New transformations

• Sorry but you're wrong. DBO takes place 217 years after DBZ therefore humans have about 2-5% saiyan blood in them. Either there is high or low percentage of saiyan blood in them, it's still a Super Saiyan. I mean Gohan was 1/2 saiyan and as a teen he has surpassed his father going SSJ2, and Goten went SSJ first time when he was 8...

SORRY BUT YOU'RE WRONG. GOTEN WAS 7

• I'll accept my mistake, there's no deny though that saiyan blood has decreased quite drastically! And that's for the better I guess.
    I won't deny it I love humans more than the other races, but it'd be unfair if we had the actual SSJ Power and further transformations as well lol. Others wouldn't stand a single chance. Yeah Gohan might've surpassed his father... for ONE saga! Yeah Mystic Gohan might be the strongest unfused character, but not anymore.. I'm a Gohan fanboy too as you can see :x

• I'll accept my mistake, there's no deny though that saiyan blood has decreased quite drastically! And that's for the better I guess.
    I won't deny it I love humans more than the other races, but it'd be unfair if we had the actual SSJ Power and further transformations as well lol. Others wouldn't stand a single chance. Yeah Gohan might've surpassed his father... for ONE saga! Yeah Mystic Gohan might be the strongest unfused character, but not anymore.. I'm a Gohan fanboy too as you can see :x

I couldn't tell by your subtile profile pic and tag. Thank you for the clarification.

• Okay here's something everyone needs to know: the blood percentage of our characters has NOTHING to do with how powerful our SSJ forms are. It's no different with Majins and their Pure Majin form. We are unlocking the hidden potential that still exists despite no longer possessing the power it was known for. The transformations are power-up states that work the same as they always have. It has nothing to do with blood percentage and crap like that. Seriously read the freaken timeline/lore that was translated by Kanzenshuu.

• Okay here's something everyone needs to know: the blood percentage of our characters has NOTHING to do with how powerful our SSJ forms are. It's no different with Majins and their Pure Majin form. We are unlocking the hidden potential that still exists despite no longer possessing the power it was known for. The transformations are power-up states that work the same as they always have. It has nothing to do with blood percentage and crap like that. Seriously read the freaken timeline/lore that was translated by Kanzenshuu.

I believe you're wrong only in the part saying that the blood percentage has nothing to do with how powerful SSJ is. You can't compare SSJ Trunks and SSJ Gohan to SSJ Vegeta and SSJ Goku, pure saiyans are far more powerful.

• I believe you're wrong only in the part saying that the blood percentage has nothing to do with how powerful SSJ is. You can't compare SSJ Trunks and SSJ Gohan to SSJ Vegeta and SSJ Goku, pure saiyans are far more powerful.

We can't really be sure about this.
    Goku and Vegeta train like hell while Trunks is more worried about saving the remaining people and Gohan is hitting the books (utter disappoitment).

• I believe you're wrong only in the part saying that the blood percentage has nothing to do with how powerful SSJ is. You can't compare SSJ Trunks and SSJ Gohan to SSJ Vegeta and SSJ Goku, pure saiyans are far more powerful.

Again, you're missing the point. The character's powerlevel was what determined who was stronger as an SSJ. It has nothing to do with the transformation itself. As Eskimboio said, Goku and Vegeta train like hell and surpassed Gohan and Trunks because they stopped training. If pure-blooded Saiyans really were stronger than hybrids, than Gohan should never had points in the series where he surpassed Goku and Vegeta. It's all about training and experience, not how much Saiyan blood you have.

• Again, you're missing the point. The character's powerlevel was what determined who was stronger as an SSJ. It has nothing to do with the transformation itself. As Eskimboio said, Goku and Vegeta train like hell and surpassed Gohan and Trunks because they stopped training. If pure-blooded Saiyans really were stronger than hybrids, than Gohan should never had points in the series where he surpassed Goku and Vegeta. It's all about training and experience, not how much Saiyan blood you have.

Alright then, I'll go train for the rest of my life so that I can turn super saiyan.

• My bad, but that's what you're implying xD. ''It's all about training and experience, not how much Saiyan blood you have.'
    That clearly states if I train my movement I can charge my KI and do a freakin kamehameha through the wall, it's all a matter of training and experience after all!

• That wasn't the point they were making though, and you know it. There is no tangible evidence to support less/more Saiyan blood = more/less power. However, with Pan as an example, it stands to reason that the less Saiyan blood in the person, the harder it becomes to transform. It would also stand to reason that the transformation would have less Saiyan blood to "invigorate" and thus would be less powerful.

Either way, the point here is that this is a video game. And as a result, you have NO choice but to sacrifice potential lore in favor of balance. Even more so in a game that has a heavy PvP focus. A "50x multiplier" for a character with, at best 0.7% Saiyan blood, is silly and is easily something that can and *WAS* written off as reasoning. It's not even an ability that the average human in the game can obtain, no matter how much they train. You LITERALLY have to wish for Shenron to unlock your latent Saiyan blood, to achieve the transformation.

• My bad, but that's what you're implying xD. ''It's all about training and experience, not how much Saiyan blood you have.'
    That clearly states if I train my movement I can charge my KI and do a freakin kamehameha through the wall, it's all a matter of training and experience after all!

Are you seriously connecting real life situations with manga and anime? If it's sarcasm, you're a genius, if it's not, then I stand with Blazing Barrager on this one.
    As a Human in Dragon Ball, you simply possess Saiyan Blood, as little as it is, it's there. Never in Dragon Ball, even Dragon Ball GT, it was clearly stated that diluted Saiyan blood would make the Super Saiyan transformation impossible to achieve(if there is, then you all can punch me in the face). The Pan excuse is useless, we all saw Vegeta Jr and Goku Jr turn Super Saiyan without sweat after unlocking the transformation. As macdaddymario stated though, it's still a video game, which means they MUST put aside part of the lore to balance out things. So yeah, becoming stronger, it will always be about training and experience. The entire Dragon Ball series is mostly based on the fact that Goku has to train and get stronger to fight stronger enemies as the whole point to his character IS NOT being a freaking hero but finding the best opponent. That, unless an author takes advantage of the classic plot device of the "gifted" just like Toriyama did with Gohan and later with Goten and Trunks.

To me, it all depends on the race: an example would be the fact that in the game, Namekians at the same level as humans in their base form will always have higher power levels, pretty much just like Piccolo(before Super) didn't need any kind of transformation because, as a namekian, he could control his Ki much better than Humans and Saiyans in their base form.

You need to always keep in mind that Humans were never that strong to begin with(that's the whole point of Goku, a low class Saiyan, sent to Earth to destroy it), and neither were they able to control Ki before Master Mutaito founded his school. Where as Namekians and Saiyans had great Ki potential from the start, proven by the fact that Dende clearly states that they learn to fly since childhood. Majins? They are Buu's offsprings, of course they have great Ki potential.
    That single fact should explain why the SSJ is precluded to Humans in DBO unless Shenron awakens the power inside of them, as Blazing Barrager said: "We are unlocking the hidden potential that still exists despite no longer possessing the power it was known for".

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!