One character sound failure

• I created 3 characters now. Only my first character is having sound issues which is that there is no sound effects, only background music. The other characters work fine. Any suggestions?

• Hey Vilrin,

This is a known client bug. Just log out back to the char select screen (DON'T CLOSE THE GAME) and then re-enter from there. That will reset your sound. We'll have that fixed asap in the new client!

I have tried this and my 1st character alone still has no sound effects

• I have tried this and my 1st character alone still has no sound effects

I don't know if this helps but I've noticed that changing my game settings(especially resolution) and alt + tabbing seem to exasperate that sound bug. If I get my settings where I want them, then go out to character select and avoid alt + tab I seem to get the bug much less often.

P.S. Verdant Is there a way to force the game client to run in borderless window mode? I found a thread talking about it and it looks like, at least then(5 years ago), it wasn't possible without a third party application?

• It sounds like you messed up the process, I promise that works. That's currently the only known sound bug in the game.

It isn't possible to mess that up. Log out, relog. I have tried resetting sound settings, logging into different servers, switching from one character to another, and every time the only character with no sound is the first one I created.

• It isn't possible to mess that up. Log out, relog. I have tried resetting sound settings, logging into different servers, switching from one character to another, and every time the only character with no sound is the first one I created.

You'd be surprised how many people close the client, or log out completely. Can you take a video of what you're doing?

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!