UPDATED Lvl 33 automatic book would u want it or no.

• Thats absolutely insane. Daneos should listen to the community and allow it to be apart of the development process. I personally think the stone would be fine for a hefty price in the cash shop. Once someone reaches that level, allowing them to spend money to get another character to that level by PAYING and funding the server is reasonable. Having people pay for something they've already accomplished is a win on the servers part, and allows players who dont have time or patience to enjoy the game while helping out the community.

All im saying is just because the community may want something doesnt mean it is good for the game, suggestions are great but certain things like a lvl33 book can end up having serious consequences to the playability of the game and how much fun players are having.

• All im saying is just because the community may want something doesnt mean it is good for the game, suggestions are great but certain things like a lvl33 book can end up having serious consequences to the playability of the game and how much fun players are having.

This isn't a suggestion, this item was in the OG DBO.

Elaborate on how the game will face consquences? And also, whether the game is fun to someone or not; that's a personal opinion/feeling and it isn't game breaking situation.

• og dbo crashed and burned so imo any item from there cash shop should be counted as a suggestion rather than something that is part and parcel of the game, anyway a lvl33 book would lead to less populated starter areas, to a new player this can be off putting i dont have much else to say so w/e i really couldnt be bothered to reply but id feel bad for not doing so yeah happy birthday lel

• og dbo crashed and burned so imo any item from there cash shop should be counted as a suggestion rather than something that is part and parcel of the game, anyway a lvl33 book would lead to less populated starter areas, to a new player this can be off putting i dont have much else to say so w/e i really couldnt be bothered to reply but id feel bad for not doing so yeah happy birthday lel

A less populated area is a wonderful thing.
    It horrible when you want to kill some mobs and there are a ton of people killing them.

If you try to kill a mob that is already being attacked you don't get a point for it.
    The same goes for the others.
    When it comes to collecting something it becomes a living nightmare with more people around.

• Well, not everyone has the time to play that time ...
    We have to think about the rest and not only ourselves. I could too but I'm not going to use it as an argument.

That is quite a pathetic arguement on your part.

Starter maps will always be populated because the number of new players is growing day by day (Check new players tab on DBOG Main page). It's not like the entire community will use the stone.

Lack of players doesn't put a player off, lack of content does.

Speaking of content, DBO didn't crash and burn because of the cash shop, it died because of lack of updates/content. It also closed due to the fact NTL was going bankrupt. So that negates your argument regarding the cash shop being the reason for shutdown.
    More cashing might've actually kept DBO alive.

• That is quite a pathetic arguement on your part.
    Starter maps will always be populated because the number of new players is growing day by day (Check new players tab on DBOG Main page). It's not like the entire community will use the stone.

Lack of players doesn't put a player off, lack of content does.

Speaking of content, DBO didn't crash and burn because of the cash shop, it died because of lack of updates/content. It also closed due to the fact NTL was going bankrupt. So that negates your argument regarding the cash shop being the reason for shutdown.
    More cashing might've actually kept DBO alive.

You wanna talk about pathetic arguments? The dragon ball franchise is a cash cow, if you go bankrupt with a IP that practically prints money, then you've made some seriously grievous mistakes.

If DBO, which is a failed MMO, had a lack of content, why would you want to introduce an item to allows people to skip levels? Because a small hand full of people have done them before? I think there are going to be way more people who haven't done 1~33 than those who have, and to avoid people skipping over the little content the game has, restricting easy access to a instant 33 cash item helps alleviate that issue.

More cashing, if done smartly, could have helped easily. But it could have also done the opposite. Many MMOs have made the critical error of adding in P2W items or, shop items that divide their playerbase. As soon as you start adding in things that are practically required for fun, or sets you behind by a large amount if you don't buy them, you have problems. People leave. It isn't fun fighting someone and then they win because of a auto HP potion that is only buyable in shop. Sure I could by one too, but I already spent $30~ to skip to level 33 and a reset book because I messed up my build, the build I might add I had been following closely, but didn't realize it was outdated because of a recent patch, so all my skills are bork'd.

I understand the nostalgia, but DBO had many glaring issues, besides the lack of content, it was how the cash shop unbalanced the game buy making many items required for pvp, and ruining the in game market by allowing these items to be sellable to others in order to make it 'fair'. JUST BECAUSE IT WAS LIKE THAT IN DBO, DOESN'T MAKE IT A GOOD IDEA AND SHOULD BE CAREFULLY REEVALUATED.

The cash element is what ruined a great idea for me and a lot of people, and I think changing the core of it is necessary to have a sustainable playerbase that

A. Doesn't Max out quickly and get bored.
    B. Doesn't Get let behind and out 'gunned' and quit because of frustration.
    C. Feels rewarded no matter how much money they spend.

I've played many F2P and P2P Mmos. I've got 1080 days of subscription to FFXIV and I still play/pay. Spending ~$15+ a month on a game isn't a problem for me. I work, so paying for a few convince items/tools isn't a problem to help with what little time I have, I however, don't wish to contend with credit card warriors, it kills every game. (Take the whole BDO fiasco currently happening as a good example.)

Everyone with a vested interest in actual conversation in this thread should at the very least watch this:

• wow thats a good video very good arguements

• I don't think you've read this thread yet, most of the arguments you have presented have already been argued there. Not going to repeat myself again.

Automatically lvl 33 book/stone

Your arguments are based off the cash shop being P2W and the fact that their is a lack of content.

I do agree, some items in Cash shop can be defined as P2W, but this 33 stone is not one of those items. Why? - Read that thread.

Automatically levelling from 10-33 will take away from the already lacking content?
    No it won't. The only content from 10-33 is TMQ1 RP1 and UD1. If you played DBO before, you know how insignificant this content in comparison to others.

And besides, lmao, people will come back to RP1, UD1 and TMQ1, regardless of their level to farm gear for kid budokai.
    So yeah, no content is being missed out on.

We are talking about implementing a lvl 33 stone into the game and/or cash shop. Not whether the cash shop is P2W or not, there's another thread for that.

You got a whole bunch of reading to do.

• I've read, my post is a blanket post for the entire thread.

I played KDBO from beta, I what its like to level 30+.

Bluntly: For the sake of shop and game balance the book should be in the game, yes. It should not be buyable from cash shop with actual money. The concept of the item makes it highly important and it shouldn't divide players based on whether or not they can or are willing to pay for it.

EDIT: I said this pretty much the page back in a much shorter post, the one above is practically my thought process behind it and my reasoning. All real discussion about this is going to involve much talk about p2w, it really won't be avoidable.

• I see, well we all have our different views. It's nice to see people being respectful while debating.
    btw, my answers to your posts are on the previous page as well. We discussed this stuff already lol, totally forgot.[trophy][/trophy]

• A noob saving 20 hours of gameplay from this stone isnt game breaking at all, it would however make a difference in open beta where everyone is just starting out giving them a HUGE head start. As for it giving less content, I just cant see a new player buying this, only a player whos already leveled and doesnt want to go thru the easy levels again. I am for this stone until after openbeta otherwise it'd make a big difference.

• i know theres some random dude that's just going to roast me or some shit for this lol. I do not agree with this thread. A lvl 33 stone is allowing players to skip too many levels. And i know there's some dude that's going to say "you know lvl 33 isn't the highest level in the game right?" Of course i know pal, but we're almost half way there, why won't you just enjoy yourself a little bit more instead of instant leveling? There's no need to rush. For real.

"it ain't pay to win though"
    Why are you so sure of that? Is it because lvl 33 isn't the last level? Pay to win dosen't have to mean only that you need to pay if you want to reach a higher level, but it's that you actually have to pay with real money to skip over 30 levels wich is a pretty huge amount if you ask me. So what's the deal with a stone like that? People are going to start selling those shits in auction house for millions. If you're so hypped about cheating, at least make daneos put a higher cash prize for it. Like 100 cash points each stone.

• i know theres some random dude that's just going to roast me or some shit for this lol. I do not agree with this thread. A lvl 33 stone is allowing players to skip too many levels. And i know there's some dude that's going to say "you know lvl 33 isn't the highest level in the game right?" Of course i know pal, but we're almost half way there, why won't you just enjoy yourself a little bit more instead of instant leveling? There's no need to rush. For real.

"it ain't pay to win though"
    Why are you so sure of that? Is it because lvl 33 isn't the last level? Pay to win dosen't have to mean only that you need to pay if you want to reach a higher level, but it's that you actually have to pay with real money to skip over 30 levels wich is a pretty huge amount if you ask me. So what's the deal with a stone like that. People are going to start selling those shits in auction house for millions. If you're so hypped about cheating, at least make daneos put a higher cash prize for it. Like 100 cash points each stone.

You're right about the incoming roast but I'll take it easy since I'm rushing to sleep lol.

The main purpose of the stone isn't only to level quickly, it's to skip boring content that we experienced many times before. It's not that we want to rush, it's just that it becomes a nuisance when you've done it 10 times. By all means, if you like leveling 10-33 by questing, go for it, you don't have to use the stone.

Pay2Win is when cashers have an unfair advantage over non-cashers.
    Leveling 10-33 doesn't give any disadvantage to other players. If you think it does, read this thread.

Automatically lvl 33 book/stone

Seriously, don't reply with some bs reason why leveling to 33 gives an unfair advantage to someone who's leveling manually. The only advantage given by the stone is less consumption of time and that's not Pay2Win.

People tried, they've been disproved.

• quick note''

sure have the level 33 book,stone but enforce the following law.

''any player with only 1 or 2 characters that has used the stone and COMPLAINS about lack of content will get an instant ban''

im sure you would agree with this,i mean if you ''skip'' content how can you complain that there isnt any?
    this rule of course wouldnt apply if you have like more than 3 characters,and i said 3 because there are 3 different leveling zones,more than 3 yeah go ahead use the stone and you can even complain if you want...less than 3 characters and you complain about lack of content? wam bam thank you maam insta ban.

• There is a need, let the people vote. Quit whining about everything. And no I am not going to bother to argue with you because Im just 2 lazy for that. Also I agree with Demimura, make it a few days after release. A month and everyone will be level 70 lol.

the last line is kinda true. when it comes to this game grinding will be easier when all the bugs are gone from the quests that you missed in pre-open beta. let's say a player did all the quests and grinded for 20 minutes. It's a long way to go even from there but it's still going too fast that you could almost say lvl 70 will be close within a month or two.

• quick note''
    sure have the level 33 book,stone but enforce the following law.

''any player with only 1 or 2 characters that has used the stone and COMPLAINS about lack of content will get an instant ban''

im sure you would agree with this,i mean if you ''skip'' content how can you complain that there isnt any?
    this rule of course wouldnt apply if you have like more than 3 characters,and i said 3 because there are 3 different leveling zones,more than 3 yeah go ahead use the stone and you can even complain if you want...less than 3 characters and you complain about lack of content? wam bam thank you maam insta ban.

You have every right to complain about lack of content. A person's views and opinions shouldn't be dismissed just because they've skipped some the introduction of the game.

DBO doesn't really have much content to begin with. Nobody's rushing to complete the game just for content.

• You have every right to complain about lack of content. A person's views and opinions shouldn't be dismissed just because they've skipped some parts of the game.

yeah sorry that doesnt make sense,its like me going to the town fair,not use ANY of the rides and then complain and say that the town fair sucks because there isnt anything to do.

if you skip content you have no right to complain about the lack of it,granted you can only complain about end level content but skipping those 33 levels should automatically devoid you of any right to complain that there isnt anything to do...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!