Balance Suggestion Thread

• I figured I'd bring this thread back up now that more skills got fixed and we had a longer time to test out different builds and such. As the title says, this is a balancing suggestion thread meant for people to converse about possible buffs, nerfs, etc for all the classes in the game. Note that this thread isn't meant to be an argument so please keep things civil. Here's an example of what/how you can talk about what needs balancing.

- Super Saiyan Stats:
    LP - not changed
    EP - increased by 200% ----> ENG - increased by 50% While this most likely cuts on how much EP you gain from transforming, it does make up by increasing EP Regen, which definitely helps in recovery and combat
    physical offence - increased by 20% ----> 25% Increased so that it gives you more power, but still not as much as Kaio-Ken at 3 SP
    energy offence - increased by 20% ----> 25% Same as above
    physical defence - not changed
    energy defence - not changed
    run speed - increased by 30%
    attack speed - increased by 20%
    hit rate - increased by 15% ----> 20% I found it stupid that Hit Rate got such a low boost, but I didn't think it needed to be high like Dodge.
    dodge rate - increased by 30% ----> 20% Decreased to balance out the Hit Rate boost
    block rate - increased by 10%
    curse success rate - not changed ----> increased by 10% Balances out with Resistance. Also wasn't this in retail DBO?
    curse resistance rate - increased by 10%

• These are some changes I have being working on:

1. - Fighter

Evade UP, Max lvl:

• Increases Dodge Rate by 734 (passive)

Blitz Fist, Max lvl:

• Duration: 01:02 or 62 sec

Ki Burst, Max lvl:

• Reduce EP consumption by 41%
    • Increases Attack speed by 10% (passive)

The purpose of these changes is to remove from in game the “Dodge Pot” , add some balance to fighters dodge capabilities and enhance his pve functions. Fighter is prety good for pvp this will make it fun and more usefull for pve.

2.- Swordsman

Evade UP, Max lvl:

• Increases Dodge Rate by 734 (passive)

Now Swordsman can ressit combat a little better.

3. - Turtle Hermit

Prehistoric Turtle Mastery, Max lvl:

• Increases Energy Critical Hit Rate by 18 (passive)

Physical Defense Boost, Max lvl:

• Energy Defense Decreased by 0

Spiritual Defense Boost, Max lvl:
    PhysicalDefense Decreased by 0

Now Turtle Hermit had a little more resistence on combat and a little better on pvp.

4. - Crane Hermit

Resist It[i], Max lvl:

Increases Status Resistance Rate by 284

Secret Crane Success, Max lvl:
    Increases Success Rate by 252 (passive)

Now Crane Hermit is more efficient on DOT and more resistence to any type of debuffs, even stuns.

5. - Dark Warrior Skills

Demon Wave, Max lvl:
    Energy Damage 172% 140% Burn Damage every 2 sec. Duration: 10 sec.

Talon Defense, Max lvl:

Increase Physical Defense by 1370 Increase Energy Defense by 1370

Now Dark Warrior has a "AOE Bold Strike", that will make it useful and it becomes a true tank worthy to taking it to pvp

6. - Ultimate Majin and Grandchief Majin Skills

Status Resistence, Max lvl:
    Increased Status Resistence Rate by 604%

Now majins are to dam resistence to Debuffs and DOTs stuns and everything else. Good luck tryign to stun this class

(Almost like in the anime)

12. - Plasma Majin & Karma Majin Skills

Critical Spiritual Damage, Max lvl:

Increase Energy Critical Hit Rate by 23

Now Karmas are deadly when transforming into "kid Bu", perfect for farming. (u will have trouble choosing between turtles and karmas)

These are the changes I see it will Balance classes a little better.
    Notice Shadow Knight, Dendes and Pokos dont have any modification.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Something I thought of for Swordsman is raising the SP for Prepared to Roar and Fortitude to 7 and 5 respectively (matching Spirited Roar and Might in boost). Reason why I say this is because Swordsman can also be playable as an energy class since their energy skills deal almost the same base damage as the physical skills not to mention Burning Attack is a great PvE skill (though I'd probably drop its AoE from 20m to 15m since misuse can easily get you killed from mob swarms).

As for the Turtles' Defense buffs, I wouldn't rid of the debuff defense completely. Perhaps make the loss in the opposite defense half the boost instead of double it? Makes it more balanced than simply ridding the defense drop entirely. Also I think Crit Hit Rate would be more balanced at 16 instead of 18, but that's more my opinion.

Granting Ults/Grand Chefs that kind of status resistance is too much, especially if the effect gets capped later on. I don't know a whole lot about the classes though so I'll let someone else handle that.

• Something I thought of for Swordsman is raising the SP for Prepared to Roar and Fortitude to 7 and 5 respectively (matching Spirited Roar and Might in boost). Reason why I say this is because Swordsman can also be playable as an energy class since their energy skills deal almost the same base damage as the physical skills not to mention Burning Attack is a great PvE skill (though I'd probably drop its AoE from 20m to 15m since misuse can easily get you killed from mob swarms).

As for the Turtles' Defense buffs, I wouldn't rid of the debuff defense completely. Perhaps make the loss in the opposite defense half the boost instead of double it? Makes it more balanced than simply ridding the defense drop entirely. Also I think Crit Hit Rate would be more balanced at 16 instead of 18, but that's more my opinion.

Granting Ults/Grand Chefs that kind of status resistance is too much, especially if the effect gets capped later on. I don't know a whole lot about the classes though so I'll let someone else handle that.

I see ur point...for the swordsman..
    more SP so u can get energy attaks maxed, let me work on that, dont think I can do more SP, but let me find a way he can use them whit out more SP.

The turtles, u might be right for the 16 Energy Critical hit rate, let me chek the numbers again, cuz for this changes I use fibonacci numbers and other typ of statidistic methods to came up whit them. I will review them.

Same for Mightys majins, I will review them.

Thx for ur commments bro.

Thumbs up.

• wait mrhunt, u work for DBOG ?

No bro, I dont work for DBOG, but I like to spend some time trying to balance classes, Im a dragon ball fan so I will love too se a super improved server, super fun, super balanced, super crowded, whit my super friends while im playing as Super Saiyan.

I hope u can let me know ur toguht on the changes I mentioned before, I will be lookifn forward to ur thoughts.

Thumbs up.

• I dont undestand why karma, turtle and plasma have passive/buff that increase dex...

Plasma buff is more used for the CD reduction effect, but the extra DEX isn't bad either (means you can dodge better XD ). As for Karma and Turtles (plus Cranes as of the lv.70 cap), it's probably there to help with their low dodge rate. I actually like having the passive on my Turtle since it stacks with SSJ's buffs.

• hi, i pref martail artists but i not understand some things:

Why does it get (about 2x) more sp point their skills agains turtle?
    Why no have "get closer" skills (or 1 skill with low cd time) when all pvp match begins about 40 meters range?
    Why no have debuffs?
    Why no have health and armors?
    Why no have energy skills?
    Why no have basic att range?
    Why no have crit rate, dammage, armor penetration, movement speed?
    Why can the all 35 meter range characters use their skills also at close combat, when close range skills not can use distance and all battle begins about 40 meters range?

Fighter basically means= Tank+Assasin hibrid.
    When he receive base deffend abbilities, hp+armor and more targets phisical close range att. skills, they have worse "get closer" abilities suchs as movement speed, this is fighter at dbo.
    When he receive base deffend abbilities, hp+armor and one targets phisical close range att. skills, they have better "get closer" skills, this is swordsman at dbo.

Can ask for this, give more basic deffence the ma and they have better "get closer" skill suchs as "quick attack"(better range or more less cd time).

Or can ask for this, all debuffs max range have maximum 25 meters, dammage range 35 or 45 meters.
    Because ma now not have debuffs, hp and get closer skills(because they not can close the opponent not even 35 meters, and if they yet, dash also "slow down" because very high slow effects debuffs and stuns.)
    Or can ask for this, when ma not can use skills, only 0 at 10 meters skills range, Ranged cast have also only from 15 to 35 meters range skills.

thx.

my personal pref higher hp+armor and worse debuff range about max 25 to all chars.

• Can we get Namek and Majin experts to put their thoughts into balancing that isn't "buff Dark Warriors and Grand Chefs?"

I'm sure a Fighter expert could explain this.

• Can we get Namek and Majin experts to put their thoughts into balancing that isn't "buff Dark Warriors and Grand Chefs?"

I'm sure a Fighter expert could explain this.

Even though I didn't want to reply to this message, I will still do it.
    Egergely you're from the same country as I am, so if you are willing to add me on skype, or FB, I'll answer all of your questions.
    I used fighter for a very very long time, so I suppose I would be able to answer.

• Hi, I didnt understood, what will u like to be changed, can u make it more simple,
    The onyl thing I understand is the inability from martial artist to get closer to the enemy.

I will be looking forward to ur reaply.

Thx.

• Hi Blazing, this is what I could found about the Swordman Energy skills.

In order to make them useable whit out increasing the amount of SP I simple change places for them so it will be at the top of the skill tree. this will save u 2 SP, so u can maxed them whit a little improvement on the Focused Kame.

Skill tree will look like the image I post

and will be adding to the kame the next atribiute:

Swordsman:

Focused Kamehameha, Max lvl:
    Energy:550 (Damage Increased when critical hit is succesfull)
    Energy:258% (Damage Increased when critical hit is succesfull)

Let me know ur thoughts

• No mentions on Shadow Knight?......The class is built to be OP so I believe it would require almost complete reconstruction to be fair lol.

Hi Birdman, I know I havent touch Shadow Knight, I know its kind of OP, so intead of making it weacker, I just trying to improve all the other classes.

Let me know what kind of changes do u meant about SK, I hope u can giveme some examples.

Thx and I will be lokking forward to ur reply.

• Honestly, the only thing I can think of for SKs that needs balancing is Bold Strike. The thing that made that skill so OP was the fact that its bleed damage was percentage based, which allowed players that managed to get their Sub to high upgrade levels to deal serious damage even with anti-bleed. Hell I find it stupid that you had to have anti-bleed gear (among other things) just for SKs not to mention the fact that no other DoT skill in the game is percentage base. If anything, you'd see something like that on a Crane (though that would be just as broken). As such, I think simply making it a set number instead of a percentage would be a good idea, but to make up for it the DoT effect could be higher than its original value.

But anyway any pro Shadow Knights wishing to express their thoughts please do so. I made this thread to cover all classes and have input from pros at using them.

Eh...I don't think that's a good idea switching the skills around since Burning Attack, as far as I know, uses your Sub-Weapon for damage calculation (correct me if I'm wrong). Truth be told, the original lining of the skills actually fits well with the physical skills...at least when it comes to (Focused) Gravity Break. Also Focused Kame is more or less a waste since Concentrated Kame at 1 SP has KD and doesn't take 2 seconds to fire.

I just need my crane lost in time skill back. We DOMINATED PVP when we had that smh. Then they took it from us cause we was too OP lol.

Lost in Time was absolutely broken as a Stun skill because of its range. Seriously no class should have a stun that reaches 35m (or was it 25m). Now I'm not saying it can't come back, but if it does it definitely needs to have its range nerfed.

• Hi, I didnt understood, what will u like to be changed, can u make it more simple,
    The onyl thing I understand is the inability from martial artist to get closer to the enemy.

I will be looking forward to ur reaply.

Thx.

hi. i am happy if ma have more basic hp and armor than turtle and crane. And i think ma "quick attack" would be upgrade, because they not have debuffs: i pref or 54 cd with best range, 36 meters, or more less cd, about 15-20 sec than also have karma, plasma "shout" get closer skill with about 45 meters range.

Also i think turtle "sudden stun", karma "playful doll" and plasma "confusing drombeat" not balanced with fighter "solar flare" because turtle become best close ranged attack dammager, karma, plasma become best close ranged fighters. And I think solar flare effects not equal its cd time, now 1:30.

And i think swordsman could receive some stun at close 1 targets att skills.
    and i think turtle would better, if not have debuffs, but receive cumulated slow effects into att skills and have more SP cost them. Now every debuffs op, 70% speed reduce and 90% move speed reduce debuff = not make sense move or speed characters. also 3-4 sp all skills and debuffs...why? this dammage would be 7-8 sp because very high its dammage potencial.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!