UPDATED Lvl 33 automatic book would u want it or no.

• one of the things i dont see anyone mentioning is do we really want an item that levels you up Instantaneously?
    yeah sure for leveling purposes it is a godsend but what about group content?

have you guys seen other mmos?

you join a queue for a dungeon or flashpoint and you get these players with maxed level characters who havent leveled their character meaning they got no idea on how to play them,no idea what their skills do or how to use them...problem is that if its a new class for them they need the experience you get with leveling.

well thats why the stone book isn't to bring your charactor to max lvl out of the gate like star wars online. thats foolish. it only grants you a fast forward to adult quest nothing more. if u lack experience true u will get owned thats the risk as for teaming up in dbo know who ur partying with

• I hate pay to win games but I really don't see any issues with an insta lvl 30 item added to the shop. It's not like it's granting anyone a permanent op buff or anything, and it doesn't really take that much time to get to that level anyway. Cash shop items help the game stay alive, too! :) So I see this as a help for the people who've already made another character, people who haven't got much time, and the dev/game in general really.

• Tbh it should get add in as a limited time event when open beta starts, that way everyone can get it at first, then once the event ends it could be added into the cash shop as whether or not it should be place in the beginning is the real problem that should be addressed. I think it should be added in a week later for those who want to catch up, it doesn't really matter to me those anyways because thete are way to get level 1-60 in a week, even 70 without using any bugs.

• Tbh it should get add in as a limited time event when open beta starts, that way everyone can get it at first, then once the event ends it could be added into the cash shop as whether or not it should be place in the beginning is the real problem that should be addressed. I think it should be added in a week later for those who want to catch up, it doesn't really matter to me those anyways because thete are way to get level 1-60 in a week, even 70 without using any bugs.

Please dont take this the wrong way that would be nice to have but the idea is very wishfull thinking at best. The sever needs to make money in order to cover cost the skill book will sell most if its only available in cash shop

• Please dont take this the wrong way that would be nice to have but the idea is very wishfull thinking at best. The sever needs to make money in order to cover cost the skill book will sell most if its only available in cash shop

wishful thinking? The server is getting enough donation from all dogis and whites being bought and speaking about white stones and P2W you guys just don't see or know whats giving the advantage over other players because you guys never play the original DBO to witness to see the huge advantage that the cash shop gave to people who cashed.

But you guys are complaining about a level up stone that only put you to level 33 with not tlq finished or masterclass not given instead of the real problem like brown boxes, green skill reset book (full SP reset) dogi balls (gives dogi accessories STATS) stuff that levels up your pet faster, and gain to have a lot of abilities. AND THE FUN FACT ABOUT ALL THE STUFF I LISTED IS THAT I CAN KEEP ON GOING, ALSO ITS ONLY OBTAINABLE FROM CASH SHOP. There no where else to get those item unless daneos add it to somewhere else in game. And like i said there way more examples I can list, but since we're in pre open beta I"ll save it for once we get into open beta

• I don't like the idea of just being able to buy an item that jumps you levels without in game effort.

I'd be much more okay with it if it required you to have at least one character at level 70 before being able to even use it.

Well that's your opinion, and unfortunately that's not enough to justify your suggestion. I do understand where you're coming from though.
    Remember, a lot of players here already played the game and went thru the leveling turmoil. I don't see anything wrong with the stone.
    Besides 10-33 isn't a big chunk of the game, there's still a lot more stuff for them to complete.

true but that the main point that people who are against are using P2W as argument when they shouldn't because other things that are worst then the stone.

Yeah I agree, the stone's not even close to being Pay2Win. If they're concerned about P2W, they should worry more about the other items in the cash shop, not this. To me it seems like the players who argue against the stone just want everyone to be on the same page as them, which is kinda hard to do when you have free players and paying players. A paying player will always have more benefits.

• Well that's your opinion, and unfortunately that's not enough to justify your suggestion. I do understand where you're coming from though.Remember, a lot of players here already played the game and went thru the leveling turmoil. I don't see anything wrong with the stone.
    Besides 10-33 isn't a big chunk of the game, there's still a lot more stuff for them to complete.

I understand exactly what the leveling turmoil is like. I played at release with a small english speaking community. The struggle to learn TMQs, and dungeons without guides or anyone speaking korean. Learning dungeons and, which stats are best for your character. (Which is 'fun' when the game is completely in another language since there was no 'translation' patch at the time.)

I understand it's my opinion. I don't mind the stone so much. Its a slough leveling certain classes up to 30, whether it's easy or not it can be completely boring. Especially if you've done it several times before. But the first time is an experience that shouldn't exactly be skipped over. While it may be poo, I don't think people should be able to do it right away. The first dungeon and TMQ alone are memorable experiences that people took the time to make and include in the game I don't think it should be skipped by those who haven't done it before.

If the game isn't hard and most people will easily get a class to 70. Some might do it in a week or two, but I believe many will do it quickly in a month. Everyone will be starting from scratch. I think the box needs to be in the game. After getting a dps class up to 70, I'll probably use a box to get a healer up to 33, just because it sucks to level that low. But before that I think the things that'll can potentially divide the old and new player base should be held off(or at least delayed, feel like my reasoning for that could be an entirely different, and probably long post.) I'd be willing to bet they're going to probably be loads more people who haven't played DBO than those who have.

• I understand exactly what the leveling turmoil is like. I played at release with a small english speaking community. The struggle to learn TMQs, and dungeons without guides or anyone speaking korean. Learning dungeons and, which stats are best for your character. (Which is 'fun' when the game is completely in another language since there was no 'translation' patch at the time.)
    I understand it's my opinion. I don't mind the stone so much. Its a slough leveling certain classes up to 30, whether it's easy or not it can be completely boring. Especially if you've done it several times before. But the first time is an experience that shouldn't exactly be skipped over. While it may be poo, I don't think people should be able to do it right away. The first dungeon and TMQ alone are memorable experiences that people took the time to make and include in the game I don't think it should be skipped by those who haven't done it before.

If the game isn't hard and most people will easily get a class to 70. Some might do it in a week or two, but I believe many will do it quickly in a month. Everyone will be starting from scratch. I think the box needs to be in the game. After getting a dps class up to 70, I'll probably use a box to get a healer up to 33, just because it sucks to level that low. But before that I think the things that'll can potentially divide the old and new player base should be held off(or at least delayed, feel like my reasoning for that could be an entirely different, and probably long post.) I'd be willing to bet they're going to probably be loads more people who haven't played DBO than those who have.

That's why players will have the option to use it or not. If you're new, it's highly suggested to level 1-30 manually, if you're a player who's experienced it all before, the stone will be there for use.

I don't think the gap from 10-33 is that big considering you can level from 1-30 in 2-3 days manually. It won't create a huge divide, and besides not all old players will use the stone so it's unlikely that there will be a significant, game changing gap.

I like to think of it this way... It's kinda like missing a day or two of DBO because of work or a family function.. That's as big as the gap will ever get. 1-2 days is nothing compared to the amount of days you will actually spend playing the game.

• wishful thinking? The server is getting enough donation from all dogis and whites being bought and speaking about white stones and P2W you guys just don't see or know whats giving the advantage over other players because you guys never play the original DBO to witness to see the huge advantage that the cash shop gave to people who cashed.
    But you guys are complaining about a level up stone that only put you to level 33 with not tlq finished or masterclass not given instead of the real problem like brown boxes, green skill reset book (full SP reset) dogi balls (gives dogi accessories STATS) stuff that levels up your pet faster, and gain to have a lot of abilities. AND THE FUN FACT ABOUT ALL THE STUFF I LISTED IS THAT I CAN KEEP ON GOING, ALSO ITS ONLY OBTAINABLE FROM CASH SHOP. There no where else to get those item unless daneos add it to somewhere else in game. And like i said there way more examples I can list, but since we're in pre open beta I"ll save it for once we get into open beta

buddy i played taiwan for 2 years i know the advantages of it very well. you clearly dont know the cost of maintaining a sever with storage information, as well as development for new material. theres never a fixed income with cash shop, it varies month by month therefore the more attractive materials available the better sales get. Note that the skill book only fast forwards a players playing time it doesn't give the player more skills. NOW ill admit the other items u have mentioned ie skills for dogi's is a true fact and is closer to pay to win. but pets leveling faster whoopie pets are a secondary system bud. skill cant help u in battle for tornament or dungeouns

• buddy i played taiwan for 2 years i know the advantages of it very well. you clearly dont know the cost of maintaining a sever with storage information, as well as development for new material. theres never a fixed income with cash shop, it varies month by month therefore the more attractive materials available the better sales get. Note that the skill book only fast forwards a players playing time it doesn't give the player more skills. NOW ill admit the other items u have mentioned ie skills for dogi's is a true fact and is closer to pay to win. but pets leveling faster whoopie pets are a secondary system bud. skill cant help u in battle for tornament or dungeouns

leveling up to 33 cant help you either in tournaments or dungeons too amirite :D

• well i may not have voted for right away but it seems most people want it right away i hope daneos will consider this but in all likely hood he wont see this thread

• i think once you get a character to 70 you could get rewarded with one, but its just a cheese item in my opinion its not hard to lvl to 33 you couldnt neccesarily say its p2w but if you are buying the the book it is lvling you and giving you an advantage over other players who do not have the ability to buy it and skip the starter lvls

also polls are stupid because people are stupid, main problem with democracy i would much prefer that daneos made his own decisions over being swayed by the populace of nubs

• i think once you get a character to 70 you could get rewarded with one, but its just a cheese item in my opinion its not hard to lvl to 33 you couldnt neccesarily say its p2w but if you are buying the the book it is lvling you and giving you an advantage over other players who do not have the ability to buy it and skip the starter lvls

also polls are stupid because people are stupid, main problem with democracy i would much prefer that daneos made his own decisions over being swayed by the populace of nubs

Thats absolutely insane. Daneos should listen to the community and allow it to be apart of the development process. I personally think the stone would be fine for a hefty price in the cash shop. Once someone reaches that level, allowing them to spend money to get another character to that level by PAYING and funding the server is reasonable. Having people pay for something they've already accomplished is a win on the servers part, and allows players who dont have time or patience to enjoy the game while helping out the community.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!