What race ?

• Something you might want to take into consideration into choosing a best race would be the transformations, which are amazing in my eyes.

Human- Super Saiyan
    Namekian- Super Namekian (Giant with lots of HP and AOE)
    Majin- Kid Buu (Lots of AOE/Range)

• I cant believe I didn't know about this sooner. Found out while at work. Cant wait to go home download and check everything out.

Sometimes all we have is bad choices. But we are still forced to choose. -12th Doctor

*Find me in game Namekian warrior: Nayle

• Well, In my eyes Races aren't the most important factor. Cosmetics, sure but what really makes me like a character is A. Their abilities (Transformations) and playstyle (classes). Depending on your class will affect your gamestyle so much, like playing a Dragon Clan Namekian VS playing a Martial Artist.

• I personally love Karma Majins. The buffs are fantastic. However, unless the DBOG team rebalances the classes, Shadow Knights for namekians are exceedingly over-powered, almost broken.

And no, you can try to make builds for whatever for whatever race, but your masterclass decides what you will excel in. General PvE is really hard to fuck up, but if you want to do late game TMQs or upper continent quests, you probably should follow a guide or invest wisely.

Humans are DPS or tanks in one way or another.
    Majins are debuffers and buffers.
    Nameks are generally support, excluding Shadow knight, who is an extreme tank.

• Ill probably run a Namekian then. Kinda disappointed they didn't include some kinda of Saiyan-Human Hybrid as a possible race. Opting to just call them Humans makes it feel like a rip off that they can go SSJ.

Sometimes all we have is bad choices. But we are still forced to choose. -12th Doctor

• Ill probably run a Namekian then. Kinda disappointed they didn't include some kinda of Saiyan-Human Hybrid as a possible race. Opting to just call them Humans makes it feel like a rip off that they can go SSJ.

You don't understand the lore behind it, they are hybrids.
    This is centuries after the fight with Majin Buu.
    The amount of Saiyans and humans who've mated have resulted in humans by default having Saiyan blood.
    Of course it isn't realistic, but it's an Anime game.

Well if they did make a Race like that, it would be just plain Saiyan. Remember that this takes places years in the future so we are technichally all descendants of Vegeta and Goku. Also if you read the SSJ description of Shenron you would read that they have very little Saiyan blood and can only achieve Super Saiyan if they wish for it, and let me tell you getting them tier 2 dragonballs is a pain in the ..

• Ok that makes sense. I can accept it. I haven't been able to look into anything yet. Soon as I get off work I am going to download the client and hopefully get a char set up.

• You don't understand the lore behind it, they are hybrids.
    This is centuries after the fight with Majin Buu.
    The amount of Saiyans and humans who've mated have resulted in humans by default having Saiyan blood.
    Of course it isn't realistic, but it's an Anime game.

Is there anywhere that has the lore of the game so I can catch up?

• Sadly the servers are down right now, So depending on the time you have, you won't be able to play for 6-8 hours, or until Dan comes back online. :c I know I want to play it right now too.

Its 11:00 PM PST where I am. I am just going to download the client and hopefully play tomorrow before work.

• Is there anywhere that has the lore of the game so I can catch up?

This is always a great source; http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Online

Also, most of my general knowledge is from the old Korean sites when DBO was ran in the East, the opening of DBO was different as well and pretty much unfolded the story as you went on.

In-Game: FemGoku (FemHuman) | Yoshida (MaleHuman) | Kushiro (FemMajin) | Ezra (FemMajin)
    bSApBbf.jpg

• This is always a great source; dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Online

Also, most of my general knowledge is from the old Korean sites when DBO was ran in the East, the opening of DBO was different as well and pretty much unfolded the story as you went on.

Thank you sir. I look forward to playing with you in-game!

• This is always a great source; http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Online

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Online

I was trying to find the About on the Official webpage of the Old DBO but Sadly I couldn't find it.

• What's up y'all ! I was just wondering what race do you guys like and think is the best ? Sever is down so let's chat until then plus I'm trying to learn more about the races abilities and such

Human race

They can still use all the abilities in super saiyan form (except kaio-ken).

Martial Artist

Martial artists are more designed for single hand to hand combat. What they lack in defence, they make it up by having a huge amount of dps with physical attack and some cc attacks. You can outgrow into a fighter (resembles goku’s abilities such as “the use of a power pole” and “instant transmission”) or a swordsman (wich resembles the fighting style of trunks).

Spiritualist

Spiritualists are designed for ranged atacks and just as the martial artists they have a low defence but they have a good amount of energy dps and a variety of cc debuffs. You can outgrow into a turtle hermit (master roshi style) or a crane hermit (master shen style).

Namekian race

In great namek form they cannot use their basic abilities, only the great namek abilities!!
    Warrior class

The warrior class is designed to be a tank. They have have a high amount of defence abilities and stats but have a low base attack. You can outgrow into a Dark warrioror a shadow knight (they all have attacks based on picollo’s fighting style).

Dragon Clan class

The dragon clan class is designed to be a support. They have lower defensive stats and abilities but make it up by having ranged abilities, cc abilities and supporting abilities. You can outgrow into a dende priest (resembles dende’s healing powers) or a poko priest (uses pets in combat).

Majin race

In pure buu form they cannot use their basic abilities, only the pure buu form abilities!!
    Mighty majin

A mighty majin is a buff class with a variety of physical attacks. They have a balanced amount of defence and offence. They have abilities to buff up players their offence and defence. A mighty majin can outgrow into an ultimate majin or a grand chef majin.

Wonder majin

Wonder majins use energy attacks to overwhelm their opponent. They have a balance in defence and offence. They have a variety of cc abilities to keep enemies away from them. A wonder majin can outgrow into a karma or plasma majin.

P.S.: To see all the abilities go to http://tools.dboglobal.to/?tool=Skill-Calculator&class=Fighter

Mm that's what I made , are the races divided by like "tank" "support" or ? Or is it depending how u build up ur character/buffs/abilities

Humans are pretty much the most popular race i think i know i like them though i wanna try namek and majin when i can

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!