Turtle Guide.

• Hi.Unfortunately not served me well , is not the turtle I want to go and be . However, if I wish to show something and I doubt it done with a team of PVP Constitution .

Divine - Sacred , best turtle on server 2 , best character PVP and number one in this . While it is in the West, his team also round in a +15 or the like and as I say , I doubt it deletear constitution as a SK (Tank ) single Kame .

Video

• Hi.Unfortunately not served me well , is not the turtle I want to go and be . However, if I wish to show something and I doubt it done with a team of PVP Constitution .

Divine - Sacred , best turtle on server 2 , best character PVP and number one in this . While it is in the West, his team also round in a +15 or the like and as I say , I doubt it deletear constitution as a SK (Tank ) single Kame .

Video

It's hard to understand you. The translators are not very good for posting xd.

Video

We're all aware of how good Divine was. Of course, that didn't stop a certain Uprise SK from showing us that Western players can trump the big guys.

Video

I understand if the build or guide is not really perfect for you, and regardless I am still happy to know that you read it, however.
    Divine was the best turtle, and I am not, comparing divine to me is quite pointless, since divine started playing turtle way before me, and while I played 3 classes, he played only one.

Thanks for reading though.

• So been working more on my build to lean towards Hybrid (PvE and PvP). While I greatly dislike Korin Platform due to all the unneeded drama, I'm still a competitor of sorts and thus would enter Budokai to crave those PvP needs. As such, this is what I come up with. Super Clicky!

Again, some notes about the build.

EP Recovery Dropped: As much of a relief it is to have a way to recover EP, the LP cost is simply too much for a class designed to be a Glass Cannon. Using it would require me to run Energy Reduction, which would cost me a total of 6 SP to use that I simply didn't have to spare. Now granted this can always change depending on whether Energy Reduction gets reworked into a buff and/or I feel like the two are really needed, but for now these will be ignored.

Hypnosis maxed: It should be obvious why I bumped this to 3 when I said I was going for Hybrid.

Spiritual Defense Dropped, Physical Damage Crippling Curse added: one thing that I remembered about Papaya Island is that the best drops (in terms of Jewelry) came from the Kraken dungeon, which is mostly a physical based dungeon in terms of mob damage. I honestly didn't see the point of using both Defense buffs when I can make up the Energy Defense with gear. In exchange though, this freed up SP for me to use the Physical Damage Crippling Curse debuff from the Spiritualist tree. 20% reduction may not seem like much at first, but when dealing with bosses that have a large physical damage stat that 20% is going to do a lot. What's also nice is that it's cheap to cast, has a small CD (16 seconds, which gets shorter due to utilizing CD reduction) and a duration of 22 seconds that can be increased with RP. You'll basically be spamming this skill like crazy and your tank will thank you for it. The debuff doubled with the physical defense buff also make great tools in Budokai against physical classes like Fighters, Swordsmen, and (possibly) Ultimate/Grand Chefs who would otherwise give Turtles a lot of trouble. Mind you, I'm not saying Fighters/Swordsmen become easy to beat but this combo will certainly give you a little breathing room.

Scatter Shot/Turtle Rod Impale maxed: Not much to say here aside from having these maxed out means I'll be able to deal more damage than before with those two skills.

Kaio-Ken Dropped: I'm going to be honest: I'm not a big fan of Kaio-Ken when used in games, and DBO is no exception. Really when I have SSJ for a transformation I don't really see the need for Kaio-Ken. Sure the CD is much lower and it boosts your attack stat more than SSJ (unless this changes later in development), but really when you got a buffer around boosting your power already the SSJ buffs become more useful than Kaio-Ken's attack buff. SSJ would also be one of those last-resort skills in Budokai, and again the buffs it gives outclass Kaio-Ken's attack buff.

Energy Attack Passives dropped, Dex Passive used: If I'm going to base my build around being a hybrid, than I need to rely on crit. As such, I found these two passives not worth the 6 SP. Increase Dexerity, on the other hand, I find to be more handy and, believe it or not, that extra dodge has saved me on numerous occasions. Considering it also boosts status resistance (unless this gets modified), this is an extra bonus for taking the passive. The Energy Attack can also be easily substituted with SSJ, gear, and buffs so again, 6 SP not worth it.

So yeah, thoughts and comments? I'm still working out the build, but at least now you guys will know that I'm not just sticking to PvE. I want my Dark Warrior to do that instead.

• While thinking your build is fine, here are some things you might want to consider:

I got 3/3 of attack speed shackle
    Helps in Kranken/ CC and so on to get way less hits and helps in pvp when fighter goes thunder mode and speeds the crap out of you (if you are fast enough to act). If you go for Physical Defense Boost you might want to consider it too.

Kaio-Ken, I don't like it too, but later when going high floors on CC we allways lost SSJ so it isn't that bad to have it as plan b.

I had to sacrifice sleep for it tho but I only like party pvp anyways...

• I can see the wisdom in these. :> Thanks for the tips. I went in and moved SP from Scatter Shot to Attack Shackle. I also knocked Sleep to 1 (13 seconds is still long enough to get a buff and debuff in, especially when adding Sudden Stun into the mix) in order to max Kaio-ken since I also maxed out guard, although its effectiveness at 3 SP is going to need some testing. However, I'm still a little iffy about whether Kaio-Ken's attack boost it gets from putting SP into it is really worth it or if 1 SP is enough to get by since 9 times out of 10 you'll have a healer with ya.

This is Godun/Johtai approved nice thread Roli, at least we got a few non turtle noobs here.

The feeling's mutual man...save for the noob comment. We have new players here after all.

• While thinking your build is fine, here are some things you might want to consider:

I got 3/3 of attack speed shackle
    Helps in Kranken/ CC and so on to get way less hits and helps in pvp when fighter goes thunder mode and speeds the crap out of you (if you are fast enough to act). If you go for Physical Defense Boost you might want to consider it too.

Sorry but I don't agree with you on this.

To start off, in Kraken you shouldn't get hits, Kraken is a kind of dungeon where if the party has a very very small experience, they can easily finish it without getting hits (except the SK ofc).

You need ldefense boost against fighters, thats for sure, and attack speed shackle can kill the fun for a thunder, HOWEVER, you forgot something.
    In every possible ways, a fighter should ALWAYS stun the enemy before using thunder, because under thunder you cannot be confused / stunned / sleeped etc, you resist every debuff that can stop the thunder.

For example : Budo starts, and the enemy turtle gonna start with a kamehame to your face, this is one of the reasons why the 2 corner player ALWAYS have to start the budokai with dashing away from the range, also, if the turtle starts the kamehame, you can QA and kidney, and there you go, the turtle is dead.
    Phisical defense boost I'd say is more a "platform buff" than something very useful, because for end-game dungeons as a turtle, you do not want to thunk aboit tanking, so I personally feel like it's a wayte, but if you cannot afford a +8 armor, then it's understandable.

BlazingBarrager : We have different opinions about using the class, hence why our paths went into a different way, but I don't doubt anything you said above, but keep in mind, that having a lot defense doesn't mean you can hit hard enough.

I personally hit that much, with 32% ecrit wand, for some people it's low, for some it's high, but I'd consider this normal.

• Much thanks for advice roli. See this is why I come to you for advice on Turtles: I may have taught you how to play the class, but you got the experience that surpassed my own. Anyway, I'm still tinkering with things here and there while trying to use the knowledge I have/had of the class for a build that I can feel the most comfortable with. Hopefully once the TLQs become available I can starting testing and experimenting with Guard to see if it's truly worth investing it.

• True you aren't supposed to get hit. The debuff noticable supports the bard so he has to heal the tanker less often and results also in him getting less crits.
    While Kraken might not be the best example there are enough bosses in CC dungeons high floors (i mentioned too) where he has to heal to other taking care of ads too. So I still recommend it and the healer will allways thank you for less work

As for pvp ofc a good fighter will allways stun the turtle before thunder, I remember sawing videos from babys party (most prob. the best party in server 1) allways giving Dreamer and me (both turtles) number 1 and 2 to focus.
    There were enough occasions where it wasn't them and the fighter didn't stun or didn't attack the turtle.

Your arguments are true tho nevertheless.
    The gain is more "passive"

Yep 80-100k feels normal against high lvl dungeon adds when good geared and not too defensive build. Could go higher, could go way lower too tho

• Well explained, thank you for the input.

• I understand if the build or guide is not really perfect for you, and regardless I am still happy to know that you read it, however.Divine was the best turtle, and I am not, comparing divine to me is quite pointless, since divine started playing turtle way before me, and while I played 3 classes, he played only one.

Thanks for reading though.

If i remember good, DiviNe played crane on cap 60, and have a fighter too..

Here is his turtle build
    http://tools.dboglobal.to/?tool=Skill-Calculator&class=Turtle-Hermit&build=01001004001004001000330330012251511333134432100

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!