Transmogrification system!

• Ok, I know what you think, this is not a priority, there is no need for this, bla bla bla. But really, read my post before rushing an answer. So yeah, priorities about the server development are clear right now, but here it is my suggestion for the far future, because this is what this sub-forum is for I think.

The "dogi thing" is a really big part of this game. A lot of things are made just trying to get that very wished dogi that you like and people spend LOTS of zenies on them. But the best thing about dogis is also the worst thing about them: They are based on Dragon Ball characters. So yeah, it is pretty cool going around looking like Vegetto. Except when, like me, you don't like to look like already existing characters. Yeah, this is something that I find the people has a hard time trying to understand it, but really, there are a lot of Dragon Ball videogames out there, and I can play as Vegetto. Here I want my character to be my very own character. So dogis are not my thing at all. Apart from that, dogis are not that numerous, so everybody, in the end, is dressing with the same clothes again and again. There is no place for creativity.

So, if you don't use dogis, you have the look that your gear gives you. Some times, the gear look is ok, some other times it isn't. I usually have two sets of clothes: The combat one with good stats, and the "going around" one with good looks. It is even harder when, like me, the clothes that you think that has more fidelity with the series are the "low-level" ones. It is really a pain in the ass.

Enough talking. Making things short, during all the time I played DBO in the Taiwan server and right now, I felt a real lack of customization in the game. For me there is a very clear solution: A Transmogrification system like there is in all the MMO games. And yeah, if there is in all of them, it is for a reason.

• It is quite simple: You go to an NPC, you select your "good stats item", then select the "good looking item", you press ok and maybe pay some zenies, and there it is, a good looking item with good stats.
    • Or maybe the complex system like the one used in DC Universe Online, the new one in WoW Legion or Diablo III. Each time you wear an equipment or weapon, you collect that item style. Then, you can go to your "Styles collection" window and select how you want to look in chest, legs, boots, weapon and sub-weapon.

Again, I know this is not going to happen RIGHT NOW. But maybe, when the game is officially launched at its full state, hopefully, dreamfully, we can have something like this.

• Yea I understand and it really sounds like a great idea, it really do, besides u got a strong point on ur thought about unique characters.

Now, may be some other ways to accomplished that, for example.

There are a lot of sets on game, from lvl 1 armor sets to lvl 70, CC, tmq5 etc.

What we can do is, to make a new dogi for every armor set on the game, this way the amount of dogis will be increased, and the amount of looks will be huge, this way also enable the option to use spiritist looks on a martial artist and vice versa for every class.

No matter how will be done, it’s a great idea and I will like to be implemented.

Thumbs up

• The wrong thing with that is that dogis are a single piece of equipment. Think about this: Right now, my "going around" set is the orange suit with black shirt for the chest, blue pants for legs, and the orange "trunks-like" boots. You can't make a look like that with a Dogi. Dogis only limits the way you can customize your character. But, if you have both things, say the transmogrification system, and dogis of the different sets on game, that would be just the best thing.

• The wrong thing with that is that dogis are a single piece of equipment. Think about this: Right now, my "going around" set is the orange suit with black shirt for the chest, blue pants for legs, and the orange "trunks-like" boots. You can't make a look like that with a Dogi. Dogis only limits the way you can customize your character. But, if you have both things, say the transmogrification system, and dogis of the different sets on game, that would be just the best thing.

U maybe right.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!