Kai-oken & Super Saiyan?

• Would anyone be kind enough to tell me what the difference is of these two in the game?
    I haven't reached a high enough level to go super and what not.
    I wanna know if there is a difference in power or anything really between these two IF there is even a difference that you'd notice. :)

• Kaioken drains your EP and EV while you're transformed. Super Saiyan drains constantly your EP. You can raise the Kaioken level (by using it many times in a row), but Super Saiyan have only one stage. Kaioken have a 6 minutes cooldown, SS have 1 hour cooldown. If I remember, SS give more stats than Kaioken and both accelerate your attack speed, btw this last affirmation can be a mistake.

• Kaioken drains your EP and EV while you're transformed. Super Saiyan drains constantly your EP. You can raise the Kaioken level (by using it many times in a row), but Super Saiyan have only one stage. Kaioken have a 6 minutes cooldown, SS have 1 hour cooldown. If I remember, SS give more stats than Kaioken and both accelerate your attack speed, btw this last affirmation can be a mistake.

A 1 hour cooldown!? That long?? Shouldn't it be much shorter? I mean 1 hour is extremely long in my opinion, you'd barely get to use it this way...

• Actually, I don't think it is. You will not have to use it all the time, only for serious situations or fun :D:D When you get the skill, you'll see it's not that much.

Well yeah but still! I see most people use it for the heck of it simply cause it looks cool, me and my buddy are planning to do the same when we hit the level required for it xD
    That said I don't think it should be 1 hour or even 30 minutes. I think simply 5 minutes for both would do :$

• If you're like most you'll only really use it during the final parts of the TMQs and UDs xD
    Outside of those there's not really a necessity to use it :thumbsup:
    (super saiyan)

• The thing about SSJ is that its CD starts after transforming so even if you die you'd still have a head start on the CD.

But anyway both skills (Kaio-Ken isn't a transformation so I'm not referring to it as such) have their advantages and disadvantages.

Kaio-Ken:
    Pros:
    Doesn't require wishing
    Can have SP put on to increase attack power and reduce drain.
    6 Minute CD
    Possesses more attack power than SSJ
    Multiplication raises Crit Rate, but not by much (see Cons)

Cons:
    Skill requires you to spend SP on it.
    CD doesn't start until after the form kicks off.
    Got heavily nerfed in 70 cap; multiplying no longer doubles your crit rate.
    While you can reduce the drain via SP distribution, your LP and EP still drains and can get you killed if used recklessly.

SSJ:
    Pros:
    Doesn't require any SP. Just needs to be wished for.
    Doubles EP and increases Hit Rate and Dodge Rate stats in addition to your attack power.
    CD starts after transforming and can be ready to use if you lose your transformation.

Cons:
    Has less attack power than Kaio-Ken with 2/3 SP. Also can't have have SP added to increase stats and reduce drain
    While EP is doubled, the drain is still fast (especially in battle) and skills still use up EP. This makes using SSJ as a Fighter or Swordsman difficult due to their low EP as the drain is faster than the recovery rate. Turtle Hermits and Crane Hermits don't suffer from this as much, but Turtle Hermit (imo) are the best class suited for SSJ due to Crane Hermits having a lot of high cost EP skills.
    1 Hour CD, though this is balanced out by cooldown immediately starting.
    Deactivating/losing the transformation stuns you for 15 seconds making you completely vulnerable.

Note that this is from vanilla game. Since Daneos hasn't made any changes (aside from fixing a bug and making the multiply limit x3), we don't know atm whether stat boosts and drain will remain the same or get improvements/nerfs.

• Thanks for all the info Blazing, I appreciate it a lot and especially seeing how you put all the pros and cons for me as well!
    As I was really curious about these two things and never really knew much about it, it's good to hear about all the good and bad things as well from a fellow member on the forums for some help.
    So again thanks a lot!

• So do you have to get Kaioken by getting to a certain level?

• Must People dont know but If u Max "Ki Burst" on Fighter u will reduce SSJ EP consumption by 41% and can be esier to hold it in battle, and if u have good Energy gear or buffs, u can hold it forever.

And by the way SSJ need more Power, compared to Kaioken, SSJ aint that much of a Damage Dealer,

I wish they can Increseas SSJ power.

THX and thumbs up

• Oh cool there is a buff for Fighters that can reduce EP consumption? That's very nice.
    I guess the developers added it specifically for the Super Saiyan transformation

• Oh cool there is a buff for Fighters that can reduce EP consumption? That's very nice. I guess the developers added it specifically for the Super Saiyan transformation

I would say they added it for Fighters that wanted to take the ''energy'' route in the skill tree, but it works with SSJ too, and it's kinda OP to be honest, since if they already have a colossal amount of dodge rate, they'll increase that number even more with SSJ, reducing the EP consumption only makes them even more of a pain in PVP :dlol:

(And let's not even talk about what happens when they get drunk, if you know what I mean)

• I would say they added it for Fighters that wanted to take the ''energy'' route in the skill tree, but it works with SSJ too, and it's kinda OP to be honest, since if they already have a colossal amount of dodge rate, they'll increase that number even more with SSJ, reducing the EP consumption only makes them even more of a pain in PVP :dlol:
    (And let's not even talk about what happens when they get drunk, if you know what I mean)

U never played ranked right?,

Transforming in to SSJ on ranked aint a good idea, unless u alredy have extreme good gear, if u dont have good gear and u trasnform in to SSJ u will be prety much dead, by the time u are able to start moving.

Besides KI Burst Skill is from vanilla skill tree

• U never played ranked right?,
    Transforming in to SSJ on ranked aint a good idea, unless u alredy have extreme good gear, if u dont have good gear and u trasnform in to SSJ u will be prety much dead, by the time u are able to start moving.

Besides KI Burst Skill is from vanilla skill tree

This. SSJ and Kaio-Ken are more game changers if anything. The trick is to know when to use them and give yourself enough time away from your opponent. For example, Great Namek can be used as a sure way to win the LP tie when your current LP isn't up to speed. I may be a one-time deal, but if you use it at the right time you can easily gain a win. SSJ and Kaio-Ken follow a similar route: if you desperately need to score a win and your damage output isn't enough, transform. You just got to do it when you have enough breathing room.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!