Dogi Breaking

• I know you guys said items will reset to level 0 on break and dogi slotting is a diffrent category. But my question is...
    Are you guys going to take off the chance to break your Dogi when you attempt to upgrade and give it stats via the Spade Card?

I wouldnt mind it either way honestly,but it is rather annoying. I get why retail put it there, to make more money. Still, wouldnt be a bad idea to get community feedback right?

• Help me out.. When you broke your Dogi you got..? 1 WP or a Dogi attribute ball right? I can't remember if there was other stuff you could get? Maybe "break %" can be lowered or give 5 WP instead of 1..

• If dogis wouldn't break there will be too much dogis and with the time they are nothing worth...

That's why some are rarer than others. Not to mention, I play/played other MMORPGs where costumes don't break and that problem you mentioned never really happened. In fact, if they did break, they would be pretty overpriced, and if you look back, dogis were kinda overpriced for what they were.

Besides, there's also the people who quit and, most of the times, leave their items and dogis in their inventory.

• Well every item that need ball to gain effect, it needs to break.
    Just think about it, you get 100 dogi balls and spam until you get epic effect, everyone would have OP stuffs this way.

This way when dogi balls are hard to get, gear with epic stats hard to get and dogi, hat and other shits that look good with cool effects, hard to get...

Well then, you have reason to play game.

No one want to play easy and boring game, this breaking gives you fun and mostly is pain in ass but when you get things you want, you are proud on yourself.

• No.

I've always agreed that an easy game is a boring game, and that's one of the reasons why I don't really like those private servers (from any game) that decide to make things super easy to obtain. But making dogis unbreakable isn't going to take away any of the fun. Dogi balls were already hard to get (for non-cashers), so even if those balls are made obtainable through tokens or whatever, having your super rare dogi break doesn't really make sense. Just like gear breaking when upgrading: there's games that do that, and games that don't. The ones that don't are actually more fun and considered less p2w, while simultaneously, doesn't feel like it's an easy ride either.

It was already mentioned by someone in the staff that DBOG doesn't plan on keeping that system where people have their gear breaking, I think, and there's even less reason for costume items to do so. There's current successful MMORPGs that don't do that, so DBO will simply be fitting in with them. You can already be just as proud of getting it this way, since getting a tiny thing, like 1 or 2 more stat points on your dogi isn't really a reason to be so "proud" of, since it's just based on RNG. If it was based on hard work, then yeah.

Removing the breaking chance just eliminates an annoyance that shouldn't really be there, other than a greedy money-grabber. So, having it there, doesn't really make things more "fun" for the sake of being rare, it just leads the game to the p2w concept. I'm sure no one here would like to see DBOG heading that way.

• breaking gonna be a piss off happening but i agree with the fact "Well every item that need ball to gain effect, it needs to break."

i cant damn wait to play to see by myself the system !

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!