenance (2 weeks? Idk)bump it up 3 levels and give us content up to that level.
    Daneos gets his dbolifespan plus time to fix things right and prepare the next patch of levels. This way questing won't be boring and the game would be a little more enjoyable with everyone around the same level.

So open beta we would all play intill we hit 30
    Two weeks later it's time to get 33
    Two weeks after that lets get 36

We all get to play. Daneos gets what he wants. Win/Win
    That and I think every class will have at least one chance to shine with this lifespan idea. Idk.

And I know most of you want transformations asap but waiting is worth the game being better overall and a small sacrifice we can all make

• I think this is especially good for the beta as it would give us time to closely examine and take note of everything a few levels at a time to find any bugs that may still need to be worked out rather than flooding the server with hundreds of people who are just racing towards the lvl cap.

• While I'm all up for temp caps, as you know, I think 3 levels per 2 weeks is a bit too little. I wouldn't go as low as 30, but if that were to happen, I'd at least want 31 so that the exp from the adult/master class/flight quests wouldn't go to waste. Still, I think maybe starting off with 40 and increasing 10 levels every 2 weeks would be okay (or 5 every week).

• I like that idea. Maybe 5 levels per 2 weeks? Why not? Even 3 levels are ok with me.
    I wanna bring some friends with me this time and this way I'd have lots of time to teach them & play with them. They won't feel "left behind" if there's a cap (everyone's gonna be around the same level).

Plus it's more acceptable for newcomers to go little by little. Also with this cap the old school players can still have fun by grinding TMQ1 & TMQ2 gear, UD1 gear, doing kid budokai, adult budokai on early levels... It would be a different (from high level) but fun experience.
    Usually people rush to max level & then start gearing, this way we'd gear up for every cap.

Also for people that are having second thoughts about choosing their main race/class, this will be nice~

P.S - The idea with "clear every quest before moving onto the next map" is not bad either~

• Yes cause maybe you're the one who get to lvl max 50 and then don't level anymore ... Who leveled to 70 know that grinding is very annoying !

If people focus on playing 10 characters - yes it can be hard and boring, but if You focus on one... c'mon Goku hard trained all the time... I would love low rate of exp!:P

About level cap at start
    I would like to see 70 level at start.... why?
    Becouse at (for example) 50 level, class ,, A'' have bad skills but ,, B'' got great. People start to make class ,,A'' to win budokai, PvP fights etc.
    For one moment people will say that this class is OP and start rage.
    Iam type of player that doesn't care about gear until I get max level (waste of Zennis) quest/drop gear is good until You level cap.
    BUT if there will be 70 level cap but small exp rate i would probably buy gear at for example 30 level, 50 and than 70.
    With fast exp players who's got 70 level fast, start to get gear to win all contents. It would be rat race.

• I know Daneos, but this isn't the right way to do that. Here is another method, make the enemies stronger and have more rewarding EXP, rather than making the game long-term with just one change. It will make the game challanging, yes and this is the proper solution.

My advice is you don't use padding, Daneos. Padding makes the game longer and adds no real innovation and playability. The root of the problem lies on the Enemies' EXP drop rates, you increase the drop rate while you increase the difficulty of the enemy. This is the right way to do it. The wrong way is padding.

Not being angry with you, but i am giving you advice, and being helpful towards you.

I like this idea somehow, since dragonball is full of fighting and skill testing it makes sense in a way ... :)

And I'm always excited to challenge myself whenever I see somekind of strange super mob, I always want to kill it and see what reward I get and actually in every MMO I'm quite dissatisfied most of the time with the low reward.

So this would make this game somewhat special and give a cool bonus towards special mobs/more difficult mobs with better item/experience rewards :)

Grtz Oxraider

• Like selfkaiHarness said, making more difficult/more challenging mobs with better experience/item rewards will solve the problem and also make the game more challenging to get lvl up why in the meantime it also solves the problem with high lvl gear at lvl 50 or anything lower since it will be needed and getting used to equip just because you will actually need it to get a more easier walkthrough the game because the mobs will be more challenging :D

So it solves a lot of problems that pretty much any other MMO lacks in :)
    This way partying together with random other players will also likely more happen since everyone would definitely feel the difficulty whenever you're not properly armoured out :)

Also like this the item and armour shops will be at least more used then :)
    Unless you get an awesome drop offcourse :)
    This way gathering up zeni would make more sense too :D
    Because you will really need it to buy stuff every now and then :D
    But I would recommend selling better stuff too then in the shops :)

Grtz Oxraider

• You are right. Like i said, making the game better by Making Mobs More difficult would end up in great rewards, ends up challenging in a such a way that armor is mandatory in order to keep your HP from decreasing in a fast rate. It will make the player less bored, and more like an intense fight that it's more worth it than padding the game a bit longer.

It makes rewards actually makes you feel successful and accomplished, like you won a hard fight against the Final Boss. That is a good thing. Padding makes the game less fun and exciting, it adds nothing, it makes no sense, it makes you feel really bored and dumb. and it adds unnecessary length to the game that should not be there. It also adds less replay value in there to make it even less memorable. Padding isn't a good way to do that.

Adding a spark of difficulty and reward makes it even more fun and shortens the game. It adds replay value which makes the game more memorable, fun to play without repetition, and you can play it over and over again without getting bored. Adding and tweaking a simple thing, can be fun in the right way and in the direction if done right. If done in a wrong way, it makes the game so boring and repetitive that leaves the player in no point to progress anymore.

Thank you Oxraider for supporting my idea. It's the best one i have. Hopefully, this effective idea would take part in thew future of DBOG for months to come.

Old timer Dragon Ball Online veteran since 2012/2013, ten-eleven years of playing the MMORPG. Nowadays, i can play this game on or off due to my renewed interest through videos and updates, etc. Proud Krillin founder player since pre-open beta days.

Also i'm a big fan of Treasure Planet, so if you see me running around in DBOG with a character looking like Jim from that movie, you'll know its me.

i can't help but to show my interest for jim hawking in this movie he is so hot lol

• It really is a good idea and also not to forget: making the game more padding will only scare away new people because they will say they have a much too long way to go to reach maximum lvl and enjoy the games end-game experiences and people with kids or not much game time for themselfs will also not play it because they know it takes months to only reach that lvl 70 game experience.

Also isn't that what's dragonball is all about ?
    always fighting the stronger foe than yourself and getting the right equipment (lighter, harder, etc) and preparing in gravity machine or something to keep up with your next big challenging target ... :)

Grtz Oxraider

• While I'm all up for temp caps, as you know, I think 3 levels per 2 weeks is a bit too little. I wouldn't go as low as 30, but if that were to happen, I'd at least want 31 so that the exp from the adult/master class/flight quests wouldn't go to waste. Still, I think maybe starting off with 40 and increasing 10 levels every 2 weeks would be okay (or 5 every week).

Your missing the point, the reason I suggested it so low was becuase we don't really have an idea how fast daneos will dish out said content.
    i was just throwing an idea out there from what ive seen since DBOG started. I'm sure Daneos has his own plan on how he's going to do things but if he did do something like this, players can play, devs will have more time to work on content around that area.

Or do you want a cap to 40 without the meat and potatoes of DBO?
    Right now we can get as high as 70, the only dungeon that works is RP1
    ...but to be fair its not open beta yet.

I dont know about the rest of you but if I was new to the game I would rather be trapped in a cap when I can do content up to that cap.
    Then roam free up to level 50+ missing out on the game and not knowing what UD or TMQ is. DBOG is supposed to be more for the new and the never before players.

Yeah I want to be OP, yeah I want to get cap as fast as possible, but I dont want to be a super saiyan pedestrian while I do it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!