Dexterity update

• Am I the only one who feels that having STR goven phys.crit makes Fighters and Swordsman more equal? Both have the same STR passive (which is 70) and their themes (Fighters being Dodge and Swordsman being Hit Rate) more or less cancel each other out. You can easily have a Fighter still stack DEX and make hitting them difficult while they hit you back (remember they have that Hit Rate passive) or you can go the crit route by sacrificing dodge for power. Same with Swordsman: you either go for accuracy or go for power. It's that simple.

Also anyone thinking this will make Turtle Hermits OP need to remember that their item can still be dumped (which I think needs to happen) so they lose their instant max RP in Budokai and depending on how much Hit Rate 1 point of FOC gives they'll either have to sacrifice power for accuracy or vice-versa.

• I think the stats should just stay the same. Changing it will cancel out all fighter guides that have been made. One cannot even tell if I should equp a STR on armor or Des. It's very confusing.

Every class had their unique abilities. i can't take the 'con' of namek tankers and put Lp increase on focuse for instance, that would confuse players completely.
    Martial artists are known for their dodge and crit. Some other classes can have high hit rate to cancel out fighter's dodge. It was just fair enough.

• Am I the only one who feels that having STR goven phys.crit makes Fighters and Swordsman more equal? Both have the same STR passive (which is 70) and their themes (Fighters being Dodge and Swordsman being Hit Rate) more or less cancel each other out. You can easily have a Fighter still stack DEX and make hitting them difficult while they hit you back (remember they have that Hit Rate passive) or you can go the crit route by sacrificing dodge for power. Same with Swordsman: you either go for accuracy or go for power. It's that simple.

Also anyone thinking this will make Turtle Hermits OP need to remember that their item can still be dumped (which I think needs to happen) so they lose their instant max RP in Budokai and depending on how much Hit Rate 1 point of FOC gives they'll either have to sacrifice power for accuracy or vice-versa.

when you say phys.crit, do you mean crit chance or crit damage?

• Well, swordsmen still have a passive skill that gives them 17% critical hit rate for free,so they will be just fine. Fighters on the other hand depend entirely on the item effects of their armor that has DEX to give them a similar amount of crit rate plus the fighter master passive. Now it's gone, i would have to think all over again about everything lol.
    That's why both are not equal

• Well, swordsmen still have a passive skill that gives them 17% critical hit rate for free,so they will be just fine. Fighters on the other hand depend entirely on the item effects of their armor that has DEX to give them a similar amount of crit rate plus the fighter master passive. Now it's gone, i would have to think all over again about everything lol.
    That's why both are not equal

i feel like if they want to change something like that make 1 DEX give less then one strangth so you would get less then before but still some if you have a lot of dex.

Am I the only one who feels that having STR goven phys.crit makes Fighters and Swordsman more equal? Both have the same STR passive (which is 70) and their themes (Fighters being Dodge and Swordsman being Hit Rate) more or less cancel each other out. You can easily have a Fighter still stack DEX and make hitting them difficult while they hit you back (remember they have that Hit Rate passive) or you can go the crit route by sacrificing dodge for power. Same with Swordsman: you either go for accuracy or go for power. It's that simple.

you cant just change an entire stat without compensating for it , making it less strong but not completely bad. check my idea above ^ or come up with a better one.

• This change is just stupid, ya'll talk about fighter but what about classes who have no crit rate buff like dark warrior, healers, etc who used to stack up FOC for crit rate yet still crit only a few times, now wtf they gonna do ? stack up soul ? and miss everyone ? fuck no

you guys are missing the point, this is affecting every class INCLUDING the weaker ones.

• An argument was passed few posts back that dex gave just 0.15% crit, I dont see how loss of such minor crit% can be major effect on fighter. Given that 1 dex really was 0.15% crit. In that case,I believe daneos gave better percentage to crit than poor dex gave. May be 1-2 %.In which case you should be glad. Either way my argument will be invalid too, almost everyone`s argument will be invalid till we know how much % crit 1 str gives. If its in higher %, instead of nerf i see it as benefit to your poor class if not, than fighters should get another STR passive/buff or crit buff.

• What are you even talking about, the thing is that DEX is a very important stat anyway, and this ratio bullshit you talk about doesn't make sense, now it's STR that gives 0.15 p crit, and no that's not a minor change at all because you could get over 250 bonus dex, which is 37.5 crit rate.

See that's the problem with ya'll, you talk about stuff and throw around numbers without even testing it, well i tested it, hence why i flagged it and made some research to know wtf was going on and then posted on forums so that everyone would be aware of that bullshit

• This change is just stupid, ya'll talk about fighter but what about classes who have no crit rate buff like dark warrior, healers, etc who used to stack up FOC for crit rate yet still crit only a few times, now wtf they gonna do ? stack up soul ? and miss everyone ? fuck no

you guys are missing the point, this is affecting every class INCLUDING the weaker ones.

You're right. The stat change confuses all classes. It's not just about fighters. Stats play a major role in the game and changing them suddenly ruins everything. I only talked about fighter cuz i never played with namekians before, but yes you're right.

• I think that change balances fighters and just nerf them a bit, as they still have their passive that gives them 70 Str + 23 from Might. Now you can choose either go full dodge with less crits, go full crit with less dodge or hybrid.

It will buff SM as they didn't really need dex for dodge but for crits, so they can take some str gear along with their 70 Str passive + 23 from Might it will give them tons of crits. If the stats keep as Daneos said, I think their passive must be nerfed as SM would be very OP.

Turtles will be nerfed in terms of gearing as they can't go full FOC, but it is not a great nerf as they still have 44 SOL for their passive and you just need to rethink how to gear yout character. Maybe giving them more SOL to their passive can balance it.

Cranes will be nerfed when they don't need a nerf, as their DEX passive is now useless. This passive MUST be changed for STR as the only reason to take DEX passive was for the crits.

DW are nerfed although they have 34 SOL, because they needed to gear with FOC because of their low hit rate and that won't change so their possibilities to crit are lower. It can be balanced doing the same as for the turtles.

The same with SKs. I think it is ok with this change (maybe I'm wrong, as I'm not expert in SKs)

Ultimates that goes PvP will get a buff with this change as they get now more crits as their passives give them 70 STR and they can still wear FOC as that won't change their past role, they will crit more now. Maybe it needs to be a little bit nerfed, but not much.

Grand Chefs I think they will get some buff (something they needed) as they can get now 30 Str with their passive + 21 from skill. It is ok with this as they needed a buff, although it is not enough imo.

Plasma will get a nerf as now their FOC won't give them crits. This can be balanced by increasing their Crit passive.

And Karmas won't get a crit bonus when wearing FOC.

Maybe I made some mistakes but this is what I get with a fast view of the situation.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!