Reset Skill Points

• Being restricted feels so pointless to me, I don't see a single reason why they'd go with the old dbo route and take away the build diversity that is possible depending on if you wanna PVP or PVE.
    (Talking about pure enjoyment of course, if they wanna sell reset book by cash shop then yeah.)

• No, if you screw your build, you shall work very hard to reset it.
    Just before dbo was shut down I was level 70 and my build was a total failure as well, because when i just started playing I didn't know how the game works exactly.
    I spent all the time trying to earn enough money for reset book and i did it.
    If i could do it, everyone can, bottom line.
    I know I wasn't the only one btw.
    If you however figure out the game early, before level 30 then you deserve to have better build than people who didn't.
    If they do this, everyone would just be reseting their skills to adjust it to their needs, which makes it exponentially easier, and it's not fun if it's not a challenge. Imagine some kung fu fighter suddenly becoming a perfect kick boxer by paying a small fee, what the f?
    And it's not true that you needed to pay real cash for reset book, people were selling them in AH for about 300 million zeni i think.
    You want a reset? Then work for it. 300 million isn't easy to earn at all (at least it wasn't before).
    Again, just bring the original dbo back, there was nothing wrong with it, don't fix what isn't broken, focus on fixing the bugs and making the game fully functional again.

• No, if you screw your build, you shall work very hard to reset it.
    Just before dbo was shut down I was level 70 and my build was a total failure as well, because when i just started playing I didn't know how the game works exactly.
    I spent all the time trying to earn enough money for reset book and i did it.
    If i could do it, everyone can, bottom line.
    I know I wasn't the only one btw.

Just because you did it in the past, doesn't mean it's not flawed.

And no, I disagree with it being hard to do. If your build sucks in the first place, how're you going to get that Brown Book? Resets locked behind a HUGE paid wall is more than enough to kill people's interests in the game if they like the game and want more of it. I'd know, I have that experience so many times on other Korean MMOs, because my build sucked, I sucked, and because I sucked, I couldn't get the money, and since I couldn't get the money, my only option was to delete that character and start from scratch.

It's not fun underperforming either, just because you made a rookie mistake it shouldn't affect you the whole game.

• Just because you did it in the past, doesn't mean it's not flawed.
    And no, I disagree with it being hard to do. If your build sucks in the first place, how're you going to get that Brown Book? Resets locked behind a HUGE paid wall is more than enough to kill people's interests in the game if they like the game and want more of it. I'd know, I have that experience so many times on other Korean MMOs, because my build sucked, I sucked, and because I sucked, I couldn't get the money, and since I couldn't get the money, my only option was to delete that character and start from scratch.

It's not fun underperforming either, just because you made a rookie mistake it shouldn't affect you the whole game.

It's not impossible to get that much money, I did it :P
    I'm against making it impossible, but I'm also against making it too easy.
    Everyone being able to change their fighting style whenever they want makes the game much less enjoyable, at least for me.
    People who can't stand being weaker than others should go play some gta with cheat codes, destroying everything in their way (if someone finds it fun, he must be a 10 year old or something lol)

• It's not impossible to get that much money, I did it :P I'm against making it impossible, but I'm also against making it too easy.
    Everyone being able to change their fighting style whenever they want makes the game much less enjoyable, at least for me.
    People who can't stand being weaker than others should go play some gta with cheat codes, destroying everything in their way (if someone finds it fun, he must be a 10 year old or something lol)

It's not impossible, but it's a painstakingly long task to do, and by the time they get it, their interest in the game probably have already died out. Because as it stands, that'll be the sole thing that'll kill the majority of the playerbase. There are people that don't tolerate grind as much as the Koreans do, which is why grindy games are considered negatives.Again, underperforming just because of something you did when you were new, and get severely punished by having to spend a fortune to correct that mistake, or start a new game, is enough to drive players away.

They could implement another method that'll keep it from being too difficult, but not too easy to get. One such way is to get pages from a repeatable quest (which would require some difficult task, probably like endgame content), get enough pages to get a book. This is just one method. I'm sure we all can keep throwing some more.

This is my personal opinion though, at the vert least make the book obtainable one time-only like hitting the cap. By that time they'll have an idea what they want to do, and that's a motivator to play through the postgame stuff with a poor build. But if they want to change their build again, they'll have to work for that book.

• It's not impossible, but it's a painstakingly long task to do, and by the time they get it, their interest in the game probably have already died out. Because as it stands, that'll be the sole thing that'll kill the majority of the playerbase. There are people that don't tolerate grind as much as the Koreans do, which is why grindy games are considered negatives.Again, underperforming just because of something you did when you were new, and get severely punished by having to spend a fortune to correct that mistake, or start a new game, is enough to drive players away.
    They could implement another method that'll keep it from being too difficult, but not too easy to get. One such way is to get pages from a repeatable quest (which would require some difficult task, probably like endgame content), get enough pages to get a book. This is just one method. I'm sure we all can keep throwing some more.

This is my personal opinion though, at the vert least make the book obtainable one time-only like hitting the cap. By that time they'll have an idea what they want to do, and that's a motivator to play through the postgame stuff with a poor build. But if they want to change their build again, they'll have to work for that book.

That idea is acceptable

• Skill reset needs to be obtainable in game through reasonable. The amount of effort required its debatable, however the success of this server depends on the size of the player base, and not just the ones that donate.

I have very little issue spending $5~ a month to support the server, my friends, however are a bit more stingy and might not feel so inclined. They might show their support in different ways, like getting more people to play (And those people might donate). However to keep the ones around who do spend money, you'll still need the ones who'll play for free. (I personally like having a large pool of people to play with)

I'm all for having a cash shop full of convenience and cosmetic items, but skill resets allow you to play your character dynamically and adjust to evolving builds, and potential balance changes.

Personally... I'd make it cost 100,000z for the first time you do it in a week and 500,000z for each time after. It'll reset down to 100,000z each week. This'll let people who make mistakes with their build not be too harshly punished early, and won't be too much of a hassle for those at the end game.

• i personally agree with the idea of making skill reset more available without cash though not ridiculously so of course, i think the people who say to charge a decent a mount of zenni have the right idea because being stuck with a build that just isnt any good is gonna subtract the amount of fun a person has playing and may make them quit playing all together.

Characters: Hakumei - Human Fighter(male) Garlot - Human Spiritualist(Male) MajinMiya - Wonder Majin(Fem)
    LordGarm - Warrior Namekian
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE GUILD: UNDERTALE

pt8Ov7h.jpgzqmaTsf.jpgU8j732A.jpg

• I am reading all the replies very good ideias. But its not just about find the perfect Build. Because there is not a perfect build. You will not use same build that you use on budokai to go cc dungeon for example .. if you do that you are just a novice in the game soon or later you will know what I am talking about .. I had 2 build for my Poko for exemple almost every week i had to change build to pve or pvp build . So thats why it should have a way to change it easier . I for example play Pvp and Pve and to be a OP u need a right build for each ocasion

• I am reading all the replies very good ideias. But its not just about find the perfect Build. Because there is not a perfect build. You will not use same build that you use on budokai to go cc dungeon for example .. if you do that you are just a novice in the game soon or later you will know what I am talking about .. I had 2 build for my Poko for exemple almost every week i had to change build to pve or pvp build . So thats why it should have a way to change it easier . I for example play Pvp and Pve and to be a OP u need a right build for each ocasion

agreed

• You're totally missing out the point of my message, it's not about screwing your build but more about being able to go pve / pvp whenever needed. Did you even read ?
    Also you could have just done another character because leveling is super easy, but yeah try harder to make you look cooler

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!