Game won't start(Idk why but Fixed)

• For some reason my game won't start today. The launcher works fine but when the game exe starts up, it just hangs on the screen of Korin's tower. It doesn't freeze, the music still plays, the orb above the miracle water still bobs up down but the character screen never loads. The strangest thing is it worked fine yesterday. I made two characters and played for hours but when I tried this morning I get this. I was going to report having an item that I couldn't get rid of but I guess that isn't all that important now. I'm going to try deleting the game files and redownloading but I am afraid this might be something server side.

• Nimwae

Changed the title of the thread from “Game won't start” to “Game won't start(Idk why but Fixed)”.
  • Actually that never occurred to me...

Redownloading seems to have worked though. I just played for about 20 minutes, restarted the game/relogged and it's still working. Oddly enough that piece of gear that I couldn't sell or destroy yesterday just trashed fine.

Okay! We'll be on the new client soon and we'll be able to debug things like this more easily. Have fun playing!

• Okay! We'll be on the new client soon and we'll be able to debug things like this more easily. Have fun playing!

I never really got a chance to play when the game was live so I am having a blast, thanks for hosting the server and updating the game. I've noticed the item bug a couple more times. It happens when I sell multiple items to a vendor, sometimes one item doesn't sell and keeps the crossed out O symbol. Then I can't sell it, trash it or even move it in the inventory. Relogging fixes it though.

• I never really got a chance to play when the game was live so I am having a blast, thanks for hosting the server and updating the game. I've noticed the item bug a couple more times. It happens when I sell multiple items to a vendor, sometimes one item doesn't sell and keeps the crossed out O symbol. Then I can't sell it, trash it or even move it in the inventory. Relogging fixes it though.

Maybe you are spamming it too fast? I've never run across items refusing to sell. How's your internet connection?

• Maybe you are spamming it too fast? I've never run across items refusing to sell. How's your internet connection?

I don't know how to check my ping in game but I don't think that is it. I usually have ~60mb/s download and 10mb/s upload. You might be right about the spam selling causing it though. All three times it happened I was selling a couple dozen items(had to fill the sell slots two to three times) fairly rapidly. Afterword the item behaved like it was still in the vendor window until I relogged.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!