Pre-Open Beta FAQ

• Hello.

Since there have been a lot of questions about the Pre-Open Beta, I decided to make this FAQ (after I got the green light from Daneos) in order to help the community and gather, if not all, then most of the answers to the questions that were made in the Pre-Open Beta Discussion thread.

I would like you to read the questions and answers with focus so that you don’t miss anything.

Q = Question asked.
    A = Answer given by the DBOG Dev team.

Now let’s get started !

Q : How many people will be able to play on the server.
    A : The server capacity will be 500 people online but it will be increased if needed.

Q : Will the master class be available on the Pre-Open Beta?
    A : The master class is now available.

Q : Will founders have an advantage over non-founder accounts?
    A : No, everyone is going to be treated equal.

Q : How long will the Pre-Open Beta last?
    A : Until we get all the information we need and then move on to the Open Beta.

Q : Will the founder accounts keep their characters after the Pre-Open Beta ends?
    A : No, all characters, on all accounts (founders and non founders) will be deleted after the Pre-Open Beta BUT the Open Beta won’t have a wipe, so you can keep your characters and names along with their gear.

Q : In the Pre-Open Beta, which is going to be the level cap?
    A : The level cap in the Pre-Open Beta is going to be 70.

Q : Will the founders get their founder dogis and mounts in the Pre-Open Beta?
    A : No, the founders will get their founder dogis and mounts only on Official release. We want to create something different for them and not recolor some of the existing dogis.

Q : Where can I download the game?
    A : You can download the game from here .

Q : Do I need to update the game using the DBOG Launcher?
    A : Yes. When an update is added into the game, you should update your client or else you won't be able to see the changes or be able to login into the game.

Q : Can I download the game now so it’s ready for the launch of the Pre-Open Beta?
    A : Yes, you can download it and wait until we give you more information on what to do.

Q : Will quests and leveling be available?
    A : Yes, however not all quests are working.

Q : Can I use my character from the dev/test server?
    A : No, you can’t do that because the server will wiped and then re-opened as the Pre-Open Beta server. Everything will be wiped/deleted. In conclusion the dev/test server will be no more.

Q : Is the Pre-Open Beta available to everyone?
    A : Yes, the Pre-Open Beta is open for everyone, founder or not, you will be able to play.

Q : When will the Pre-Open Beta start?
    A : The Pre-Open Beta is already online and people are already playing.

Q : The remaining bugs (quests and others) from the dev/test server, will they be fixed before the Pre-Open Beta?
    A : Some of them yes and some of them, no. We are working to deliver a bug-free game.

Q : Will we be able to experience UD(Ultimate Dungeons), TLQ(Time Leap Quests for Passive Skills) and TMQ(Time Machine Quests)?
    A : Not from the start, but as we progress they will become available. TLQs and UDs are now available.

• Q : I can't enter the TLQ portal, what should I do?
    • A : Currently there is a limit. Only 50 people per time can go into a TLQ. Try to go into the portal in an other channel.
    • Q : TLQ quest freezes/nothing happens, what should I do?
    • A : This is due to a bug on the network which we are currently working on. You have to relog to restart the TLQ. Also changing channels, not one-shotting the mobs (use auto attack) and not rushing through the cutscenes, helps alot.
    • Statement : UDs 1-6 have been added to the game.

Q : Will Shenron be able to give more than just one wish?
    A : No.

Q : In the Pre-Open Beta, will founders have 999.999 cash shop coins?
    A : No.

Q : Will the Adult Quest be available?
    A : The Adult Quest is now available.

Q : What about the Flying quest?
    A : Flying quest is available.

Q : Will you increase the experience needed to level-up after level 10?
    A : No, the required experience will stay as it is. So no increase will be implemented.

Q : Will the Pre-Open Beta have only one channel?
    A : No. There are many channels that you can join. If your regular channel is offline, then join another one.

Q : Will there be changes at the Upgrade System?
    A : Yes, the Upgrade System will be updated because the current rates were just set to me temporary.

Q : How are we going to get Cash Shop Coins?
    A : Cash Shop Coins can be bought with real money. Maybe in the future we will allow people to sell Cash Shop Coins for ingame money(Zeni) .

Q : Will guilds/clans be available in the Pre-Open Beta?
    A : Yes, they will be available.

Q : What’s the difference between Pre-Open Beta and Open Beta?
    A : After the Pre-Open Beta, we will have a wipe (deleting all characters and their data). After the Open Beta, there won’t be such a thing. Pre-Open beta still lacks in features that will come from time to time. Open Beta will have everything. We just need to fix the bugs and make some fine tunings.

Q : How can I report the bugs that I find on the Pre-Open Beta server?
    A : You can report the Bug Section of the forum or by creating a ticket.

Q : When will the full game be released to the public?
    A : It’s still unknown because we want to deliver a stable game and in order for that to happen we have to fix the bugs and find the appropriate changes.

Q : Will the Cash Shop Coins and all the items disappear from our accounts?
    A : Yes, Everything is going to be wiped/deleted.

Q : Will we have a Cash Shop at Pre-Open Beta?
    A : Yes, the Cash Shop is now online and you can buy dogis and other stuff. When the Pre-Open Beta ends and everything gets wiped, you will be refunded all the Cash Coins/Points you donated so that you can spend them in Open Beta.

Q : Will I be able to play even though I’ve never played this game and I just created my account?
    A : Yes. You will be able to play.

Q : Is the Dragon Ball Hunt ready so that you can enable it whenever you want?
    A : The Dragon Ball Hunt is ready and already implemented into the Pre-Open Beta. You can read more about it here and here.

Q : Will the GMs give items and stuff to players in the Pre-Open Beta and Open Beta?
    A : No. If a GM gives items or helps a player he will be removed from his position.

Q : How many Pre-Open Beta servers will be online?
    A : Just one with 500 people capacity that may increase if it’s needed.

Q : Will you consider having everyone starting with the Flight Skill?
    A : No, that would imbalance the game and remove some of the features of the game, like questing.
    But we added the Flight Passive Skill in the Cash Shop for everyone to get. You must be lvl30 to use it.

Q : Will we be using the DBOG Launcher to access the Pre-Open Beta?
    A : Yes. The Launcher is essential for updating your client with the upcoming updates.

Q : Who is going to be a GM? Are they gonna be players?
    A : The GMs are Mods who got chosen to be a GM, and can also be a players. Future GMs are not allowed to push their own character and we will disable trading etc. for GMs too. On the Official Launch, you will see GMs only for the events.

Q : Will the game be in English and will other languages be added in the future?
    A : Most of the game is translated in English. Our translation team is working hard to bring this to you. Some of the quests will have to be translated though. Other languages will be added in the future but we aim for the English translation first.

This thread will be updated every time a new answer is being given by the DBOG dev team and when an update occurs.

Thank you ;)

• Thank you for finally releasing the game of my dreams. Good job.

But I have one tiny question:
    This is the looks of my launcher K2wiStd.jpg
    Currently it updates and everything is fine with it. But is this is the LEGIT launcher that we'll use to try the pre-open beta? Or we're gonna have to redownload the game again?

Note that I used the same launcher to test the game when the developers released it for testing and the game was running perfectly fine.

• Thank you for finally releasing the game of my dreams. Good job.

But I have one tiny question:
    This is the looks of my launcher K2wiStd.jpg
    Currently it updates and everything is fine with it. But is this is the LEGIT launcher that we'll use to try the pre-open beta? Or we're gonna have to redownload the game again?

Note that I used the same launcher to test the game when the developers released it for testing and the game was running perfectly fine.

You won't even need the launcher to play the Pre Open Beta, you'll just need to open DBOG.exe and it will bring you to the login screen.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!