Guard Skill: is it worth maxing?

• One of the skills you earn from TLQs (that also grants Counterattack), Guard has been, from what I've seen anyway, almost completely ignored despite being the only defense skill that is available to all races/classes, but why? Is the effectiveness boost and faster CD (8 seconds at max SP while duration lasts 10 minutes) not worth investing into, or is it simply one of those skills players tend to overlook?

The cool thing about Guard is that it's compatible with both PvE and PvP builds due to its ability to block skills and, sometimes, counterattack with a ki blast that always KDs the attacker (unless it's a huge boss, though Guard still blocks all damage when it works). It also only requires 2 SP to max Guard while Counterattack doesn't require anything special, which isn't too bad.

However, the problem I'm scratching my head about is what is the percentage of success for each SP put into the skill? We know its success rate increases as you add SP, but by how much? I'm hoping to try this out later once TLQs become playable so I can share my discoveries with the community.

• In TW nobody used that skil but i really dont know why .. im thinking its maybe couse when you reach lv cap the weapons and armor set are more focus in critical damage, speed attack and dodge rate...

I was thinking, guard can easy block one attack but you must deal with a combo of very powerfulls attacks, with a low cd or a few high damage rate and critical hits, so eventualy the skill turns inefetive, and you get killed.

• it would have been only good if you were a tank or majin (high defence rate) then you'll have a higher chance to block attacks and reverse attacks, so that you knockdown opponents while blocking their dammage. But there absolutely was no reason to max it up there at all, level 3 gave higher effectiveness, but even then it didn't succeed to much.

• I remember only using the Guard Skill to not get stunned xD but i definitely going to use the buff Scintillation on my Swordsman, is guaranteed to block attacks when using Guard depending on how many SP you put in this buff, i going to put 2 because you can really break some combos with this, easily defeating for example a human with turtle class, their combos were very annoying.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!