TOP 5 Things Wanted For DBO PROJECTS?

• Hey guys I'm gonna try and do my best on a major video on the TOP 5 Things Wanted in the New DBO Projects Trying to keep it plain and simple and editors for yt if u wanna help me add me on Skype demoncool121 promise gonna try and make it as professional as possible well GET STARTED ON COMMENTING WHATS THE TOP 5??>GOGOGOGO!

• 4. Don't make it a Pay 2 Win server.
    5. Make it completely Free to play

So who will pay the server? Who will pay Daneos for his work?
    If you wanna get the good stuff u have to pay for it. It isn't different in other games.
    Every game has the option pay2win and this is good so.
    If there are no persons who are willing to pay the server will close as soon as it launched.
    You should think economically and stop with the wishful thinking..

• So who will pay the server? Who will pay Daneos for his work?
    If you wanna get the good stuff u have to pay for it. It isn't different in other games.
    Every game has the option pay2win and this is good so.
    If there are no persons who are willing to pay the server will close as soon as it launched.
    "You should think economically and stop with the wishful thinking.."

My clan has refused to donate to other games if they are p2w. Also not every game does. Planetside 2 did not have a P2W system. Also SAMP servers majority of the time don't either. I believe you should watch the DBOR vs DBOG video. He stated they have investors helping the game. Also if they make it where you pay for certain things Bandai I am certain will step in with a copyright claim and want some of the money they make from it. That is why majority of Private servers can not accept anything other than donations. Any Private server has to be a non profit server. As well you should stop insulting everyones ideas and being offensive.

• So you believe someone is investing in a project and doesn't want make profit with it?
    Either there will be a donation/cash shop or there will be advertising to make profit with it.
    Just because people like you don't want to pay for a game doesn't mean that nobody wants it.
    Some people are willing to pay cash to get better items.
    I can comment whatever I want and also how i want, because it seems you doesn't even think before you write something.
    Yeah make the server completly free just Daneos and his investor pay for it, because you want it. :thumbup:

• There will be a cash shop. Also the Term Pay-to win is a long and drawn out conversation.

Though I'll make a quick summary of what most people think pay to win is, because people have different opinion on what is pay to win.

Most people view of P2W = Using money to get better gear/items that normal player cannot get by any means except buying form cash shop.
    Extreme people views of P2W= Anything that get someone ahead in game even if there's a way to get it in game. They will complain that its faster to get it with money.

How DBO is run, DBO is run as a Free to play/P2W. Why? because they make dogi,most cash shop item tradable. Thus normal player can attain these cash item from player who did invested money into the game. The P2W aspect comes in just for the fact that if you have a lot of money. You can get way ahead then everyone else. Even though normal player who doesn't spend money could reach this level of end game it just take a longer time. People who spend money can get there a lot quicker.

Now there's game company like NCSOFT take Aion for example, the only thing you can buy is luxury comestic items. No upgrading stones that affect with PVP/PVE. In my opinion I love this type of game. Though it's a very hard process to try to balance a game item mall to be fair and also make income so the server keeps on running.

So I believe even though DBO was an extreme case of cashing, I think if it was tune down bit and made more fair I would still think its fair. Though Daneos or me won't be the one who decide how the Cash shop will be price and made or what item will be in there.

Though I can tell you this, you go to work and get payed for your time there? right. While being a teenager I had all the time to play games and I had no money. As an adult I have little to no time to play games, but I have a lot of money. So when I play a game I like, I trade in my money to gain "time" in game. By Time I mean getting an item quicker without having to go through the normal method of grinding and all that hassle. That would take a lot of time.

So now you should understand a bit about how these things work. Whatever system the admin come up with, I support a free to play fairness system where player can get any item they want by normal means. While being able to buy them in cash shop as well for the people who don't have much time to play.

• So you believe someone is investing in a project and doesn't want make profit with it?
    Either there will be a donation/cash shop or there will be advertising to make profit with it.
    Just because people like you don't want to pay for a game doesn't mean that nobody wants it.
    Some people are willing to pay cash to get better items.
    I can comment whatever I want and also how i want, because it seems you doesn't even think before you write something.
    Yeah make the server completly free just Daneos and his investor pay for it, because you want it. :thumbup:

If they make a cash shop then I can assure you just like UCGO a law suit follows. I don't think you understand how a private server works. Private servers are non profit, in other words they are not looking to make a profit nor allowed to. Every penny they own goes straight to the server from donations. If they intend of taking some as profit, then DMCA does hit you know. Your constant shooting down of ideas will kill the game just as quickly as a DMCA or people quitting to go play something else better worth their money than a game set with graphics from 2004.

• And you don't know that Daneos want to register that game to earn money.
    If someones idea is to create a new DBO universe i'm surely saying it'll not happen because the devteam have only 2 members.
    Sponsor some devs and we can implement everything you want.

• If they make a cash shop then I can assure you just like UCGO a law suit follows. I don't think you understand how a private server works. Private servers are non profit, in other words they are not looking to make a profit nor allowed to. Every penny they own goes straight to the server from donations. If they intend of taking some as profit, then DMCA does hit you know. Your constant shooting down of ideas will kill the game just as quickly as a DMCA or people quitting to go play something else better worth their money than a game set with graphics from 2004.

Don't worry about DMCA, Lawsuit and all those other legal stuff. That is our job.

• And you don't know that Daneos want to register that game to earn money.
    If someones idea is to create a new DBO universe i'm surely saying it'll not happen because the devteam have only 2 members.
    Sponsor some devs and we can implement everything you want.

Don't worry about DMCA, Lawsuit and all those other legal stuff. That is our job.

Now as I said before, if they feel it is P2W my clan will refuse to donate. I can not control their ideals as it was voted upon creation of the clan a long time ago. Myself before I created our gaming community. I placed about 6000 USD into Planetside 2, from CB to current standing. Face of Mankind I placed 1500 USD into, if I find a game or server I enjoy. I assist it in staying open. If I don't enjoy my time nor my community. We go else where and play something we feel is more deserving for our money. Well of course as community members of DBOG we have to worry. I have seen close friends loose 100,000s USD if not more attempting what you are. As well they lost the game and their community. The game ended up dying due to that issue. They used the money to pay for servers and their home needs. What lost them the case was their home needs. Anyways we came here to give ideas of the most 5 important things, since my ideas keep getting attacked, I see no more reason to post anymore suggestions or ideas.

• Now I'm going to be bluntly honest with you. What you and your "Clan" does is entirely up to you wither it is deciding to leave or stay we will still welcome you. Also how you and your friends spend your money on games that is an issue alone you guys have to control. I've been playing mmorpg my entire life. From P2W to FTP to whatever model they use. I have never had an issue with not having money. I only spend what I can afford to spend. Me personally this is my priority, Roof > Food > Transportation > Bills then luxury comes in. wither it be a game I want or something of a hobby I like to get from Amazon. If a game is trying to extort money from me, I won't let them and just enjoy the game playing as free as I can. Though If the game make it way to hard to play without cashing and I got no money. I'll move onto a next game.

As for your statement on private server and legal concern. Thanks for your input but as I said above. Let us take care of that. We are here to make a community to please the players with a great game.

• Now I'm going to be bluntly honest with you. What you and your "Clan" does is entirely up to you wither it is deciding to leave or stay we will still welcome you. Also how you and your friends spend your money on games that is an issue alone you guys have to control. I've been playing mmorpg my entire life. From P2W to FTP to whatever model they use. I have never had an issue with not having money. I only spend what I can afford to spend. Me personally this is my priority, Roof > Food > Transportation > Bills then luxury comes in. wither it be a game I want or something of a hobby I like to get from Amazon. If a game is trying to extort money from me, I won't let them and just enjoy the game playing as free as I can. Though If the game make it way to hard to play without cashing and I got no money. I'll move onto a next game.

As for your statement on private server and legal concern. Thanks for your input but as I said above. Let us take care of that. We are here to make a community to please the players with a great game.

With the way arrow has been attacking my ideas, and getting off topic. I don't feel very welcomed at this point.

• With the way arrow has been attacking my ideas, and getting off topic. I don't feel very welcomed at this point.

I like to keep this forum as free speech as possible within the forum rules of course. I am very uptight to flaming and people attacking each other. I will by no means tolerate such act. Though I've had read this thread and read every post on this thread. None of which post have attacked you or your friends personally. What Arrow first said to you might have offended you because he said his opinion in a rude way. He voice his opinion on your suggestion of the OP post. He may have said it not in the best nice manner but still it is an opinion and it isn't directed to flame you for your thoughts. He just have a different mindset while trying to force his views on you. In this case you decided to engage in his opinion and put your views out there. This is what I call a healthy conversation, no one is name calling, no one is insulting. Both side is just projecting their views trying to change the other person opinion. I'm here as a bystander and I just put my input in. As a bystander into your two discussion I can see both side opinion. If you got offended by Arrow opinion then you could have easily state this is my Opinion and suggestion, I respect your thoughts on my suggestion but this is my view.

Both of you need to learn how to respect other people opinion without jumping to the conclusion you are at war. When in fact you two are just people with your own mind sharing your opinion with each other. Cause in the end of the day we're on the same forum, wanting to play the same game. I see no reason to belittle each other opinion.

So I stand by the right for players to voice their opinion and if a player takes it to fair and insult another person over a their views. Then I will take swift action.

Edit: Lastly remember this is a Global community when sharing ideas we are separated by language barriers as well as other things we cannot express through text alone. Unless you are a extreme great writer. What someone say as a nice kind joke could be taken in an offensive way around here. I seen it happened. I'm not suggesting that Arrow is joking I'm just using this as an example to tell you. When speaking with others here you have to remember everyone has a different situation. Try to look at people post in a few different perspective before jumping to conclusion.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!