How long will the closed alpha last?

• Sorry for necoring a thread, I just wanted to ponit out something. If they do get 8000 likes on FB before the 20th they could always just open the game up for public alpha. That would give them a stress test for the amount of players, find more bugs with more players. As well get more content tested in a quicker time frame. In other words they could skip the Closed Alpha and go straight into the Public Alpha if they get the 8000 likes. Both are still alpha stages so.

• Bad idea. If they open it for everybody over 50% of plalyers wouldn't search for bugs they would just walk around or do PVP.
    All in all in the closed alpha are playing 170 people, thats enough for finding bugs.
    Everybody wants the game back asap but it isn't clever to open a server that doesn't work right.

• Bad idea. If they open it for everybody over 50% of plalyers wouldn't search for bugs they would just walk around or do PVP.
    All in all in the closed alpha are playing 170 people, thats enough for finding bugs.
    Everybody wants the game back asap but it isn't clever to open a server that doesn't work right.

When you're right, you're right~ Everyone would only be focusing on playing then when they catch a bug, they'll get mad. You have to ask yourself "Why do private Alpha and Beta?" To squish all the big, fat bugs :thumbup:

When you're right, you're right~ Everyone would only be focusing on playing then when they catch a bug, they'll get mad. You have to ask yourself "Why do private Alpha and Beta?" To squish all the big, fat bugs :thumbup:

Actually, even so. PvP would be tested. Before any OB the servers have to be stress tested. Thats why majority of games invite thousands of players into CB. Alphas don't get that many people to play to start with meaning it will take twice as long to complete rather than if everyone was pitching in. I am not saying that 200 players would be doing things. But with the loyalty the game currently has it would be at least 400 doing the work compared to 100. I can tell you now 50 of those players will either A.) barely login to test anything. B.) Just walk around and PvP as you have said. Less players doesn't mean the work will be done at all either. Humans are fickle and can rarely be judged on what they could possibly do. As an Alpha Tester and Beta Tester since I was around 15, I am 25 now. I have seen a lot of games fail hard because of people limiting people into an Alpha. Planetside 2 was screwed till a few of us got into CB and fixed a lot of the major issues. Now all the CoD kids took it over and rekt it. I also run a gaming clan who might be interested in playing this on OB and helping with Donations. As I see it, just because of a "Closed Alpha" doesn't guarantee anything either but at least in a open more work would be done making the time more profitable.

• Well now I know that the amount of time that the game stays in a period such as alpha i reliant on the amount of likes the page recives on facebook!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!